Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jedlosson
    5 posts

Many people still have the same issue.
    No, this bug is NOT fixed.
    No, it has never been fixed in the past.
    Yes, the bug still persists.

It has been reported so many times...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jvu4pg/pc_psa_fishing_is_broken_if_you_change_some_of/
    https://devtrackers.gg/ac-valhalla/p/439bf4ca-ac-valhalla-fishing-doesn-t-work-when-rebinding-keyboard-mouse-controls

If player uses custom keymapping, the controls for fishing gets bugged.
    Instead of casting or aiming the fishing line, the player character swings weapons or blocks.

This bug persists since game launch and still has not been fixed.
    This bug breaks many world quests.

Game: AC Valhalla
    Platform: PC
    Occurrence/repeatability of the bug: 100%

Best regards,
     Jedlosson

• Jedlosson
    5 posts

This bug still persists.
    When player uses custom key mapping for right mouse button, the fishing controls bugs out.
    I have no idea why Ubisoft does not fix their game...

• Jedlosson
    5 posts

Ubisoft still did NOT fix this.
    The issue with custom key mapping still persists.
    When player changes the control for right mouse button, the fishing controls get bugged.

• Jedlosson
    5 posts

Yeah, I have the same issue...

No, this bug is still NOT fixed and still persists.

I wish Ubisoft would fix this,
     Jedlosson

• Aquila_Ezio
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there,

I have merged several threads about being unable to fish if the keybindings were changed, such as changing the command for left hand action to right-mouse button. This issue has been marked as resolved by the development team following the release of TU 1.1.2.

If you encounter any trouble when rebinding the left-hand action, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video which shows your keybindings, as well as what happens when you try to fish with these chosen keybindings. We can then pass these reports along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Death_Roe
    2 posts

Currently experiencing this issue on PS4 - unsure if its been reported as a console issue as well as PC yet?

With 'Heavy Attack' rebound to triangle, fishing line shows triangle as prompt for 'Cast Line' but does not function when pressed. To clarify, nothing happens when the triangle button is pressed, while aiming the fishing line or not.

• Death_Roe
    2 posts

@death_roe to confirm after further testing:
    Currently experiencing this issue on PS4 - unsure if its been reported as a console issue as well as PC yet?

With 'Heavy Attack' rebound to triangle, fishing line shows triangle as prompt for 'Cast Line' but does not function when pressed. To clarify, nothing happens when the triangle button is pressed, while aiming the fishing line or not. When the 'Heavy Attack' is rebound to right trigger, fishing functions as intended.

I'd really rather not have to change my control scheme every time i want to fish.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @Death_Roe! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble fishing once you've changed your custom controls. Thanks for letting us know what you've found out during your testing already.

To help us to investigate this issue further, would you be able to share some images/a video which shows your current custom controls, including "Heavy Attack" and the fishing line assigned to the triangle button? This will help us to have a better understanding of your personal set up, as well as any conflicting commands.

I'd recommend uploading any images/video to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics