ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PedMM
    20 posts

This game dont have different stats for PVP and PVE? Yes it has.
    So why people are throwing blame to each other? i don't know i thought this game had a adult audience but this looks more like a kindergarten fight. (is your fault. no It's yours. no you start is yours)

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@noxious81 It was done based off of pve players crying about how the DZ is, how pvp is. Div 2 was changed all from the cries of the pve community.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@pedmm It does have that yes, but the devs are bad at figuring out what is good for pve and good for pvp.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@txdieselkid This has to be the longest post for div 2. Imagine if the devs actuality listened.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 So turrets at CPs is stopping you from using the rest of the map for PvP? I'm not sure what your truth is, but it seems wrong that you are blaming PvE for you not travelling further into the DZ for PvP.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@dedloc The reason I keep repeating the facts over and over, because I have paid attention and listened to my fellow gamers over the years and have noticed that some have very short memories or simply don't pay attention to the history. My suggestions could help keep the game alive for all players, instead of a few that might be in the DZ.

• echolecter
    276 posts

Funny how PvE versus PvP discussions always turn into fights between the two camps. People that played this game long enough can't ignore post from @YodaMan3D because what he stated is exactly what it is. PvE players don't ask for nerfes and if you think that this game is ever going to be balanced, then dream on. All the stuff in this game is like a bag of apples, when you are allowed to pick 5 it will always to be the same ones that weight the most. Balancing is impossible given the infinite amount of possibilities, at best then can create some sort of leveled playing field. But after every change, like picking another bag of apples, only one combination turns out to be on top.

As for original discussion about skills, nobody likes to fight against automated (overpowered) skills, that isn't what Player versus Player is about. I haven't played in DZ (only TD1) because I think that PvP in this game is rather silly. And having this animation before you enter the zone is the silliest one of all, you're just a sitting duck but others can already see and hit you. For me it's the same stupidity like NPCs that become immune for some reason, it really doesn't make any sense in shooters.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d I bet you actually believe the things you say.

• AngryPandaNr1
    66 posts

@metal_greg

what about weapon builds? well the only thing I can think of is skill builds.

How about armor/shield builds? And I mean like D3fnc from Division 1, not those weak builds from Division 2.
    Shield builds in Division 2 get destroyed by one person, while D3fnc was a real TANK and could handle multiple people shooting at it.

Look at the Shrapnel trap for example, it directly combats the way weapon build players rush in at you, and they absolutely hate it because of that.

To be fair, shield builds also get destroyed by a shrapnel trap.
    It shouldn't be like that with any 6 blue core builds
    And if those builds have 6 explosive resistance on top of it, a bomb/trap shouldn't do anything at all. (Like hazard protection does)

skill builds force a more tactical and cover-based play-style.

It's more like hide and let your skills be the NPC's for you.

The meta weapon builds are the exact opposite, all they do is put up their shield and shoot.

Agreed, I think the Crusader shield should only be available at 5 or 6 Blue cores, so at least you can do a little damage.

Then they complain when skill builds put them down and claim skill builds are OP. when in reality, it's weapon builds that are OP.

* It's fair to say that, the turret and drone are OP in PvP.
    I don't understand that people deny this...
    They are heavy armored NPC's that don't miss.
    (And should actually not work in the DarkZone like someone else explained nicely months ago)
    * A sticky bomb, oxi chemlauncher, seeker mines (not cluster) should be OP with 6 skill tiers and 6 skill damages.
    * Fire sticky/chemlauncher should be OP with 6 skill tiers, 6 skill damages AND 6 status effects.
    * Blinder firefly, jammer pulse and EMP sticky should have long effects with 6 skill tiers only.
    But even longer with 6 status effects.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 Yes, I do believe it cause its true.

But let us try this a different way. You claim it's broken, must be nerfed. You claim there is no strategy. All I ask is place your personal bias on the shelf and answer the following questions. So in your opinion, what is the magic number that allows traps to be balanced within the DZ? What allows it to be viable to force players to reconsider running up to face tanking? What is the magic number that allows it to still be effective in every other aspect of the game?

