ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 166 posts

@modalthread611 show us some proof. a video of said build in action.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 Do you really think it will stop with PvP? Let us consider that not all of the players just got perfect builds and had to farm for this build (which all that time is now wasted, cause you are unwilling to seek another way to defeat it.) What happens to players who use trap in PvE? Experience with Massive and their nerfs always affects PvE. Is this just another push for players who hate skills trying to get them removed from the game?

• A Former User
    0 posts

@yodaman3d

"According to what I have read here, it is related to "A Build" in PvP."

It has nothing to do with any build you could possibly come up with for those traps. The skill itself is not working as intended.

The problem with the explosive traps is that they're far too strong when not spec'd into. Like an all red or blue build with absolutely zero trade offs into a skill core, skill damage, haste and explosive damage.

Any skill in the game should be strong when spec'd into and weak when not and these explosive traps can one shot players without a single spec into them.

Name me another skill that can one shot players without a single spec into it. Then hopefully you'll see the point. This is why the traps are being brought in line with the rest of the skills in game. How is this hard to understand?

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d Again, I do not know what it will take you to understand the simple concept of a nerf and something that is broken. If you really think the devs thought yeah all blues and tossing traps should wipe an entire team was what they intended..... I have no words. This is only about fixing broken mechanics and gear. I will say the same thing again I am sure as you do not seem to understand.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@rimbo-[censored] Just give up, this person does not get it. Nor will they.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@metal_greg What do you think we are making this up? You really think that would work? This is like the twilight zone.

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 166 posts

@modalthread611 nvrmnd, don't need it. tried it for myself and got destroyed by ar and pistol builds. sure i'm tanky and i can basically one hit anybody with my trap but you failed to mention the major disadvantages: the AOE of the trap which is quite small and the time it takes to throw out traps. after you throw one out you have to destroy the trap itself then use your other skill or shield, then you can throw one out again. compare that to a pistol or ar build, all they have to do is shoot. you can deliver much more damage with a gun in the same amount of time that it would take me to throw out one trap.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@metal_greg I made it and wiped teams easily over and over. I used unbreakable. You need no damage talents at all. I can even set them on the ground and all yellow or red builds get dropped. You can just do it in the open it doesn't work. It has to be confined areas.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

So what you guys are saying, is that I should drop Shrapnel Traps to cover my back in Landmarks and on the Rope for Extractions? And maybe roll Memento + Technician to make them stronger than tier 0 👹

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@rimbo-[censored] According to some, the skill is broken. They refer to a "All Blue Build" and stated "everyone" is using it. They also make it sound as if there is no way to beat this one skill. Others have made statements against skills in general.

Now I have been in the DZ and been killed by players using guns. Can we nerf those as well? Let us not allow anything that can kill to be allowed to be used.

There have been some that have stated "Traps" are beatable. These statements are being ignored simply because it is more important to "nerf", destroy, eliminate it's purpose. Why? What was their strategy? Could that have been what caused them to get wiped to "Traps". Could they have done anything else? Asking Massive to "nerf" does nothing but destroy. What about those players that have builds that use skill? What about players have had to spend a lot of time farming for the right pieces to make the "All Blue Build"? What about those who only "Traps" in PvE? Cause history of Massive will not only affect PvP, it will also damage PvE.

I have watched players from the early TD days hate on skills, it wasn't their playstyle, so they wanted them ruined. Asking for balance would be one thing, but nerfing is quite simply a bad idea.

Players are always looking for an edge, if not this. It will be something else. Do we ask for anything that kills in PvP nerfed? You want players to stop using "Traps", show them you can beat them with something else. They'll stop using them.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d This is not a nerf, why don't you understand that? It is not working as it should. It needs to be fixed to work as it should. That is all. How is it ok to deal pve damage to a player in pvp? That is not a nerf.

• AU_Nexus691
    28 posts

I guess none of you have gone up against people using burn sticky builds with glass cannon and creeping death , that stuff is pure toxic , same goes for regulas shield builds , they should bring look at the past from Div 1 for idea , make health viable get rid of the shields and also make it so you cant inspect another person build to make people use their brains for builds

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@au_nexus691 I would disagree on the inspection part - and not to use someone else's "brains" for my build.

Whenever I am hit by an insta-melt player, one who tears through my shielf, 1.6M in armor + Unbreakable in tenths of a second, alarm bells go off big time, and while on the ground (before re-spawning) I always inspect their builds.

9 times out of 10 it's an inferior build (lower armor, lower DPS, or maybe both), and the fact that they face-tanked me and literally vaporized my character while I took maybe a few bars off of them tells you....what?

It tells me it's a playing field totally unbalanced by cheats of one kind or another, so I leave that DZ immediately rather than give them the easy kills they so desperately want.

Besides, if it's meta builds you are worried about, 99.9% of the playerbase goes to YouTube for the latest ideas, so removing in-game inspection solves absolutely nothing.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 Better question is how do you not see it as a nerf? How is your intent asking for it has nothing more then a player who got spanked begging to punish those who beat you? Lots of builds can instant melt and sooner or later, we end up here. Players asking for a nerf, cause they don't want to see if there is a way to beat it.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d You really just don't get it...... Amazing. I wanna live in that world.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d I bet you have no issue with doing glitches either.

• AU_Nexus691
    28 posts

@sock_monkey I run an all red build with glass cannon and perfect Vigilance and can shred any muppet with 2 mil armour in seconds , not everyone uses hacks some just have better skill and quick at sniping ya head

• tarakanttt
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 Once again, what's not to get? Players got spanked in PvP and instead of finding a way to beat it, they would rather scream for nerfs to ruin a "build" or a "skill".

What good comes from a player trying to see how good they are if they have to rely on use a glitch or a cheat to win? No, I don't use glitches, to me it feels like cheating.

Looking at the bigger picture, Massive has a very tough time balancing in this game. You cry for this nerf to hurt another players playstyle. Someone else ask for a nerf to hurt your playstyle. In each case, the time and effort players spend trying to put builds together become wasted.

Seriously ask yourself, "is there anything you and your team could do with your strategy that would make "Traps" irrelevant in PvP?" Why let your opponent control the field of battle?

Most players will rely on what makes them feel competitive. If you out play them, they will adjust their playstyle.

Someone just mentioned they have a build that just melts players. Are you asking for that nerfed? What if you meet in the DZ and they outplay you? Then will you ask for nerfs?

Massive has a tough time making balancing adjustments. They use nerfs to destroy builds, guns, and skills. That makes them useless.

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@au_nexus691 Sorry, the facts just don't back it up. Sure, what you say makes perfect sense if you shoot me in the back, or catch me off-guard. These exceptions do indeed occur, and I don't automatically suspect cheating in those cases (though the in-the-back thing does come off as lame-o regarding sportsmanship). I am talking cases where I am prepared, see the rogue coming and we face off at the same time, and open fire at the same time.

Sure, a build you describe (all red) does more damage than mine, but as is appropriate with game balancing, you take WAY more damage than I do. That's how it's supposed to work. All-reds have next-to-no armor and should melt instantly, but yet the guy (not moving) barely loses a bar or two off his armor. Also, I am pretty good at aiming too and have clear line for headshots, but I don't use aimbots or aim assist, so as per how the game works some will miss per RNG. Again, this is how it's supposed to work.

Now you and I face off and your AR/SMG is landing 100% headshots while I am doing maybe 60-70% and you'll melt me instantly. Except the game (under normal gameplay) doesn't actually allow that, so if you are indeed landing 100% than you are using a cheat or an assist of some kind. This is how game "rules" are designed to work, although unlike natural rules there are too many nefarious ways to skirt the game rules...which is unfortunate.

Suggested Topics