ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L3AND80
    71 posts

@sircowdog1 Yes, I recorded a contract on Heroic before writing this post: Yes, I recorded a contract on Heroic before writing this post:

• N3mB0t
    824 posts

@l3and80
    why not use the diamondback and enjoy the guaranteed CHD?

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@l3and80 It's certainly an interesting way to play. Although not my cup of tea at all. I dislike the way the game determines if a headshot is actually a headshot. I can put down 3 enemies in a row with perfectly aimed headshots, but the next will just pretend like the head doesn't exist and I do no damage at all.

Still, I'm always impressed that people find new and interesting ways to play the game.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

It's certainly an interesting way to play. Although not my cup of tea at all. I dislike the way the game determines if a headshot is actually a headshot. I can put down 3 enemies in a row with perfectly aimed headshots, but the next will just pretend like the head doesn't exist and I do no damage at all. Still, I'm always impressed that people find new and interesting ways to play the game.

True, sometimes I can kill the big guys in heavy armor with just two shots to the head (Nemesis or 1886 with Headhunter active to take all proctection and the other with the pistol with Quick Draw active), but sometimes the game IGNORS the damage of headshot to the point where I have to empty the Nemesis clip (6 shots) to take down the same type of enemy.

And yes, TD2 has a lot of material to work with, like putting together less common builds, like a "doctor-sniper", an interesting build that I like to use in group games because it can help the team and also have damage to kill NPCs or else choose a weapon or skill and creat your own build from it.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

@n3mb0t I liked your suggestion, I had even forgotten about my Diamondback, I'm going to create a new build using it as a base.

• Sock_Monkey
    458 posts

Depends on if I am doing Summit, or any specific project, but generally speaking my favorite for grinding is still my maxed EP/status build. The amount of damage you can put on multiple enemies at the same time (playing solo) is incredible. It also jives nicely with having the Fog of War, Pistolero and Special Ammo directives active when doing missions, so more XP.

It's 4-pc EP + Vile mask + Belstone gloves. Every piece has max +Status Effects, plus the Belstone also adds armor regen, so if I am low on armor I can hide and regenerate. Skills are Firestarter and Stinger Hive. Every piece and every weapon is optimized to max. Guns are Test Subject and Scorpio.

Love the set, and it can be laugh watching the status spread across a large group, knocking down wave after wave. I doubt it'd be practical in the DZ (haven't even tried it yet), but for LZ CPs and missions it's a blast.

• TxDieselKid
    281 posts

Obviously depends on the difficulty and the directives. Hunters with Memento, and my Hunter Killer vest, and an m870, and either a Dark Winter, or an MPX, or a Carbine 7. All reds, all CHC/CHD (yes I have an all red Hunter Killer with CHC/CHD and a WD core).

If I'm in a group or 3 or 4, I tend to actually run a buffer build of some sort to help them cause more damage. Could be FI, could be TP, I have a few versions.

• Imagine_Brata
    410 posts

Shotgun or smg with huntersfury /intimidate /adrenaline rush. here some gameplay with MP7/optinist on City Hall

• noooob023
    4 posts

A good old fashioned 6 red perfect glass cannon build. It makes me squishy as hell on higher difficulties but it's pretty much the only chest perk that gives me the versatility I need.

It just straight up gives you a flat damage buff to everything no strings attached. Perfect for a sharpshooter since you're probably going to be behind cover anyways.

Can't take it into the DZ, though.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@noooob023

It just straight up gives you a flat damage buff to everything no strings attached.

Aside from the fact you take a lot more DMG, but yeah, you don't need to proc it.

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 466 posts
    @noooob023

It just straight up gives you a flat damage buff to everything no strings attached.

Aside from the fact you take a lot more DMG, but yeah, you don't need to proc it.

Yeah maybe good for group play where the enemies are not just aiming at you but for solo not so great IMO....spend more time running/hiding/using med kits/waiting for a heal then shooting so kinda negates the dps output of glass cannon.

Gunner in a CP....GL 😂

Skill build it's great solo or grouped.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts
    Yeah maybe good for group play where the enemies are not just aiming at you but for solo not so great IMO....spend more time running/hiding/using med kits/waiting for a heal then shooting so kinda negates the dps output of glass cannon.

Yes, you take more damage. But it's amazing for solo once you learn better ways to use line of sight and cover. If you're spending a lot of time "running/hiding/using med kits" then it means you need to clean up how you engage enemies.

I won't lie, it takes some getting used to. And there are times where I find it frustrating how much damage you take. But most of the time, if you're doing it right, you're killing enemies before they can pose a serious threat.

However, I will say that I would never take a PGC into legendary stronghold, where the explosive spam is just too great of a risk. But even in legendary summit it works really well.

• Oatiecrumble

Yes, you take more damage. But it's amazing for solo once you learn better ways to use line of sight and cover. If you're spending a lot of time "running/hiding/using med kits" then it means you need to clean up how you engage enemies.

I have used it many times but it's just not my playstyle, i'm more of a aggressive player, always pushing forward.....it's why i like to use Unbreakable, yes i lose some dps but i can take a hell of a lot of hits which in turn i give the enemies a lot of hits....so it kinda balances out.

• noooob023
    4 posts

Yeah. To be honest, I'm having trouble figuring out how an armor or skill build would fit the sharpshooter given how most of its perks are centered around doing high amounts of headshot damage in single shots while in cover.

Perfect Glass cannon sure is satisfying to use but it's just too risky in smaller areas so I end up using a bulwark liberty build.

But I will find a glass cannon build that works and then I'M going to be the raid boss.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

In my opinion, for snipers builds, which are usually all ofensive and therefore usually have no defense at all, Glass Cannon is a waste of time, which Headhunter and Focus are better options, Glass Cannon, in build of snipers, perhaps best used with the exotic Memento backpack, which would deal 15% weapon damage, 170k armor and 1 skill tier for skills (shield or fixer drone helps a lot, remembering that the shield receives double bonus: blue and yellow atributes) might work well, as it would take some of the GC penalty, but I consider this backpack excellent for most builds I try to do, but sniper builds are not in this group.

But everyone has a style and knows which build, skills and talents suit them best.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@noooob023 Headhunter + Shotgun apparently works. You could try that with armor + sharpshooter. It seems like a weird playstyle, but some people on reddit have said they enjoy it.

• Oatiecrumble
    @noooob023 Headhunter + Shotgun apparently works. You could try that with armor + sharpshooter. It seems like a weird playstyle, but some people on reddit have said they enjoy it.

It works very well because you don't have to be spot on for a headshot due to shotgun pellets have a spray effect.....just make sure you have 150% HS damage and all is good.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

During Hollywood, my mortar build is extra fun, and I'm actually using the grenade launcher more often. It's actually not a chore to get my PlayStation character to season 100.

• TxDieselKid
    281 posts

@sevennvd Same. I find myself running missions with just the launcher as my primary. lol

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    94 posts

@oatiecrumble cayote mask, 3-piece Walker and Harris (chest piece, holster, & glove) One knee pad overlord Fox's Prayer, & Backpack Grupo Sombra all with god roll critical hit damage and chance. I use baker's dozen as my main gun with critical hit chance and damage too. A Scorpio as a secondary in case things get too close to me.

This are my favorite builds.
    This one is my favorite for legendary

This one is for pve heroic

This is my favorite shield build Golan Gear. I love when they surround me, I have that status effect to cause damage with hive.

And this one is my favorite to destroy armor. 5% from walker and harris and 8% with with contractor's glove from petrov. Slices thru rogues nice.

Suggested Topics