If you have paid attention to the history the TD Series, you know that the Devs will use a blanket fix that goes all the way across the board which will affect other aspects of the game. So is you magic number acceptable for everything else or does it only fix your DZ problem?

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d blah blah blah, that is all I see when you type. You only believe what you think how it is and that is it. You have been given hard facts, videos and multiple people say the same as I have and you just cannot see past the blinders. You call things nerfs when they are just clearly broken and not working as they should. Tell me how many people use shrapnel traps in pve? They don't. Nothing you say anymore will hold any weight or have any meaning.

• desrocchi
    196 posts

The PvP vs PvE quarrel will never end.
    Yoda is right, the problem is that PvP and PvE are using the same mechanics and the same gear. PvP gear and skills should not be on the same table as PvE.

The idea of the devs is that you should be able to seamlessly switch between PvE and PvP, but it's just a dream they should finally acknowledge for what it is: a dream.
    Nobody goes in the DZ with a PvE build and nobody goes in the LZ with a PvP build. Just completely separate the gear or, better yet, create standardized loadouts for PvP so people will stop whining that one thing or the other should be removed from the game because they get killed by other players.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@yodaman3d no....actually, your suggestions are terrible. Utter garbage, but hey, feel free to keep showing everyone how ignorant you are on the topic. It's actually pretty funny 🙂

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@desrocchi No, they're NOT LOL

PVP and PVE are already separated by their stats rather heavily so I have no idea [censored] you're even talking about. ...There is no spec ammo in the DZ, the weapons have all been adjusted, armor values changed, the list goes on and on. Stop trying to act like they are the same. They aren't, and changes in the DZ don't mean anything to PVE players such as yourself and yoda.

• desrocchi
    196 posts
    PVP and PVE are already separated by their stats rather heavily

If you could stop your angsty teenager act for a moment you'd see that in all these years simple number tweaking has not been satisfactory for anyone, neither PvPers nor PvEers.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@desrocchi if you could stop your juvenile attempts at insulting people for a moment you'd see that you really have nothing to continue whining about.
    You and yoda clearly don't PVP and your theory, that changes to PVP will affect PVE are just that, theory.
    The fact is that all the PVE players will eventually go away from lack of content (if they haven't already). PVP players will be here long after you're gone. We deserve more attention, period. We'll be left with the results of your senseless hysteria.
    Grow up.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@echolecter What some PvP folks fail to realize, is that Massive built the DZ around counters, not balance. The whole point is to not have a do it all build. You suit up for what you think you'll fight, but then if you find you have a weakness against another player, you are supposed to have other builds to swap to, so you can counter against their weakness while protecting yourself from their strength.

Also, TD2 has smaller DZs because the PS4/XBOne couldn't handle a larger DZ with the upgraded graphics. This wasn't a design decision, but a compromise due to weakness on some platforms.

As for believing that PvE is the cause of Nerfs.. 🙄

• DEDloc
    157 posts

"If you have paid attention to the history the TD Series, you know that the Devs will use a blanket fix that goes all the way across the board which will affect other aspects of the game. So is you magic number acceptable for everything else or does it only fix your DZ problem?"

So much speculation. I'm glad we have someone like you around to tell us what the devs think and what they'll do. No need to ask them anymore, just ask yoda. He knows what the devs will do every time LOL
    So, tell us all about DIV3 now....since you know what the devs are thinking.

• desrocchi
    196 posts
    You and yoda clearly don't PVP and your theory, that changes to PVP will affect PVE are just that, theory.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@desrocchi I clearly know much more than you do about the DZ and PVP.

Also I am 100% correct in that you two have no idea what the devs might do. You can guess based on your observations but that is all and you and yoda have presented your theories as fact when the FACT is, you have no idea what the devs might do. You're assuming, and you know what they say about assuming.
    Your assumptions aren't facts. Recognize the difference.

Suggested Topics