Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• echolecter
    84 posts

Using a skill build can be fun, be it in PvE and not PvP. I used a skill build during the current manhunt for doing all the bounties (12x, hardcore excluded), fired maybe 50 shots and let skills do all the work. At times I didn't even pay attention the game and just let it run by itself. So yes, I do understand why people think that skill builds have no place in PvP. The ones at the receiving end aren't competing with people but playing against the game engine controlling the skill (and cheats as well).

• ModalThread611
    100 posts

@yodaman3d Are you having trouble grasping how broken that is? You really think that is what the devs intended for traps? This lengthy discussion is about why people really hate skill builds and I am telling you why. Yet you seem to not even grasp what the reality is. It puzzles me that this is so hard for you to even just acknowledge. I really feel you don't pvp very much at all.

• Sock_Monkey
    292 posts

@modalthread611 Is there a site or guide to this specific all-blue build? I am curious and would like to put one together just as you describe.

There's still a handful of DZ regulars that (even with 1.6M armor + shield + bonus armor from Intimidate) kill me instantly from 50 yards with just a couple shots from an AR.

I call BS (and cheat) but of course they vehemently deny it. I am curious if this would make any difference.

• DEDloc
    31 posts

Some of this trash is getting fixed anyway. The recent post about traps from Yannick is just a hint, and when the trap gets nerfed into the ground all of the arguments of "the developers think it's fine so live with it" will be immediately invalidated.

They know it's broken and it's about to get fixed.

The real PvPr's will be vindicated.

• Adrian-11
    707 posts

@darth_potat0

Oh, the real PVPers, a very elusive species these days...
    8 in 10 encounters in DZ are cheaters and door / back-stabbing gankers.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 You aren't using big enough words, so everyone understands what you are saying. You got spanked in the DZ and instead of learning how to beat it, you want it nerfed.

It's not your playstyle so you want to punish those who enjoy using SBs of any kind. So you scream for nerfs. Totally ignoring the fact that some players have invest some time into putting those builds together. It was mentioned above of how to build against it and yet you didn't like that idea. So instead of beating them, you want them nerfed. Instead of crying for Nerfs, why not find a better way of beating them. Nerfings don't anything to improve the game.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@darth_potat0 Oh so Yannick says it's getting fixed. Then what? What will get broken in the process? The Devs are far from perfect, they are human by the way. Then you throw in the fact there will always be players that will find the "meta" and then we will be right back here with players begging for more nerfs. It only breaks the game more.

• D-Y-N-4-M-0
    23 posts
    @modalthread611 You aren't using big enough words, so everyone understands what you are saying. You got spanked in the DZ and instead of learning how to beat it, you want it nerfed.

It's not your playstyle so you want to punish those who enjoy using SBs of any kind. So you scream for nerfs. Totally ignoring the fact that some players have invest some time into putting those builds together. It was mentioned above of how to build against it and yet you didn't like that idea. So instead of beating them, you want them nerfed. Instead of crying for Nerfs, why not find a better way of beating them. Nerfings don't anything to improve the game.

Nerfings don't do anything to improve this game? Build diversity says otherwise.

• HonestlyOK1986
    85 posts

Personally i dont think skill builds are broken, the skill builders are remarkably squishy, there are builds that counter this, the yellow hive i cant remember the name of right now helps protect against status effects, use a jammer etc, if you're a dps hiding on a stairwell or trying to hold one spot and you dont account for people using skill builds or lobbing traps down on the very tiny space you're trying to occupy then that's on you. Skill builds are an opposite of dps in that they can take you down as quickly as you can as a dps on them, if you're not playing smart enough, avoiding the skills, jamming them, pushing them quick enough, using the hive etc thats on you. Unfortunately it'll just be another thing that gets nerfed to the ground so the remaining 4 players who like dps builds will be happy.

The game will have absolutely no build diversity shortly, it'll be just like when the EB was released with people using the 3-11-7 builds. Changing anything at this point is worthless anyway as theres nobody left to play to really care. You didnt get people complaining on td1 with immune stations or meds, players in td2 just cant adapt

• DEDloc
    31 posts

The entire argument here has been shredded by the fact that the devs know it's broken.
    I find it hilarious that a couple weeks ago it was "The devs know best and they left it in the game so it's fine" and now it's "fine, it'll get nerfed by the devs because it's broken and they admit it" ....the funny thing is that you obviously trust the devs when they leave your favorite broken build in place, but suddenly they become inept morons who can't balance a game when they do something you don't like LOL
    Are the devs the final say on what's good? Or do they just totally fail to balance a game well?

You can't have both 🙂

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 87 posts

@darth_potat0 the devs were only referring to the trap glitch. They didn't mention anything about the balance.

