Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• baldbrownie
    Original poster 2 posts

As of a week ago, I'm seeing very weird glitches and artefacts on my screen when playing.

Nvidia driver 471.11
    AMD 5900x
    RTX 2060
    32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hralex1951
    36 posts

@baldbrownie Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers 471 from July, I had the same thing and had to roll the drivers back to previous release from June, 461.

• baldbrownie
    Original poster 2 posts

@hralex1951 Thanks. That has solved the issue.

• PT_Frizzer
    10 posts

@baldbrownie I installed the hot fix for the most recent and fixed but Cod:CW now crashes and notice me to update the drivers

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 477 posts

Hello Agents! I am happy to hear that the graphical issues were fixed for everyone.

Official Response
  • lo_th
    2 posts

Hi,

I returned to the game now and I'm having weird graphical glitches. My graphics card driver is updated and I don't have this problem on another game. I never had this problem before.
    I recorded a video to show the problem: https://imgur.com/a/zmJW2WX

Thanks in advance 🙂

• lo_th
    2 posts

#EDIT

I tried to edit the topic but I couldn't. I'll add some additional info that might be useful.

My PC specs:
    Ryzen 9 3900X
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    16GB RAM

A screenshot of GeForce software to show that the drivers are updated.

I tried to check the game files aswell.

Thanks.

• Adrian-11
    564 posts

It's a known issue with the 477.11 driver.
    Try the 477.22 hotfix (need to look it up and download it manually, does not show in GeForce experience), or any other older driver.

• PT_Frizzer
    10 posts

@ubisushivamp Not so fixed. Fixed Division and messes with COD:Cold War. If I plan to play one of them I have to update or tollbavk the drivers.

• instigaetor653
    3 posts

@ubisushivamp Says who? I just had to log out of the game because it is unplayable. Go back and look at your code.

• GreyBeardPlays
    2 posts

Please help as the topic states after either a new driver or new patch of the game I get these graphics bugs.

• Adrian-11
    564 posts

@greybeardplays

It's a known issue with geforce driver 477.11
    Look up the hotfix 477.22.

• GreyBeardPlays
    2 posts

@aspoiu thanks for the response. Sadly a new driver and again the same issue. I guess I should have kept the last .22 driver however I still crashed randomly with it as well.

• Adrian-11
    564 posts

@greybeardplays

Crashing is an older problem, most likely not related to the driver. Still to be resolved by the Devs, maybe, someday...
    If 477.22 still gives you graphics glitches, I guess you need to go back to 469.XX , for whatever was before 477.11.

• Zapplii
    2 posts

Have been getting this problem when playing where these white pixels would randomly appear and the only way to get rid of them is to just restart the game.
    My GPU is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super and Cpu being a Ryzen 6 core(cannot remember specifically) So not sure if its some kind of visual bug/lighting problems that is happening or just rendering problems.

Video evidence: https://streamable.com/hbwqlp

• dagrommit
    506 posts

@zapplii there have been reports that recent nvidia drivers (471 series) are the cause of this. FWIW, I use 466.27 without any issue.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1575 posts

Hello @Zapplii,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please confirm which drivers are you currently using? Have you tried using the previous version as @dagrommit mentioned by any chance, so we can be sure that this is a driver issue? It will help us to investigate it further for you.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello everyone,

I merged this thread with another one in order to keep the track of our conversations. Can you please confirm if the hotfix resolved this issue for you? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @GreyBeardPlays,

Have you tried downgrading your GPU driver by any chance or installing the recently released hotfix in order to check if the issue persists?

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread to keep everyone up to date in one conversation.

Official Response

Suggested Topics