ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    Original poster 376 posts

Hej there
    It's something that has been mentioned in many thread, but rarely in its own thread.
    If you do agree with me, if you do think the same, please post here, express yourself on the matter; the goal is to show to Ubisoft that it's a feature (or features) we really want and need.
    In my humble opinion, it's good to ask for it now, as they still can add things to the game. After the release of the 2nd DLC, the chance for having it will be lower, obviously as the development may be over or slower.

I think that a lot of people want more replayability in the game, more content that can be played over and over again, things that would keep us happy and busy in the game for a long time.
    We have in mind Odyssey's features, like replayable contracts. Without changing the core of Valhalla it could be implemented for example within the Reda quests dialogue option, with contracts giving some silver, or maybe a skill point if repeated enough times, but not necessarily opals. Just like in Odyssey quests could be: Kill 10 archers anywhere, Clean a saxon fort/castle, hunt 20 wold claws, hunt 10 bears in Ireland, or whatever. The goal is to "fill" the world with activities which would, juts like in Odyssey, give us a reason to continue playing and make us travel through the world with a goal. It wont gimp the players who are not interested in those features (who btw will leave the game when the stories are over, as there are stictly speaking nothing to do after...)

It's simply sad that as it is now, Valhalla is just a big fishing and hunting simulator, where a Viking evolves in a dead and empty world (once the main story is over)
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GhostAgent14
    168 posts

@torfinr
    Those are some great ideas for sure!! I love Valhalla, but I am also struggling to find things to do.

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@torfinr Are you aware of the repeatable Royal Demands in Ireland? While the type of objectives are usually the same, they can be repeated for trading goods and XP. However, I get where you’re coming from.

It would be pretty cool if Ubisoft did something more with Hytham after you finish dealing with the Order of Ancients in England. Reda’s objectives for opals is a nice, but let’s say you could also go to Hytham for a daily Assassin-specific mission to kill someone who is trying to resurrect the Order of the Ancients. A similar daily objective could be given by Deirdre to eliminate a Children of Danu sympathizer. As far as rewards, Hytham could simply give you silver for completing an Assassin mission, and Deirdre could provide an XP bonus.

I also thought it would have been nice if Ubisoft brought back AC3-style hunting and gathering challenges in Vinland that could be given out by the Kanien'kehá:ka after you deal with Gorm.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thenorfolkian I'd rather got paid in leather & iron

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@bielik01 Leather and iron is pretty easy to come by in the game, but if upgrading gear is your concern, getting paid in titanium would be useful as well. If your personal goal is to upgrade every piece of gear in your inventory, I suppose it would be advantageous to have missions where your reward is enough leather, iron, and titanium to fully upgrade one piece of gear. However, there comes a point where you’ve upgraded everything and you’re just stockpiling leather, iron, and titanium. For that reason, it would also make sense for Ubisoft to implement the availability to sell resources like in Odyssey.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thenorfolkian exactly, even supplies (I got 10k of them, and people can't get any nowadays)
    Pigeon Scoop missions could reward us more (for 50 pieces of leather/iron it's not really worthy doing the mission)

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@bielik01 Hahaha... Pigeon Scoop missions. That sounds very appropriate for the reward.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thenorfolkian that's probably the best autocorrect ever made by me in this forum 🤣

• TORFINR

@bielik01 and it's also very vikingish!
    I wonder what the most vikingish activity in the game? Collecting viper eggs for making a Saxon woman fart or cleaning the poo covered guy .... oh no! the baseball quest of course.

More seriously:
    Origins hadnt repeatable content neither. But I dont know why, I had the feeling that roaming randomly was more rewarding than in Valhalla. A crocodile attack, I saved the villagers! A rebel attack on a roman patrol: I helped the rebels; Oh a Ptolemaic fort! Let's storm it. Oh look: prisoners, let's save them! Traveling from point A to point B is somehow rewarding in Origins, it's an adventure.
    Of course, you crossed always an old unfinished quest, and you jumped into a new adventure!
    No such things in Valhalla. Sadly. When I roam randomly in Valhalla the game feels.... empty, cold, finished.
    And then came Odyssey, with its contract boards: virtually infinite gaming.