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@metal_greg Just throwing my opinion out here. Don't hate me for it. However Skill builds in PVP of The Division. Currently they require no skill. Pressing Q and E (or whatever button on controller) is not suppose to deal so much damage. If you spec into all skills tier and skill damage, then I can see you putting someone down with a well placed Sticky bomb. In the end the skills should be there to assist you not do the job for you. This game currently is so cheesy with skills and its ruined the game. I watch many streamers play on heroic or Legendary and they sit in cover and press Q and E. HOW FUN!

LOOTER SHOOTER> NOTE LOOTER Q and E

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 87 posts
    ... and when the trap gets nerfed into the ground ...

why the hell would you want to nerf traps into the ground?? even if they were over-powered that doesn't mean they should be nerfed to that extent. If you don't like skills like these just do us all a favor and go play something else because they're an integral part of this game.

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 87 posts

@x0nemanarmyx don't generalize, assault turret and drone don't really require much skill (on heroic) but pretty much all the other attack skills require as much, if not more skill than a gun build. assault turret and drone still require some skill tho like knowing where to place your turret and who to target.

think of skill builds as mages in skyrim. no one thought that pressing a button and seeing NPCs explode from a bolt of lightning or whatever was "cheesy" so how is this any different?

You are correct that on heroic you can sit in cover only using your skills and not have a problem but heroic is pretty dam easy with just about any build so that's more to do with the difficulty balancing not how good the turret and drone are. As for legendary, I'd like to see you go through a full solo run of a legendary without shooting a single bullet from your gun, if the turret and drone are really that good you should have no problems.

• Sock_Monkey
    292 posts

@x0nemanarmyx No one hates you for your opinion, and while I don't argue with your specific complaint I personally disagree that it's a bad thing. In the end this is a stupid video game, and skill (or lack thereof) means absolutely nothing in the real world, so some of us don't care if we never, ever "git gud" because it's just a fun pastime. Now if you consider building that skill as fun and something you really enjoy doing, there are alternative builds (and play styles) that you can pursue, and I think that diversity of play is exactly what makes Div so enjoyable and why I've been playing it almost exclusively since spring of 2016.

Personally I usually fall into the "I don't care" category, which explains why my maxed Eclipse/status build is still my favorite. Having said that, there are time I like to mix it up too, and have DPS builds, tank builds, explosive builds, sniper builds, etc. for when I am looking for a change-up in play style.

I wouldn't want the game if it favored any one play style - regardless of which one - over all others.

• x0NEMANARMYx
    16 posts

@sock_monkey I agree. See in when the devs came out with Division 2, Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe they said they were going to have a separate pve and pvp modifier. Just like in 1.8.3 of div1 when they nerfed striker. it was nerfed in pvp but not in pve. I don't understand why the devs cant just make the skills work OP in PVE and keep pvp balanced different. In the DZ and Conflict or any pvp mode. Someone should not be able to press q or e , deploy a skill, shoot a chem fire or whatever and do crazy damage. This takes the skill of shooting and aiming better. Thats always been my complaint with div 2. That is why I think div 1 was better. PVP wise that is. When you got into a gun battle in the dz. It came down to proper timing of medkits. Recoil control and landing your shots. Headshots do more damage. There were talents like strike back and on the move, crit save. These were all things a player could do to win the gun fights. This is not the case in Div 2 pvp. Now its OP skills or Point and shoot first. Mostly just comes down to who has a slightly better build. This makes for a boring game.That is why a lot of people left This game. The rest of the players that still pvp. Dont want to play against skill build in the dz. its not fun. nor does it require skill. No matter what you say. Pressing q or e is a cheesy way to get kills. This is shooter. Not Some wizard magic potions and skills. Just my 2 cents on this topic. I know many will disagree I see so many players use skill builds, sit in cover and interact with there turrets, drones and or other skills. This is the direction the devs took this game. every new exotic was always something to do with skills builds. Boring in my opinion. Builds in this game are too easy to achieve what you want. I mean you can literally craft a hardwired set and throw skill damage on everything . Done! You got a OP Skill build.

• LateNiteDelight
    480 posts

They seem to selectively apply their PvP/PvE modifiers - still confused by them not modifying Intimidate like they do Unbreakable. They also seem to focus more on Counters, rather than leveling the playing field.

I always blame Bruce [did he move to Avatar or Star Wars?], since Lady Death was his baby and works best with Intimidate/AdRush.

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 87 posts

@latenitedelight I still can't believe they made a gun that promotes chicken dancing.....

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 87 posts

@x0nemanarmyx they just need to increase TTK to force you to land more shots and prevent skills from one hitting people. but then that might lead to more chicken dancing so idk.

• Sock_Monkey
    292 posts

@x0nemanarmyx

I'll correct one thing in your statement:

This is shooter. Not Some wizard magic potions and skills.

I think from the beginning Ubi made it clear this is a looter game, not necessarily a shooter. I can play entire missions with some builds barely firing a shot (from a gun), and while not "wizard magic" it is tech skills. The Division was described from the release of the original as having "unparalleled technology," not just great guns.

Suggested Topics