Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RJEB94
    Original poster 28 posts

On Xbox One S

In Fornburg there is a hunter that gives you the quest to hunt for 3 reindeer antlers. The quest used to be fixed with her giving me the note in my inventory and being able to read it just fine. Now after the most recent update this quest has broke again.

The quest can still be obtained and turned in to be completed but you get an invisible note in your inventory. You talk to to the hunter and after tge dialogue you see "mild hunt" obtained in your inventory. But when you go into your inventory there is no note. Even with this issue, talking to the hunter again will turn in the quest normally.

The fact that there is no note when there should be drives players like me with OCD insane when we can not read the note.

After spending the last 3 hours, reloading saves and doing extensive research, and redoing this quest multiple times I have found out this information:

The quest note appears in your inventory when you first talk to the hunter during the quest "Family Matters" but only if you talk to her when you first enter Fornburg because it seems if you DO NOT talk to the hunter and leave the boundaries of Fornburg for whatever reason the quest then breaks and the note will never appear in your inventory.

The note seems to only appear in your inventory if you talk to the hunter while she is standing up. I have talked to the hunter while she is sitting and skinning a chicken and the note never showed up and i have talked to her while she is sharpening her blade and the note never showed up. It only shows up in your inventory if you talk to her when she is standing which seems to only be in the evenings.

When you talk to her tge very first time, the note will show up in your inventory. But leaving fornburg and to gather the 3 antlers and bringing them back seem to break the quest as well. As soon as you have the note in your inventory and the player gathers tge 3 antlers and brings them back the hunter will give the exact same dialogue which in turn will delete the note from your inventory causing you to have to interact with the hunter a second time just to complete the quest.

This is not a major issue as technically speaking the quest can be completed as normal but it is still annoying to have a broken note that should be in our inventory but is not.

This quest seemed to have been fixed before the most recent update but after the most recent update something seemed to have broken this quest again.

Hopefully you can find a fix for this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RJEB94
    Original poster 28 posts

@rjeb94 UPDATE: After doing more research, I have found out that if the player has the "Mild Hunt" note in their inventory it will sometimes disappear upon looting the 3rd antler from a reindeer.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@rjeb94 Thanks for reporting this.

Could you please provide some videos as examples and I will forward those on along with the information provided to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • RJEB94
    Original poster 28 posts

@ubi-keo I will try to yes. But I will need to do it on a separate new save file. I did not know you guys responded to this so I am now 80+ hours into the game. So will need to make a new save to show this issue.

• RJEB94
    Original poster 28 posts
    @rjeb94 Thanks for reporting this.

Could you please provide some videos as examples and I will forward those on along with the information provided to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

I will have to make a new save file. Did not know anyone responded to this post so now I am 80+ hours into the game. Will see what I can do as soon as I can.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@rjeb94 Ok thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics