ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• A Former User
    0 posts
    The PvP vs PvE quarrel will never end.
    Yoda is right, the problem is that PvP and PvE are using the same mechanics and the same gear. PvP gear and skills should not be on the same table as PvE.

The idea of the devs is that you should be able to seamlessly switch between PvE and PvP, but it's just a dream they should finally acknowledge for what it is: a dream.
    Nobody goes in the DZ with a PvE build and nobody goes in the LZ with a PvP build. Just completely separate the gear or, better yet, create standardized loadouts for PvP so people will stop whining that one thing or the other should be removed from the game because they get killed by other players.

"nobody goes in the LZ with a PvP build".

I do. So does all my clan.

"one thing or the other should be removed from the game"

Nobody wants anything removing from the game.

Yoda's logic is basically things can be way out of balance because counters exist. Yeah, no.

• desrocchi
    197 posts

Just because you do unoptimized things does not mean they are the norm. If you have fun with it good for you.

Yoda's logic is basically things can be way out of balance because counters exist. Yeah, no.

So you DO want things taken out.

Can you please stop being so blind to the fact that the reason why you don't like those things is because the way they work in the PvE part of the game affects the PvP part? The thing goes both ways: if it's adjusted for PvE it will affect PvP and viceversa.

That's why PvP needs to be separated from PvE: be it with completely separated gear/skills, or fixed loadouts. Just because you CAN go and do PvP with a PvE loadout does not mean that it makes anyone happy.
    You sound pretty unhappy.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@desrocchi nope means your little pic of ...pretty much nothing, is not proof of anything. It seems to have my stats mostly correct. https://tracker.gg/division-2/profile/uplay/DEDloc/overview: (https://tracker.gg/division-2/profile/uplay/DEDloc/overview) ..can't imagine why yours would be so inaccurate LOL 🤡

Oh let me guess, you're like that other guy who has two computers, two accounts, two homes, and plays totally differently from each LOLLOLOLOL
    Honestly... who cares. The fact is, you've proven my point multiple times with your own responses. You admit you won't be around, yet want to have something to say about it. You're that guy who farts in the elevator and then gets out laughing. You want to mess it up for others and walk away. The guy farting in the elevator, well, he may get a good laugh, but he doesn't have any friends. Ya know....because he's that guy..

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@desrocchi I've played with and against Dynamo. He may not remember me, but I remember him and he has forgotten more on this topic than most of us will ever know. He's correct. Just face it.

• desrocchi
    197 posts

@dedloc Ok, keep living in your fantasy world.

• DEDloc
    157 posts
    The thing goes both ways: if it's adjusted for PvE it will affect PvP and viceversa.

More speculation and prediction from someone with zero real knowledge of the future.

Learn the difference between opinion and fact, dude.

Also, he never said he wanted anything taken out. That is your interpretation, not what he said. Reading comprehension is a thing.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    Just because you do unoptimized things does not mean they are the norm. If you have fun with it good for you.

So you DO want things taken out.

Can you please stop being so blind to the fact that the reason why you don't like those things is because the way they work in the PvE part of the game affects the PvP part? The thing goes both ways: if it's adjusted for PvE it will affect PvP and viceversa.

That's why PvP needs to be separated from PvE: be it with completely separated gear/skills, or fixed loadouts. Just because you CAN go and do PvP with a PvE loadout does not mean that it makes anyone happy.
    You sound pretty unhappy.

Ah, assumptions.

Explain to me how my PvP builds are "unoptimized" for PvE without even knowing anything about them. Go ahead. 100% of my PvE playtime with so called PvE players and their PvE builds is me doing x10 times the damage and killing x10 times more NPC's than they do with their PvE builds. Seems pretty optimised to me. These PvP builds can solo Legendary. TF you talking about?

"So you DO want things taken out."

Where did I say I wanted anything taken out in this sentence - "Yoda's logic is basically things can be way out of balance because counters exist. Yeah, no".
    There's an obvious difference between wanting something removed and wanting something adjusted. No?

"You sound pretty unhappy."

Explain how you have interpreted anything I have said into I sound unhappy?

• desrocchi
    197 posts

No reason to keep trying having a conversation with people who think I'm lying even about something as trivial as my level even after I posted proof.

Hopefully you're just teenagers.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    No reason to keep trying having a conversation with people who think I'm lying even about something as trivial as my level even after I posted proof.

Hopefully you're just teenagers.

Yeah, peace out with yet more assumptions and a low key insult instead of a coherent answer. I would never have expected that.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

Considering that we have players unwilling to change their playstyle, their builds, their strategies, or be willing to use counters in a game mode where "anything goes", what has to happen say for Traps to be viable in the PvP to the point one thinks twice before just rushing in to face tank? Let alone everything else mentioned in this thread that players want nerfed?

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@yodaman3d Considering you lack the ability to undertsand what a nerf is vs what is broken. Absolute comedy at this point.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@yodaman3d still struggling to steer the narrative with his ridiculous predictions and hysterical projections. Pretty pathetic really.

• echolecter
    277 posts
    This isn't true whatsoever. For starters to say "PvE players don't ask for nerfs" is a complete lie. I can and will if necessary, pull up countless posts to prove its a lie.

Now this made me curious. Actually would like to see a thread in which a so called PvE player is asking for changes to tone down their skills, or damage output against NPCs. And I'm not talking about players that prefer doing PvE and occasionally do PvP because then they aren't PvE players anymore. It would also be contradictory to the fact that everyone likes the Golden Bullet event so much. The only thread I do recall are those that ask for NPC nerfs in legendary missions because players don't have the correct gear for it, yet.

If the game would have become more balanced over time with all the updates already made I can't see why some people are still requesting for changes. Like I mentioned many times, the ones that think this game is ever going to be balanced surely also believe in fairy tales. It just won't happen ... and with upcoming content they throw even more stuff into the mix.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@echolecter

You don't remember the countless threads not only in the division 2, but also division 1 asking for seekers to be nerfed by PvE players? What about the M1A multiple nerfs? What about the Scorpio shotgun cheese? Never seen any of these threads? Do I really have to go digging? Seriously?

Some players want easy mode, others want the game more challenging. Sure the games still unbalanced but its much closer to an acceptable balance due to updates. And, these updates, without a shadow of a doubt, have brought more diversity to the game over the months. That fact simply cannot be ignored.

I'm pretty confident most of the people arguing against the explosive trap fix, which the developers themselves acknowledged, don't PvP and don't even use them in PvE either.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@d-y-n-4-m-o find them and post them, because all of them were posts appreciating the power, and some random sweats saying it made the game too easy or grouping with randoms annoying because that's all the randoms used.

And then show proof of the nerf because of the asks, and not wholesale balance changes Massive was implementing [Seekers were a Gear 2.0 balance change, Classic was a 10.1 change to make other Rifles viable].

You won't, because they don't exist. Yet I can easily point to TP. Or the removal of First Blood. And now the tears about an easily mitigated trap [move to a Range build, use a Jammer/EMP, Flank].

I roll through the DZ, and thanks to this thread, I now carry traps to cover my six or drop on the rope. It's great, and the PvP sweats are too whiny to just use the myriads of counters. I hope they keep it as is, but I've already posted how I think Skills should be balanced, as well as DZ changes that should happen. But they don't hold the delicate hands of the thin skinned gankers, so they just cry instead.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@d-y-n-4-m-o all skills should do the same damage, regardless of tier, absolutely!

Skill tiers should simply increase their Radius/numbers or Accuracy/ROF, duration, and durability, while reducing their cool down.

A gun on a drone shouldn't magically do more damage, just like a trap shouldn't magically have more explosive compounds.

Tier Zero should have three traps, that cover a hallway and last 15s. Tier Six would boost that to 18 traps, with quadruple the area and have them last 60s, while immune to <Tier One EMP/Jammer.

I've laid this out on a page a while ago in more detail.

• DEDloc
    157 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • echolecter
    277 posts
    3 minute search results that prove you wrong....

Congratulations you found a few ... nearly lost count. The infamous weapons added to the game that really do some decent damage for those that don't like bullet sponges, like myself. That said I never used them before all the fuss and players don't have to either. Plenty of alternatives for all weapon types, but when using them you can get through activities (repeating same) faster if you choose to. Also not sure posters actually want those weapons changed but rather want other players to match their play or build style and not use them anymore. For those that say it makes the game to easy, just equip purple stuff, or join new players and pick up some grey pieces. They have all the tools to make it as hard as they like, but they don't. Instead they ask for changes that effects everyone, also the players that just like to have fun, on any difficulty.

Unlike in PvP if you don't like how other people play in the game just find another group, or go solo. I always found it very funny running after someone that decided to create very efficient seeker build (and only that) for clearing sections in a mission. But you also don't see them a lot so why should you complain about it. If they would use them in PvP it's a different story, especially when overpowered compared to the rest. And that is what this thread was about, but any changes made will have an effect on PvE as well.

The problem with skills (and weapons) is that the basic damage output is the same for everyone. Deciding what kind of build to use determines the outcome of how well they perform and get boosted. Now we have a problem, there are so many possible combinations of sets, talents, and mods that it makes balancing simply impossible. What PvP players (not all) are asking for is changes in many aspects of builds, which in turn also has an effect on PvE. There is no way around that ...

• A Former User
    0 posts

@echolecter

"Congratulations you found a few ... nearly lost count." - A deeper search would find more. I've seen countless posts about balance changes from PvE players and on the flip side, I've seen balance changes to PvE in each and every title update that no PvP player asked for. These changes are made by the data the developers collect.

"Plenty of alternatives for all weapon types" - Are you just going to ignore why this is? See above.

Suggested Topics