Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2792 posts

@sirbooteyface I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. As I previously mentioned in this thread the issue is being investigated by the development team.

I am unable to provide any further information and cannot confirm if this issue will be addressed in the next patch update, I would recommend that you continue playing the game as it may not be addressed for sometime.

Official Response
  • ReRevelations72
    8 posts

Having this bug too with version 1.2.2.1 on PS4.

• StealthyTulip
    4 posts

Same for me on Series X. Grabbed the bow but never showed in inventory.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4569 posts

Hello there @ReRevelations72 & @StealthyTulip!

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to collect the Arc of Elan. The development team are aware of this issue, and they're currently investigating further. I've shared your reports with them as part of the ongoing investigation. As soon as we have any updates to share with you all regarding the Arc of Elan, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

Just happened to me now as well, thought I would be okay since my friend sent me a video of her able to get it patch 1.2.2.1 literally a couple days before I couldn’t as been described by posts above. Don’t know what else could’ve been significantly different between hers and mine other than the mastery challenges again being a possible culprit (I started and she hasn’t) or just a random player bug. Thanks to the devs and support team for the help on this.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Thank you for sharing your report of this issue here in the thread, @hidden1ne! I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to collect the Arc of Elan bow.

Can you clarify for us whether you fast-travelled away from the location before picking the bow up, or did anything else before picking it up, such as any world events, other missions or challenges?

Can you also please let me know whether you have tried reloading a previous save from before the bow was made available and, when prompted, trying again to collect the bow when it becomes available? Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

Hey @ubi-woofer,

I didn’t really do anything else like that before getting the bow, I knew about this situation so as soon as I reported Essexe to Randvi, I went to open the letter and try the bow and no success.

I made a manual save before doing so, and I kept reloading that trying to get the bow, doing something else then trying the bow, all the same instance of Eivor swiping for it, an autosave occurring, yet no bow pop up and nothing in the inventory.

For now I just went back to the save and am continuing on without touching the bow until it’s fixed 👍

• HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

@ubi-woofer

Update to your question, I moved on and played a little bit more, just some world events, some drinking and orlog, and some traveling around the map a bit, I tried the bow again to still no avail, I believe same as mentioned by others. Thanks for your help!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @HIDDEN1NE!

Thanks for providing some more information about your actions before and after you tried to collect the Arc of Elan. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to collect this bow. I've shared your report with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation at this time. As soon as we have any new information to share regarding the Arc of Elan, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • xRydellx
    6 posts

I have also encountered this same problem tonight. I did not know there was a letter after completing Essexe and went on to do Lincolnscire. After returning, I found the letter and the bow next to it.

I read the letter and had Eivor pick up the bow and while he made the grabbing action, it never appeared in my inventory. I tried reloading before reading the letter and tried again with the same result. I then looked online for an answer and found it to be a suspected bug. My understanding is if I reload before and don't read the letter, the bow should hopefully still be there for after the bug is fixed.

I'm playing on the ps5 version that comes from purchasing the ps4 physical copy. I took some video on my phone, but am not sure how to get it to you as I do not generally upload videos.

Please let me know if you need more information.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @xRydellx! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for letting us know more about the edition of the game you play. I've passed your report along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If you'd like to share a video with us as well, I would recommend uploading the footage to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) first. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks!😊

Official Response
  • SILENCER-K_D_S
    2 posts

@sinisterchill88 exactly the same issue. Wish they would focus on a actual result instead of pretending to have passes this on to the team. It's worse than cyberpunk

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @SILENCER-K_D_S! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to collect the Arc of Elan. I would like to assure you that we are passing all the reports that are shared with us to the development team to assist in the ongoing investigation. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation. Once we have any new information from the development team regarding the missing Arc of Elan bow, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • xRydellx
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi again,

Thanks for the advice on uploading the video. You should find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19b5p68L_3NNv0Sf6jkkg-oqcvhebyUpO/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope we see a resolution soon. ☺

• HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

I’m wondering the same since I noticed update 1.3.0 hit the playstation database and the twitter account mentioned 1h swords next week, will we hopefully see a fix for this bow in next weeks patch as well? Thanks 🙏🏼

• TheSolofox357
    2 posts

Received a letter from Birstan with a bow, interacted with it but it's not added to inventory?

• HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

@ubi-borealis

I just checked to see what bow they gave on the wenlocan mastery challenge outpost (the first one) and it is indeed the Arc of Elan. Was the dev team able to maybe see if this was indeed the cause? Again my friend was able to get hers and she hasn’t started these, and seeing as they bugged other things would this be possible?

• Shangrial
    3 posts

Hello,
    several of us on Reddit have been having an issue with Birstan’s now (Arc of Elan) not appearing in inventory after you read his letter. This appears to be a new issue within the last 30 days or so.

Saving and reloading doesn’t appear to fix the issue at all. To date I can’t find anyway to get the bow.

I am playing on PS5, with all DLC.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello Shangrial. Thanks for reaching out on behalf of everyone on Reddit! Do you recall if this seemed to begin after the last update, or after the DLC was released? I'd like to pinpoint a time that this really began. Since you've tried restarting, let's try these steps next to see if that bow will appear for you. If it still doesn't, would you grab a screenshot or a short video clip of this for me?

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    130 posts

Hi all,

I believe it’s this problem we have here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100169/unable-to-collect-arc-of-elan-bow-post-here

Currently there’s not much to do to fix it and my running theory is doing the mastery challenges being the problem (first outpost uses this bow, maybe removes it for us?), but also waiting to hear back if there’s been any update for now!

Suggested Topics