I dont think they can change the core of the game. For instance, I think they will never implement contract boards as they dont exist in the game (we can have a daydream, but it will never happen imho)
    But adding some kind of contracts for Reda that could be doable. Or it could be another NPC who would give the quests/contracts. It doesnt sound like a big thing to add, and it would certainly "save" the game. Or at least make it viable in the future. Odyssey is still popular because of those features, and will continue to be played in the years to come because of those repeatable contracts. I fear that Valhalla will fall into oblivion within the year, especially after the release of DLC#2, if they dont provide us more than orlog and bunny hunting near the settlement. Let's only hope that it isnt what they want at the end...

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@torfinr The daily Reda quests in Origins were a lot better too, and in addition to a fair amount of XP, you always got a random item that wasn’t necessarily crap. If it was a weapon you already had, you could sell it, but once in a while you could get something cool that was only available in the store. It was so much better than running around hunting for Orichalcum or Opals, which could only be spent on a select number of items.

• ChuckKatse
    352 posts

You already have repeatable content. The River Raids, the Mastery Challenges, the Pigeon Coop contracts, Reda and his followers contracts. If you want repeatable main game story line content start a new character and if you did not play on Drenger and Master Assassian hard modes play that. Makes the game a lot more challenging.

• TORFINR

@chuckkatse We do agree, you can, technically call them "repeatable" content. Though, RR and PC are pointless even in term of xp / silver as their rewards are specific resources. Once you have the items, and you dont need them anymore, you'd better kill random Saxons in Lunden than doing them in term of xp and silver. Sad. And you cant be serious when you mentioned Reda quests: two or three miserable quests (always the same) for opals... compared to Odyssey's contracts, it's a total disagrace.

• TORFINR

@torfinr After further testing of the Royal Deman system I have to admit that it is not bad. The fact that those specific resources can be used when all is researched for acquiring silver coins is really good.
    I's a good step forwards. More variety in the quests would be good though.
    Hopefully they'll improve the system and extend it to Normandy for the next DLC!

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@torfinr but I don't know know how it works...It says in the contract the reward is 30 pieces of luxuries for example, but when the contract is completed I am rewarded 45 or 60 pieces.
    How is 'Raider tent' bonus multiplying only Irish Supplies and neither iron nor leather?

• TORFINR

@bielik01 I think the bonus is applied only on the new resources, the old ones -leather, iron ore, for instance- are untouched.

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@torfinr & @bielik01 I can confirm that when completing the conditions of the Royal Demands (Pigeon Coup missions), the bonus amount is tacked on to whatever the base reward is for the given resource type. Having repeatedly played through a number of these ‘demands’, my only problem is that sometimes the mission is set in a location that is a lot more challenging to or time-consuming to complete, and the reward amounts are not consistent with those circumstances. As a result, I tend to only do the missions where you have to wipe out a camp, but can’t take damage, or where you have to kill select enemies undetected, but where killing others is okay. In such circumstances, it’s pretty easy to accomplish, especially if you can start a raid and sit back while your Jomsvikings take care of the goons. Stealing jewelry is the one I try to avoid because it often requires not being detected and only stealing from one person without killing anyone. I can do it, but the rewards don’t merit the time it takes to get into position to steal.

By the way, the ‘raider tent’ bonus is simply a method for increasing the rate of production from a given trade post. Once you completely upgrade all trade posts, all resources, except luxuries, are made at a rate of 2/minute.

I will say that occasionally going back to the trade chest with Azar, you can accumulate a substantial amount of Irish trading goods over time and make more money selling that stuff than you can doing anything else in the game. I too do hope that the trading mechanic is expanded further with the Siege of Paris DLC.

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@bielik01 My bad... I was incorrect about what I said regarding the ‘raider tent’ at the trade posts. There are three total tents, and each one increases the bonus of Irish trade goods you get for completing a royal demand within the objective parameters. The math works out to +10 goods per raider tent. You did say ‘supplies’ though, and since I’ve fully upgraded everything, Irish supplies are no longer something you can obtain, so I guess at some point those may have been multiplied as well?

That said, I agree with you that the reward of iron or leather for the royal demand missions are really pathetic and should be increased on the basis of trade post upgrades and Dublin’s renown.

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@bielik01 LoL... I forgot... it’s +10 on goods per raider tent, except luxuries, which are +5.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@thenorfolkian it's also my bad... I meant trade goods (the stuff you exchange at Azar's for silver)
    I ended up with 770 Trade post supplies and got nothing to do with it.

• TheNorfolkian
    1220 posts

@bielik01 Let us both hope the next DLC expands the need for trade supplies! It’d be nice to quickly upgrade stuff with that kind of surplus.

Suggested Topics