Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bozic1
    1 posts

@ubi-ginge

I have the same issue, Fishing line does not work when rebinding left hand action to right mouse button. Everything else works perfect exept for fishing.
    undefined

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@jobuurumdrinker Thanks for letting us know!

We'll ensure that's passed on.

Official Response
  • RayMcGirk100
    19 posts

@jubblator I'm having the same issue. I made a bug report and sent it to Ubisoft support. I rebound aim to mouse button 4 and left hand to right click, and now I can't aim the fishing line.

• TSTO1
    18 posts

@ubi-baron So I have a different issue with fishing, just want to see if the team is aware - on PS5, there is no vibration at all for me during any part of fishing, making it hard to tell when the fish bite and also when the line is about to break. Is this as intended? I would imagine it is not, and is the team aware of this one? Thank you

• Ubi-Baron

@raymcgirk100 Thanks for letting us know.

@TSTO1 Thank you for the added report. Does this happen every time and for the first cast or at random?

Do you have vibration turned on in the settings?

Official Response
  • TSTO1
    18 posts

@ubi-baron Thank you for the reply! It happens every time and on every cast during fishing. There is no vibration in any part of it, and as far as the settings I have it set on "Normal" which is the highest setting. I have tried it on Light setting and nothing happens there either.

• TSTO1
    18 posts

@ubi-baron On further testing, it seems all vibration function in the entire game has ceased. No matter what I do, whether it is fighting, fishing, etc. All manner of vibration is gone from my game, on all settings.

• Ubi-Baron

@tsto1 Indeed, I checked with the team and it's been reported that this is happening on the latest update.

I think I replied to another of your threads on the matter and confirmed that too.

Official Response
  • TSTO1
    18 posts

@ubi-baron Thank you Baron, while I have you here do you know if the team is aware of the ship crew recruiting issue with Bjorn the Berserker from the pre-order quest? Myself and many others are having the issue with him, where he will constantly get removed from your ship crew and after a few times of trying to add him it will bug out the entire crew from being edited and the only current fix at this moment is to revert to an older save. Unfortunately I'm too far ahead of when I got him (early in the game).

• l3ladex
    1 posts

As the title said, I play with an Xbox controller on PC, I reassign LT to block and LB to aim. But when I'm trying to fish the prompt is telling me to pull LT to aim and then RT to cast, however if I do that, my fishing line disappear and I pull my shield up. But if I press LB and then RT I just fire off an arrow. There is no way to cast a fishing line unless I reset my controller to default.

• Ubi-Baron

@tsto1 Yes, I can confirm that issue has also been reported to the team and is being looked into at the moment.

Official Response
  • FilippoPipo
    1 posts

I am having an issue when I go fishing.
    I can select the fishing rope from the action wheel however I cannot actually use it because when I try to use the right or left clicks it switch to the weapons.
    Please fix this.
    Thank you

• charlieslade
    2 posts

Same here, this bug exists since the first release. Will it ever be fixed? A bit tired to kill fish with an axe...

• legion900t
    1 posts

I rebound the controller at the very start of the game. I use L1 to aim, L2 to block, R1 for light attack, and R2 to heavy attack/ fire when using a bow.
    Assuming due to this I am unable to fish as when I have the fishing line out and press L2 it draws my shield, when I press L2 to cast it instead performs the heavy attack.
    I have tried alternating my input to reflect my rebinded configuration to no success.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

I don't understand why they made rebinding the buttons so difficult in this game (including NOT being able to leave something unused like the panoramic button or any thing NOT being used to free up conflicts), or why games do that in general. In 2000, I'd expect that for a PC-only game where control layouts weren't standardized yet, but in today's world, it's puzzling. Played other AC games over the years, most being on consoles with last 2 on PC, and don't remember having any issues with how buttons were laid out. This game however, took some serious tweaking to not get conflicts that blocked a button's hold press (HATE holding a button for something simple; button holds started years ago to prevent accidental save overwriting or loading, due to a lazy save ui but ubi seems to use them for everything, from looting to getting off the damned horse), prevent camera from working, or any other unintended effect.

Either remap to a good layout or consider jumping in the water and using melee. Stay under water, near the surface, then get close and spam the light attack. You'll hit them with a hatchet. Very quick and once you get the hang of it, very easy. Time it takes to catch and reel one fish in, you can get 10 with the hatchet. Shallow water that's knee high, use something like a special attack for duel daggers, and it'll launch you forward into them. Can clear a pond in 10 minutes of a 100+ fish that way. Some use spears, etc.. Herd the fish to one side then attack when they are clustered together.

• Luke.Faith
    1 posts

I think I am missing something. Do we get a tutorial for fishing or anything? I built the fishing hut already but nothing happens, just the boy asks for fish in exchange for reward. I went online and found out there is an action wheel and I found the fishing button on PC (G and N). However, when I press N, the commands for fishing shows up (Left click for cast, Right click to aim). However if I click left or right, Eivor uses his attack instead.

• name_is_gone
    19 posts

SERIOUSLY?? Glad I found this thread instead of creating my own but it's just bs that there is no update nor anything was in patch notes re. this fishing crap and last post is Dec 2. ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS UBI?
    On to the BUG. So I have my fishing line selected and OF COURSE I cannot fish. Instead of aiming the line Eivor attacks and of course I cannot cast a line. I play on PC, have custom keys setup - my RMB is for left hand actions and I have bow for that case set up under one of left thumb buttons (game says "mouse button 4"). Is there anyone at Ubi able to take care of this? Not to mention that your game doesn't recognize additional buttons on mouse (I have overall 6 side buttons and I can use only 3, that's pathetic in today technology) - I have set up 4 lower side buttons as Num 0-3 (mouse software, needed for another game that recognizes them just fine as simply Numpad buttons) and OF COURSE AC doesn't recognize Num 1-3 which I would gladly bind for special abilities but no, we have XXI century, mice with extra buttons and devs not able to acknowledge this. Gratz *sarcastic clap*

For the love of all gods of all religions, fix the damn game finally, it's absolutely outrageous to [censored] on players like that.

• name_is_gone
    19 posts

Update (which is even more interesting):
    whenever I try to fish and give up (of course), special abilities stop working and I need to restart the game to make them working again (keybinds default because see above about extra mouse buttons). So there MAY be coincidence but this sadly needs someone to do their job and check. Screenshot shows greyed out abilities in combat despite 2 full adrenaline bars.

undefined

• RayMcGirk100
    19 posts

It looks like Update 1.10 did not fix this.

• JobuuRumdrinker
    17 posts

nope - still busted on xbox one. I swapped LB and LT - no fishing target thing

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics