Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sir_Rudi
    Original poster 10 posts

Hello, this is the first time I've had this issue, do note all I did before this started happening was to do a clean install of my operating system, don't know if that has an impact or something.

Anyway, so the default interface and subtitle is set to portuguese brazilian language, I change both to English and go back to the main menu twice to check for add-ons... twice everytime. All is good for that play session. Once I exit the game and relaunch it later it resets back to portuguese brazilian, and there I go again to both settings and rechecking add-ons twice.

Not that the "Checking for add-ons" is the issue here, but since my internet connection is slow and I have to recheck it multiple times everytime I launch my game because language settings reset is becoming an hassle.

What I've tried so far was going in the Documents folder, AC Valhalla ini file and changing the language there and even after making the file read-only IT STILL resets back to portuguese brazilian.. Don't know if this matters but my windows 10 language is set on portuguese Portugal but that shouldn't affect the game language everytime even after I changed the settings in-game.

Last thing, on the Ubifsoft Launcher, on the AC Valhalla settings the language there is set to English too, but the game still launches it on portuguese brazilian.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sir_Rudi
    Original poster 10 posts
    Best Answer

Ok since I'm not allowed to edit previous post, I fixed it, if anyone has this problem just delete the AC Valhalla folder on Documents, it will create a new one on launch and you'll have to set stuff again but at least it won't reset anymore.

• Sir_Rudi
    Original poster 10 posts

So I just noticed every option I change resets back to whatever the default was before, I kept my AC Valhalla installation before reinstalling Windows 10, that probably could be the issue? I don't want to redownload the game, as I said before, my internet takes a lot of time to do this. I could try a file verification. Although it would be nice to get some support on these forums..

• Sir_Rudi
    Original poster 10 posts
    Best Answer

Ok since I'm not allowed to edit previous post, I fixed it, if anyone has this problem just delete the AC Valhalla folder on Documents, it will create a new one on launch and you'll have to set stuff again but at least it won't reset anymore.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1140 posts

Hey @sir_rudi, first off let me apologize for the lateness in getting back to your thread. I'm glad to hear you were able to remedy the issue. From what it looks likes the issue was is that it may have been trying to access previous folders that were updated after a clean install of your operating system. This could sometimes be resolved by verifying the game files to restore the game's integrity. If you have any further issues within Valhalla or additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Sir_Rudi
    Original poster 10 posts

All is fine right now, thanks for replying. 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4636 posts

You're welcome, @Sir_Rudi! I've marked your solution as the correct answer to this topic.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics