ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rhabola
    Original poster 6 posts

I started getting intermittent crashes on The Division-1 game. Regardless of settings. After some investigation I noticed the crashes are more often when other apps are running concurrently. Shutting down everything else prolongs gaming but eventually the game crashes. In one of the test I did had the task manager active and noticed memory allocation gradually increased as the game processed. It might explain the crashes if memory leaks are involved but I cannot be certain

And why the ubisoft crash reporter no longer works? When game crashes, sometimes crash report card doesn't even show up. And when it shows up it can't submit the crash details and gives an error

Files are verified multiple times and to the best of my knowledge everything is up to date. I have not seen this problem with The Division-2 main game. Setting changes including directx and performance changes made no difference.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mr._Gru
    13 posts

@rhabola Turn DX12 off in settings. Mine used to crash until I turned it off.

• rhabola
    Original poster 6 posts

@mr-_gru Makes no difference. In fact The setting I was playing the game was always DX11. I also switched it to DX12 nothing changed. it crashes after a while. And the more programs running on my PC, the sooner it crashes. Could be between couple mins to half hour if nothing else runs. And here is the other thing, if I just leave the game on the character selection screen, it doesn't crash. That's why I suspect it could be some memory leak.

• Ubi-Mercury
    619 posts

Hello there everyone, I'm sorry to hear about these crashes you've all experienced. Could you please try this PC troubleshooting guide? Please keep me updated after the guide has been completed if it helps.

• rhabola
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-mercury I tried the guide as you suggested. In one of the steps, after reinstalling the "ubisoft connect" in win admin mode, the crash problem disappeared. And I used DX12 in my settings. I played the game for several hours concurrently running various other apps on my PC. No crash.

So for me the ubisoft connect seemed to be the problem. I hope it will help someone else, because it wouldn't crossed my mind that could be the culprit for 2 reasons. First the software works fine with many other ubisoft games I have, including division2 without crashes and second ubisoft connect reports updates overtime done successfully. Anyways this may also explain why the ubisoft crash reporter didn't work previously, although i would tell for sure if another crash happens.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

• rhabola
    Original poster 6 posts

@mr-_gru So far the game hasn't crashed on my PC. And it has been 3 days playing division1. But I am fully aware of the DX12 reports, if that happens I will update my post here. For me, the ubisoft connect program was the issue. It's very misleading to show that updates going through when it's just messed up. And never crossed my mind it could been that. It needs to be replaced with the latest version.

• PoSeiDon.ROG
    9 posts
    It's an old game from Ubisoft, many players have had problems with this until PC Full High-End is also like this and for years it has never been repaired for nothing with maintenance but only regular maintenance does not see in terms of performance and quality of the game and also player problems that are on the forums.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2925 posts

Hello @rhabola,

Thank you for the update!

We're glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics