Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 If a player is willing enough to just stand there and let some one throw traps at them. It makes it too OP. Cause we all know that's how PvP is. Players just stand there letting you kill them. Why let opposing players get that close? It has to be skills and not the players making bad choices.

Why not just shoot the player while they are looking up your build? They would never get the Trap off in time to kill you. You are the PvP Expert that wants everything that kills you nerfed. Hey while your at it, could you also scream about guns. I have seen players killing each other with guns, that makes them OP right? I also sure that the Devs won't some how nerf this skill into the ground that makes them useless or that other players won't find another way to own you in the DZ.

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@yodaman3d You make me sad. I really hoped you might understand. Please leave me alone. I feel you are just harassing me now. No one can really be this way.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611
    Why is the answer "It has to be Nerfed!"?
    Is it "Cheesy"? Yes
    Are there ways to beat this "Cheese"? Sure
    Are players willing to try anything else to beat them? Apparently not.
    PvP in TD series has always depended on players using "Cheese" to be better then their opponents.
    I have seen some gun build players melt just as fast if not faster then "traps". Can we start nerfing them builds on whims? No,

My concern is historically speaking with Massive. They do as you wish and nerf this skill, what happens? Will it ever be usable again? Will the desire to nerf stop at how it affect PvP or will it affect PvE as well? It has always affected PvE, historically speaking. Some players hate SBs in PvP. Is this another attempt to get them made useless in the DZ? Will this truly improve build diversity or increase the gap between Gun Builds and SBs?

What I find sad is in your desire to attack skills. You aren't paying attention on how this affects players every where in the game. It comes off as it has to be your way or the highway. The Devs have already stated Traps are being looked at, but how useless are they going to be cause players are unwilling to change their strategy?

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@yodaman3d I need you to say an all red build should have the heals as an all yellow build. An all yellow build should do the same damage as an all red build. Every single comment you have said that is what you are saying. You are saying with passion that an all blue build should deal enough skill damage and explosive damage to kill an entire team. You don't pvp and don't know much about it. Again tell us all that you believe an all red build should have the same heals as an all yellow build.

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 78 posts

/bottom line:/
    skill teir 0 traps need to be nerfed.

• A0-MassivePepis
    4 posts

@metal_greg The problem with skill builds is that most of the skills are stupidly broken. The shrap trap is still glitched, and will one shot any player no matter the armour. The shrap trap is not being used to prevent rushes. Rather, people just throw it on top of you and instantly kill you, which is completely unbalanced.

The reason most people hate skill and status builds in PVP is that it eliminates nearly all aspects of gun play in the game. While you can say that people just put their shield up and shoot, the shield is designed to leave the head exposed, so whichever player that can aim onto the head quicker will usually come out on top of the fight. I would personally much rather fight someone by out-aiming them rather than being constantly bombarded by a mortar at the end of a corridor or being set on fire for half a minute.

The only truly broken "damage" builds are the Liberty crit build and the Nemesis bodyshot build, both of which are completely overpowered and require very little skill to use.

• LateNiteDelight
    339 posts

Crusader Shields prevent real gun fights more than anything else. Second place is In-Sync+Intimidate.

• Nerf Intimidate like they do Unbreakable
    • Make using a Crusader Shield lead to Hip-Fire Accuracy, and a doubling of reload speed

Then you can have real gun fights. Car Door Tangos are not real gunfights.

I now toss Shrapnel Traps on the rope thanks to y'all. Not sure if someone can cut the Rope and get off a Jammer before they blow? 👹

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@latenitedelight I don't think intimidate needs the nerf. The lady death needs the nerf though. Everything else I agree with.

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@a0-massivepepis We have one very deluded person who thinks it's ok for an all blue build to toss traps and kill an entire team. You are speaking all truth. Skills and status did not need all these buffs in pvp. The point of upping the skill damage was just a bad idea. We now have pvp that is more skills and status for far too long since they have left the game to run itself with zero balancing to pvp. Pistol builds=broke and the nemesis is the most broken gun in the game.

• LateNiteDelight
    339 posts

@modalthread611 why not both .gif

Intimidate is the same problem as the Shrapnel Trap - all Blue builds, doing full other core damage [when combined with LD or In-Sync].

Seems dumb to cut 70% of Unbreakable's talent, but not touch Intimidate.

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

@latenitedelight and they need a real gun fight game mode in Conflict, without shield and skills. That's why I play "Insurgency sandstorm" when I play PVP

• ink3pointoh
    2 posts

forget chest talent nerfs... can you guys fix the latest sticky bomb glitch in the game?

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 What I have said and continue to say as politely as possible. Traps shouldn't be nerfed cause you and your team keep rushing in, getting yourselves killed, and not learning from your mistakes. Use a different strategy, that coming from a player that in your opinion knows nothing about PvP and yet I know that.

I also know that every time players cry for nerfs and when the Devs listen. They over compensate and destroy skills and make them useless. Maybe that's your intent. Punish those who spanked you and your team. Most players in PvP don't like skills, especially if they get spanked by them.

Now in in your crusade to nerf Skills, one in particular. How does that affect PvE? Or do you just not care? Massive has shown in the past they have a very difficult time separating the nerfings. What affects one, affects the other.

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@yodaman3d What Have I said over and over. Others have said, we have provided videos of what I said and you still cannot seem to grasp the harsh reality of what we are saying to you. I really cannot understand why and cannot say here. An all blue build with no skill tiers should not deal enough damage to kill an entire team. You know what all blue is? Do you even understand? All blue has no skill tiers and has nothing invested to deal that much damage. It should not, why you ask? Because that is how the devs intended it to be. You have to invest into yellows to deal enough skill damage and skill tiers to kill an entire team. So based off of your level of knowledge you are saying an all red build should have the same heals as an all yellow build. I hope that one day this might all just click for you.

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@yodaman3d So answer the question? Do you feel an all red build should have the same heals as an all yellow build?

• ModalThread611
    91 posts

@ink3pointoh I reported it with a video last saturday.

Suggested Topics