Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JobuuRumdrinker
    17 posts

nope - still busted on xbox one. I swapped LB and LT - no fishing target thing

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I have merged several threads about being unable to fish if the keybindings were changed, such as changing the command for left hand action to right-mouse button. This issue has been marked as resolved by the development team following the release of TU 1.1.2.

If you encounter any trouble when rebinding the left-hand action, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video which shows your keybindings, as well as what happens when you try to fish with these chosen keybindings. We can then pass these reports along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • name_is_gone
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • name_is_gone
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Elerium2020
    1 posts

I also have the same problem.
    I have the fishing line in the hand (no rod) and the display tells me the keys to AIM and CAST the line.
    How I try to do any of those, it either changes to my shield or my axe.
    I'm not using the default keys.
    This needs to be addressed.
    Thank you.

• Kormac67
    622 posts

@elerium2020 This happens when you reassign the keys. When you set them to default it should work.

• friscoimai
    2 posts

@kormac67 thank you SOOOO much. i just couldnt figure it out

• Predatorianbe
    7 posts

Hello,

Eivor has build the fishing hut in his home town. I've already talked to the child and I saw I get items for catching different kinds of fish.

The problem is that I can't fish on PC. I don't have a fishing rod either. So there are several mysteries and quests (like fishing with Caelbert) that I can't complete. I'm stuck in this quest for the moment because I can't fish eels.

Please fix.

Kind regards and stay safe.

Bart Versmissen
    Home Nurse

• Predatorianbe
    7 posts

@maxpain_ I have the same problem. Stuck at Caelbert quest when fishing for eels. Buttons for fishing not working.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@predatorianbe Warm hello, Bart! Thank you kindly for posting about this issue you're having with fishing after building the Fishing Hut. It sounds like you should have everything you need in order to catch some fish. If possible, please send over a screenshot or short video clip showing what happens when you bring up the command menu (this can usually be done by pressing 'G' on your keyboard). On the bottom right, you should see the Fishing Line. If you do not, a screenshot of this would be very helpful for our teams to review further.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks, and apologies for the late response! Just to confirm, has everyone here remapped the keys before encountering this issue? Please also let me know if reverting these changes resolves this issue as it did for Verivirta, or if the issue persists after.

Official Response
  • Predatorianbe
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Predatorianbe
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent

Hello,

my video on Youtube is viewable using this link:

I have no fishing rod, I can't use left or right mouse button since then Eivor goes into battle mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards.

• Kormac67
    622 posts

@predatorianbe Reset your keybindings to default, then it should work.

• Predatorianbe
    7 posts

@kormac67 Thanks for this hint. It worked indead. Guess Ubisoft has to fix this bug in the next update.
    Still hard to change your key bindings to default everytime, but Ubisoft will work it out.

Kind regards

• Predatorianbe
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent Remapping the keys worked for me on PC. Hope you can fix this?

• Stanleyhov
    3 posts

Hi folks!

I’ve encountered a bug which is quite a game breaking.

After rebinding keys, I’m unable to do fishing. So my right mouse button is bind to left hand attack, thus Eivor starts attacking instead of aiming with a fishing rod.

Quite unpleasant bug as i can’t do fishing properly and complete related activities and teiphies

would be happy if you could fix this soon

Cheers!

• Stanleyhov
    3 posts

Hi folks!

I’ve encountered a bug which is quite a game breaking.

After rebinding keys, I’m unable to do fishing. So my right mouse button is bind to left hand attack, thus Eivor starts attacking instead of aiming with a fishing rod.

Quite unpleasant bug as i can’t do fishing properly and complete related activities and trophies

would be happy if you could fix this soon

Cheers!

• Danieljms87
    5 posts

I played about 100 hours of assissain creed valhalla now the one thing I liked to do was go into a river and use my spears to do some fishing but can't do that now for some reason because the fish move way too fast and go through walls I like using the spears to fish and haven't really got the time to spend it fishing with the rope why is it impossible to fish with a spears now

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@stanleyhov Hello there, I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to know if you're able to fish properly after setting key bindings back to the default setting for the keys mentioned? I'd also like to know if you're unable to use whichever new key you've bound right mouse button to for fishing?

Official Response
  • Spitty-.-
    4 posts

I set the right click to Parry. Now, I can't right click to fish......(I don't want the default setting)

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics