Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    330 posts

@richardoshea No, they weren't running artificer because they also had a Stinger hive, which (like Firestarter) would kill you from full armor and health with just the first stinger charge. If this is legit and skills really have that kind of power I may reconsider what I take into the DZ, as I have several full-on load outs with max skill damage and status effects. They are unbeatable in the LZ, but (like I said as the start) I never considered skill builds teneble in the DZ.

Maybe my thinking is left over and outdated from Div 1?

P.S. Yeah, I know you can get over 2M because I have a build like that. Only issue is it's tanky as hell but all your guns are reduced to pea shooters. This seemed a decent compromise, and I even use skills and talents to further buff my firepower.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sock_monkey That's the rub though isn't it. If a player wants to run around the DZ in a 6/13 all red with glass cannon then they really shouldn't complain when they disappear in a puff of smoke. Similarly if they're running around in 1.1m, 30% hp, no HE res expect a high tier skill to have something to say about that build. And on and on. I don't have issues with stingers in certain builds either, but they can indeed cause real problems for some of my builds but that's on me though isn't it. It's not the other player's fault that I ran what I ran or did not run what I ought to have. It's not skills' fault that a player doesn't try to mitigate them.

A lot of that remnant thinking around imho

• RichardOshea
    167 posts
    For the latter I found the best thing to peeve them is to respawn on the other side of the DZ, taunt them incessantly, then when they get angry say "come and find me!" Then I step back into the CP and FT to another DZ altogether. 🙂

I was in there last night just running around farming credits -- just looking at DZ vendor costs shows that we're being artificially detained in there simply to be targets to be shot in the back whilst clearing (twice last night). Anyway, what I do in the scenario where I'm being ganged up on is start running from landmark to landmark aggroing them as I go (I might put up a fight for a minute or two then cut) and calling extractions at every site but not extracting. I'll stay for the ambushed sites and aggro them too and then cut. I carrying on doing that until they leave or I've exhausted the same amount of time they made me waste or I extract.

• Sock_Monkey
    330 posts

@richardoshea I applaud your effort, but it's too bothersome for me most of the time. The XP and optimization mats indeed can be farmed 10x faster in the DZ. And it's also true there are some unique pieces you can only get in the DZ. But beyond that, I don't see any improvement in loot quality in the DZ vs. the LZ. Even random cases laying around tend to almost always offer up purple loot.

Point being I almost never pick anything up, so if they gang up and kill me once it's no loss. I followed a team around last night and cleared several landmarks, racking up incredible mats and XP in a very short time. I could tell from the voices they were a bunch of dorks bullied in their younger years so knew it was only a matter of time before they turned on me - and sure enough they did, 4v1, then emoted all over the place. No biggie. Up until that point we cleared 5 landmarks in like 7 minutes, so it was a minuscule price to pay for the mats I was awarded (which is all I really wanted). I also picked up nothing, so when they killed me all all I dropped was the rewarded gear, which was all garbage anyway.

On the extremely rare occasion something drops that I want to extract, yeah, I'll take a different track, usually waiting till someone calls an extraction, then running up and adding my loot the last 15 seconds before the chopper leaves. That's the exception, though.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@sock_monkey

What kind of mats are we talking about though?
    The only ones that are in short supplies for me are the very specific optimization mats (also very expensive to craft)

• Sock_Monkey
    330 posts

@adrian-11 Every landmark cleared awards tactical assessments (I think that's the one - not sure I am remembering correctly). Plus of course the speed at which you gain XP levels your SHD up faster, which in return you can exchange for any optimization mats you want.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sock_monkey Not efficient solo though, Go in with a group if that's your intention for the session. Obtaining DZ resources solo is bordering on pointless right now due to the vendor costs and the stingy deconstruction awards. Solo you might get one or two items from a Challenging and maybe 4 from a Heroic, but anything remotely decent is going to cost you over 150 dz resources which pretty much translates to 150+ items deconstructed.

