Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ArcherIXI
    Original poster 8 posts

I reported this in the old forums and want to make sure that it is carried over to this new forum as it is still an issue.

On the Xbox Series X version of the game, the fire-rate limit for the ravenous is very inconsistent causing issues in quickly hitting consecutive shots.

this is very very apparent when switching from the last gen to current gen versions of the game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @ArcherIXI,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the delayed reply.

Are you able to demonstrate this occurrence with a short video by any chance, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • ArcherIXI
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mark I don't have my original Xbox One any more to record and show the difference.

It is however VERY easy to replicate on actual hardware.

If you are on the Xbox One / Xbox One S / Xbox One X and try to shoot the ravenous at a high rate of fire with a controller, it is smooth and reacts normally as any other semi-auto rifle. Very intuative.

If you are on the new Xbox Series S / Xbox Series X and try to shoot the ravenous at a high rate of fire with a controller and don't hit the timing absolutely perfectly (which is actually slower than on the XB1 platforms), it stutters and the fire rate drops even more.

This makes it nearly impossible to use effectively compared to other options.

If you need to see it for yourselves, try and build the stacks as fast as possible in both builds of the game on the actual hardware. it will be immediately obvious what I'm talking about. Everyone I've talked to that has switched to Series S/X has this issue.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 475 posts

Thank you for providing all of these details @archerixi! If you could please provide a clip showing the issue occurring with your Xbox Series X, that would help as well.

Official Response
  • ArcherIXI
    Original poster 8 posts
  • TxDieselKid
    152 posts

@archerixi Yup, same exact thing here with it.

• Noxious81
    371 posts

+1 here. This originally occurred for me when upgrading to the "Next Gen" version of TD2.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 536 posts

@ArcherIXI Thank you so much for that clip! I'll get this clip forwarded to the team currently investigating this issue with the fire rate!

For everyone, this issue is under investigation! I recommend keeping an eye out on our News & Announcements page for updates. Any video clips would be much appreciated as well.

Official Response

Suggested Topics