ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OnTheLinks
    Original poster 5 posts

The new forum format wastes an enormous amount of visual space.
    Each topic subject takes up 5x the necessary space.
    A quick glance gives one ~20% of the topics that could be seen in the old format.
    Could someone give a GOOD reason how this may be better?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RedSaberSam
    29 posts

@onthelinks You could try changing the look of the forums by changing it to List view.

This is on pc, on the top right of your screen you'll see three dots ( options menu thingy ), click that. Now you'll see an option for List View, click that. See if that helps.

• Noxious81
    901 posts

I can reeeeeeally recommend toggling on List View. It's way closer to what we got accustomed to.

• moesuvious
    22 posts

even in list view, this is pretty bad. How this was ever presented to a team and got the go ahead is beyond me. Could it be worse, sure, it can always be worse but it isnt even close to being better and wouldnt that of been the goal?

• N3mB0t
    904 posts
    I can reeeeeeally recommend toggling on List View. It's way closer to what we got accustomed to.

yes this, also dark mode helps a lot for me.

• Oatiecrumble
    605 posts

One thing i hate for sure is the refresh when i open up the site, there is atleast 3 of them, i open up the site and 3-5 seconds later it refreshes...does this about 3 times before it settles, maybe it's my adblock plus which shows 160 blocks and rising 😵

• POP_King_Delica
    18 posts

@redsabersam ... list is view is bugged. I have to refresh every page manually to get it to work.

• tcarlisle2012
    182 posts

Yes, list view mode is really a necessity. I get what they were trying to do, but a card view for something like forum posts is not really a good fit.

I can confirm I do not have any problems with the page refreshing 3 times, or having to manually refresh the page. I am on chrome browser.

You might want to open developer tools and look at the console log to see if t indicates why it is having these issues.

And in any event, if the site is not working as you expect you should file a bug report. It is a beta service after all. As is always the case, the more technical info you can provide the better -- like errors from the console log, etc.

• moesuvious
    22 posts

@tcarlisle2012 totally get what you are saying, but should forums in 2021 need a beta? Shouldnt a forum be relatively easy to make appeasing to the users at this point. I could understand if they were trying to do something new here but they arent, its like every other browser except its subpar compared to most every other one i use much less the one it is replacing. I digress though, its just a forum for a game that hasnt been updated in over a year so i guess it really doesnt matter as long as they get it worked out before they release anything new and there is actually something to talk about other than the rehashed problems of yesteryear.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

yes this, also dark mode helps a lot for me.

I love the dark mode! It was one of the last sites/apps I frequently use to apply dark mode, so I'm happy it's finally here.

As for the test of the forum issues, I agree list mode looks better and especially the mobile site has some work to do still, but overall I think I can get used to it pretty quick.

• N3mB0t
    904 posts

another thing i noticed is that the view list thing doesnt stick all the time , when i F5 a page it goes away although its still set as being on in the personal settings.

Suggested Topics