• Sock_Monkey
    330 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sock_Monkey
    330 posts

@richardoshea

Not efficient solo though, Go in with a group if that's your intention for the session.

Of course. I have absolutely zero disagreement with that. It's way, way faster with a group, and I even made a thread in the old forum about how quick you can rack mats with a 4-man team, which lead to a lot of friend requests, but admittedly I have not yet followed up on it to arrange anything.

I've said many times that is the best way, but because I am an executive by day, plus husband and father, I don't have nearly the time to play extended periods and am often on and off for 10-15 minutes at a time throughout the day.

So yeah, we are in perfect agreement, but my life situation makes that route much more difficult than you think. 🙂

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@sock_monkey My bad I wasn't replying to you in particular just a general remark, I guess I wasn't concentrating at the time. Sorry about that.

• I've deleted a post in this thread as it's been altered and no longer represents what I wished to communicate and instead represents what another wishes to be communicated.
  • RichardOshea
    167 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I'd prefer to DM you about this but I can't seem to see how. You need to come back in this thread and apply your moderation consistently as you seem to be perfectly OK with users accusing me of lying, calling me thick, using my stats page to attempt to shame me and generally being openly hostile toward me, yet me calling one a princess is seemingly beyond the pale for you.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@richardoshea

I have learned over the past year, you are allowed to have an opinion. Most just won't accept it unless it's their opinion coming out of your mouth. 😉 Have a laugh and carry on! Cheers Mate!

• ModalThread611
    124 posts

@richardoshea I made the all blue core hardwired, unbreakable and bulwark trap tossing build. I am a glorified tank and can kill any build easily. I can 1 v 6 with ease. Zero skill needed. I can run into a hail of gun fire and toss traps and boom they are all gone. Even if they kill my super tanky shield guess what. I have unbreakable and can still push toss traps and runaway easily. It is absolutely broken. They deal way too much damage when tossed. Even on the ground they can deal 500k damage to a player. I have all blue cores. There is nothing you can say to justify this build. It has to change. Yet here we are and the devs have all but abandoned the game at this point . They could have easily done some pvp balancing. They have chose not to do anything. Now Running butcher and calaxanas making videos teaching people how to do glitches. What do the devs do? Nothing.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 Been awhile since I read this thread. So if you got yourself some Blue Core Super SB, wasn't that what you said everyone else was using? Now if what you said is true, that means every DZ has 12 people standing around and not killing each other. You're all invincible. Interesting.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    65 posts

I personally have never had an issue with skill builds. Never understood why people complain about them either. My biggest complaint are shilds with In-sync. Players can deploy- and consistently deploy their shield without any cool-down or consequence. Every skill in the game has a cool-down after being deployed. Same should apply to shields.

• Metal_Greg
    Original poster 89 posts

@raciaiadhesive yup, and if they're using a decoy you cant even tell if they're rogue till its too late.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@modalthread611 I don't need to say a thing to undermine every word you have written. I already posted video evidence demonstrating that not only is it possible to counter shrapnel traps but that it's rather easy, requires only a modicum of skill and that it is possible to survive them even when all mitigation fails. Keep telling me up is down though.

• ModalThread611
    124 posts

@richardoshea So the fact that you can have 80% explosive resistance and if the traps are tossed on you and you die means nothing. You cannot counter the toss, even with the jammer. So proof of an all blue build that can wipe a team means that traps are fine.

• ModalThread611
    124 posts

@yodaman3d Go make an all blue core hardwired build with traps go see how broken it is. Make it with unbreakable.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@modalthread611 If I would do this, then I would be doing exactly what you say everyone is doing. Which in my experiences in the DZ, I haven't seen this.

Then again, I have a hard time believing a player is complaining about having a build that is a guaranteed win.

So here we are, you saying "everyone" is using it. Neither have I witnessed it nor am I using it. In your instance, if you know "everyone" is using it. Instead of crying for nerf, why not figure out how to beat it or avoid it?

Suggested Topics