Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• caosck
    Original poster 501 posts

Last night I added a Hardisk to my pc, and then I moved Valhalla to another partition

after verifying the files  from ubisoft connect, he asked me to download another 10GB!
    now the game folder occupies 100 GB

it's normal? XD 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1878 posts

@caosck I have looked into this and the total file size should be 88GB.

Can you check the folder 'Uplay_download' to see if there are any files in there. If this is empty then I can only recommend trying to uninstall then reinstall the game. If you decide to do this then please make sure you make a manual backup of your saves.

If the file size is still 100GB after reinstalling the game then please contact support on one of the following support channels and they will look into this further for you:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Support Ticket

Official Response
  • caosck

@ubi-keo
    my Valhalla game folder takes up 100GB
    when it was about 88, it insisted on me to download this additional 10GB or so, preventing me from starting the game if I don't download it.! (considering I have a very slow connection, now re-download all over again, it seems excessive to me)

I can inform, that by checking the date of the files:
    files have been added or changed here:

Assassin's Creed Valhalla \ sounddata \ PC
    sounds_spa.pck
    sounds_spa_music.pck
    ... (rus) ....
    ... (bra) ...
    ... (eng) ...
    ... (fre) ...
    ... (eng) ...
    ... (jap) ...

etc etc 

I add another small note:

for some time, if I use the ship, the songs dont start! (just the stories!)

(I hope you don't need a video) 

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Thanks for providing us with some more information about this additional data download, @caosck.

As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Keo, I'd recommend opening up a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system and why an extra 10GB may be trying to install itself. You can use the links provided by @Ubi-Keo to open up a ticket.

Regarding the missing songs, I'd recommend checking out the Audio section of our Megathread list to see if any of our ongoing threads match the issue you're experiencing in-game. If you don't think any of the ongoing threads covers the missing songs, please can you open up a new thread about this issue? This will allow us to investigate the issue without going off-topic within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • caosck

@ubi-borealis

as you advised, I opened a ticket

but if you allow me a consideration:
    the new downloaded files can be easily identified by sorting the files by date:

the ones I mentioned, concern AUDIO files in languages other than the one I installed (Italian)

Reading the names of the files, it comes naturally to me to think, that I have been forced to download other languages that I don't need? XD 

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

I would be unable to speculate on what the additional data is, @caosck. If you have opened up a support ticket, a member of the team will be able to take a closer look at your system files and what additional data the game could be trying to install is. I'd recommend including what you've found out so far in your own investigation in your cases notes, as this could be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • skizzosjt
    1 posts

this is happening to me also. several times now. I have no idea [censored] is triggering it either. I have only played about 15 hours despite having the game for months because I am soooooo sick and tired of having to verify the games files for it to download another 10GB or more even. The last at least 3 times, maybe 4 times it was 10GB, prior to those events it was more but that could have been a legit update for all I know. I am at 107 GB!!!! for the game folder size as of writing this post! Tell me some good news that this issue has since been resolved and you devs have some solution to share with me? I'll make a ticket in the meantime but would appreciate a direct response here. Thanks!

• caosck

in my pc
    Valhalla size is: 119 GB XD

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 479 posts

@skizzosjt
    @caosck

Hey there folks.

As advised in an earlier message your system files will hopefully shed some light on what exactly is causing this to happen. Please if you haven't already done so create a support ticket and a member of the team will take a look and if required we can then submit those to the dev team for further investigation.

Official Response
  • caosck

@ubi-orion

I had done it!
    they replied that if ubi connect asked me to download new files, it was normal.
    that was fast! 

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 424 posts

@caosck I'm glad to hear that you have an answer! Thanks for letting us know what was said as well. Please let me know if you encounter further issues with this after speaking with Support on our site!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details