ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RJEB94
    31 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hey there. That does not fix the issue. I have made a report about it on twitter and Ubisoft on there told me this is an ongoing issue you guys are already investigating. I guess the bow in mention is actually called "Arc of Elan" bow and apparently everyone is having the issue of not being able to claim it. So I am sure there is a mega thread somewhere you can merge this with

• RJEB94
    31 posts

@ubi-thrupney if you still need video evidence though here is the link of the video clip i made and sent to Ubisoft on Twitter:

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have requested for a local PS4 save file to assist with the investigation into being unable to collect the "Arc of Elan" bow. If you play the game on PS4 and have been unable to collect the bow, please can you open a support ticket and submit your affected saves for further investigation. Once you've opened up a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure your save file is forwarded to the developers.

@SinisterChill88, @AydenDane, @ReRevelations72, @SILENCER-K_D_S - I've tagged you as you all play on PS4. If you could take the time to submit your save files, this will be helpful for the team as they continue the investigation into this issue.

@RJEB94 - I've merged your thread into our ongoing Megathread about being unable to collect the Arc of Elan. Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us! I've passed your report along to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@ubi-borealis

I’m confused now, I thought you said the team had found a fix and were deploying it next update? Why the ps4 save?

Hello there!

I'm happy to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into being unable to collect the Arc of Elan. The development team have shared that they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. Rest assured that as soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

Thanks! 😊

As you can see above, you stated it was all good, before the other Ubi member confused the thread with a troubleshooting solution. Now if you need more info since it’s not fixed cool, but if there’s a confusion I want to clear it up since I’ve been thinking we were good here, not another “make a save….”

So can you confirm was there actually a fix or is it still “under investigation?”

• Ubi-Borealis

I wouldn't be able to speculate on why the development team have requested a local PS4 save at this time, @HIDDEN1NE. It's possible that they might want to test the fix on a local save to ensure that it's working as intended, or they may have found another potential cause they'd like to rule out before any fixes go live. They have just requested for some local PS4 saves from affected players, which is why we've suddenly asked for these within this thread. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

Until a fix is formally released via a Title Update or hot fix, the issue is still considered to be "under investigation." The development team had confirmed with us before that they would be deploying a fix for the Arc of Elan in a future update at the time that post was made, but it's possible that something has changed between then and now.

I'm aware that you personally play on Xbox, so you won't be able to submit a local PS4 save for investigation.

If anyone who has been affected by this issues plays the game on PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your affected saves for further investigation. Once you've opened up a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure your save file is forwarded to the developers.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Rignarok2020
    1 posts

Hi this bug happened to me finished essex arc got letter saw bow picked bow up but didn't go into my inventory ??

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @rignarok2020,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

This issue is currently being investigated by the development team and as soon as we have a resolution, we will let everyone know through the patch notes. Can you please submit your save files as requested by @Ubi-Borealis in order to speed up the investigation? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • DargonisDufaux
    2 posts

Having this issue as well on ps5 with latest patch as of 8/26/21

• maxiusagi
    9 posts

I got this problem too on my playstation 5. As soon as I read the letter and take the bow, the item pop-up didn't appear and it's not in my inventory (I'm on the latest version of the game)
    Hope it will be solved soon

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @maxiusagi and @DargonisDufaux

Thank you for your updates on this thread.

I can see that this issue is still being investigated. Once we have an update from the development team, we will let everyone know through these forums.

Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • skywalker550
    3 posts

Same here on PS5, I can interact with the bow after reading the letter, but nothing in my inventory, hope this get fixed soon.
    Can I continue the game without reading this letter?

• sinace_ss
    3 posts

Hello , I saw someone get the Bow after start a new save. So I think the updating and old save cause this bug

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @skywalker550 & @sinace_ss!

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to collect the Arc of Elan. The development team are investigating this issue further. They had informed us that it would be fixed in a future update, though it looks like they have decided to reopened the investigation following some new reports. Once we have any new information to share regarding a fix, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

You should be able to continue the game without reading the letter, as the letter only includes the Arc of Elan bow, @skywalker550. It doesn't contain any information or trigger required to continue through the story.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@ubi-borealis

Will the fix for this perhaps be in tomorrow’s patch or did it not make it?

• Imferael
    29 posts

@hidden1ne Just read "most notable Title Update 1.3.1 changes" from Ubisoft Connect news page - did not see this fix in the lists. Really sad.

• HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@imferael

Yeah I know, I saw it wasn’t mentioned but usually there’s a handful of unmentioned fixes/changes so I was seeing if they could confirm it one way or another here.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi there everyone.

Apologies on any disappointment caused due to this issue not being included in the patch notes. Once the update is live, any players still experiencing this issue are encouraged to post in this thread.

Thank you all for issuing your reports so far!

Official Response
  • skywalker550
    3 posts

@ubi-nacho Just installed the 1.3.1 patch and still not able to get the bow.😢

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2717 posts

Hey @skywalker550

We're aware this issue is still present and will keep players updated whenever we can share news on this.

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@ubi-froggard

Then might I suggest that the mastery challenges and that update be the cause of all this? It’s the same update when this all started happening and the first challenge you have to do makes you use that bow, even if your eivor doesn’t have it. This is wherein the problem lies, as to me it’s as if players who didn’t do essexe yet and therefore didn’t get the bow yet, but do the mastery challenges first, will glitch the letter for themselves and cause this whole problem of the bow just not appearing after the grab for it. I know people say new games you can get the bow, but go back before a mastery challenge save and I would guarantee you could get the bow no problem. I highly suggest the dev team look into this scenario as it’s been months and two patches now with no progress or fix and Id bet helix credits on this that this could be why.

Suggested Topics