ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@latenitedelight Oh no to zero tier skills doing the same damage as tier 6. No extra consequences for going rogue either.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts
    @latenitedelight Oh no to zero tier skills doing the same damage as tier 6. No extra consequences for going rogue either.

The worst part about this lude, is that I now agree with @YodaMan3D 😰

No consequences for going Rogue [plus rewards]... only cowardly back gankers could support such nonsense. 🙄

And maybe you should read what I actually wrote and implied about skills - they'd barely be functional and easily destroyed without any skill tiers. If you can't spot and avoid three little glowing traps or land a shot on a Striker Drone, you should probably go play Candy Crush. 😜

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@latenitedelight While I agree on the rogue thing, 2+ years after this game's release you're not going to see any whilesale changes to the game core. No how, no way.

I seriously doubt that the what you want will be incorporated into future Div games either. It just doesn't fit the play style. It never hurts to dream, but I wouldn't hang any hope on it.

P.S. I also happen to think the upcoming changes won't be nearly as much as everyone is hoping for. For a game this old it just won't pull in enough new buyers to justify a large development expenditure, and suspect it'll be the equivalent of window dressing.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey I've been open about how I know it's a very long shot, both in TD2 or TD3, don't worry [I've easily posted over a dozen times about this] - but I'll keep asking for it periodically. Doubly so since the current Hardcore is still in Beta, and moronic - why not give some new hires a dog fooding arena to experiment in, while finally proving once and for all if it works and if more than just myself and @Virtual-Chris are interested? I bet you could convince a bunch of shooter fans who are turned off by the sponge & loot to give an "Immersive" Hardcore Mode a spin for whatever this thing goes on sale for these days..

Just like I keep bugging Ubi Paris to add Urban Combat to Ghost Recon.

Maybe someday, someone will deliver my ultimate game ... hell, give me access to the balancing tables and I'll do the work for Massive on the house [though I'd expect a cut of the 1m+ sales it would generate] 😀

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@latenitedelight

Maybe someday, someone will deliver my ultimate game

If you have such a specific list of requirements why not get together some investors and developers, start a small dev company and make your own?

It's [relatively] easier than ever with the abundance of game engines available for licensing. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just design it to your preference, and you're guaranteed to get exactly what you want. Maybe you'll find enough of an audience you can make a profit from it too. I've done this several times for other services (unrelated to video games).

Not an entrepreneur? Join an existing studio and work your way up, so that you can be in a position to pitch your ideas (like Neal Druckmann did).

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey I've actually pitched the idea to the folks at Vicarious Visions at an event we both attended pre-acquisition [local folks], but it wasn't their wheelhouse 🙃

At a point in my life where starting over in a whole new industry just simply isn't feasible [family] nor do I truly care that much [only enough to post on forums at this point]. Guess we'll see what TD3 & the next Ghost Recon offer - maybe by then I'll be at a point in my life that I can take on such a project if neither deliver or maybe they'll have an opening in Mälmo I'm a better fit for [finance/economics] or I'll convince my son to get into coding when he gets a little older and can be his "Creative Director" 😎

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey honestly though, both Ghost Recon & The Division 2 are simply one small change away from exactly what I'm looking for. Hence me bugging both for said, relatively minor, tweak. Seems easier than trying to create a game from scratch.

Ghost Recon would be harder, and only doable in the next release. TD2 is simply a few number changes in a table [and if we go whole hog, simply keeping us at epilogue status, before we get all the looter stuff added in].

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@latenitedelight Malmo is a nice city. The winters are tough, but otherwise a very nice place. 🙂 Been there maybe a dozen times, but different industry (was doing a joint project with Satt Control).

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 139 posts

@yodaman3d First of all: there are separate damage numbers for every gun and skill that are completely different. so changing one would not affect the other.

And second, the builds we speak of are undeniably OP. the combination of high damage AND high armor(+sheild) is what makes them OP. so it's not that we don't wanna change tactics it's just that these builds aren't balanced.

But I guess that's what happens when you don't add a real tank role to the game. you end up with super-tanks.

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@latenitedelight LOL - thought about this again. Was in the DZ and every single player with "BR" in their user tag had SHD levels 20-200, a fraction of my armor and damage, yet downed me instantly from over 100 yards with an AR. Why? Because every shot was a perfect headshot. 100%. Even a deflector drone had zero impact.

This game is so far broken that your ideas of adding "1-shot" kills would make it unplayable. There's no chance they're going to fix it any time soon, so I think it's like putting lipstick on a pig - a swollen, dead, rotting pig carcass.

Maybe start something from scratch...

P.S. Shades of Div 1. I always wondered why hacking almost seems mandatry for Brazilian players...

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@metal_greg On the contrary, changing one does affect the others potentially. When Massive nerfs, they have the tendency to kill it so that no one uses what they nerf. Massive is not good at balancing, much like some players aren't willing to adjust strategies when something is OP or Cheezy.

Not to mention that after something is nerfed, how soon players move on to the next Meta or OP or Cheezy thing they can find.

Then consider why players request nerfs. They fell victim. Instead of adjusting or finding another way, they would rather scream nerf.

If we start to discuss balancing. It requires too much work for Massive. They are willing to severely destroy one thing then make all things competitive.

As I have pointed out, look at this thread at how many things players have mentioned needs nerfed. Not balanced, they want nerfs for a zone where anything goes.

When you look at Massive's history of nerfing, I mean balancing, I am curious how it would affect the rest of the game? Nevermind I already know, those complaining absolutely don't care. They want the game changed to meet desires and who cares about the rest of the playerbase.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@yodaman3d , luckily you and your ridiculous views don't represent the majority of the player base.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@dedloc I support you.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@dedloc What is ridiculous is how Players in TD series wants everything nerfed, instead of stepping up to the challenge. Difficulty nerfed. Weapons nerfed. Gear nerfed. Skills nerfed. With no regard on how it affects other players or the game itself. They refuse to change their strategy or their playstyle. They don't want balance.

PvP players have been claiming, they only play "the most challenging mode" in the game. Where players cheat to compete. They have thrived off of using the "cheesiest" weapons, gear, and skills. Yet want anything nerfed which doesn't fit their playstyle, regardless of how it affects the game, other players, or other modes.

It is also ridiculous how so many have not paid attention to the history of TD. At the end of TD run, there was only 3 builds viable for the DZ. Why? Everything else got nerfed. PvP players didn't want to die from a PvE players, didn't want to die from skills, didn't want to die from NPCs. So, it all got nerfed to appease the PvP players in the DZ.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d The entire state of pvp in division 2 was nerfed and simplified because of pve players. Why do you think there are turrets and 4 DZ's? I don't think any pvp player wanted that. Don't forget the real truth.

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) The entire state of pvp in division 2 was nerfed and simplified because of pve players. Why do you think there are turrets and 4 DZ's? I don't think any pvp player wanted that. Don't forget the real truth.

I guess this is kind of a satiric post, isn't it? Because there are tons of items that were nerfed into oblivion for PvE because of PvP – for example the EB. And the turrets are there to prevent PvP-gankers from spawn camping. Concerning the 3 (not 4) Dark Zones: I think that neither the PvP- nor the PvE-crowds does like this in comparison to the one huge DZ in TD1. The gankers because they have less players per DZ to bully and the PvE-players because you cannot anymore trigger one extraction for distraction while extracting from another zone.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@noxious81 ...

1. The EB was always a PVP weapon anyway.

2.The turrets don't stop anything....like at all. They definitely don't stop door camping. They were put there for PVE types whose builds are too weak to come out the door and for people too dense to just pick another spawn point.

3.The goal of the smaller DZs was always to create more confrontation. Therefore it makes it so that ALL rogue players can make it to EVERY extraction to "bully" as you say.

Another person with all the answers who has no idea whatsoever what actually happens in the DZ

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@yodaman3d you just keep repeating the same ignorant line of dialogue and never listen. At this point you've ceased to make any sense and are just repeating yourself.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

brb, got to get a new bag of popcorn....

LOL

Suggested Topics