Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Coach811981
    Original poster 34 posts

Good day

I sometimes get issues with Valhalla (Odyssey as well) where on occasion it gets stuck on the splash screen.

This only happens now and then but it is irritating nonetheless.

Additionally when i restart my pc after that splash screen issue i get stuck on the system restart and end up having to hard reset.

I did read somewhere that Ubisoft games don't like it when installed on other drives and that it needs to be on C drive and some issue with sound files or the other but i wanted to know if anyone else has similar issue?

Like i said it doesn't happen every time so i'm not sure what to put it down - could be the Ubisoft Connect app but can't be sure.

Thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hey @coach811981, there can be some conflicting issues if the Ubisoft Connect launcher and the game are installed on two separate hard drives. In this case, I would recommend that you have both Ubisoft Connect, Valhalla, and Odyssey all installed on the same drive. We do suggest running the game on the C Drive if the alternative is from an external hard drive as this may cause some delay or further issues with launching the game. Any additional background applications running may cause this issue occasionally, so I would suggest only running Ubisoft Connect, Vahalla, and close out of any unneeded programs that might be running.

Please keep us posted if any of these suggestions help at all. 🙂

Official Response
  • Coach811981
    Original poster 34 posts

@ubi-smash

Due to space constraints i can't install all Ubisoft games to the main drive as my main drive is a 250GB SSD - i only have Valhalla installed there and i still get the splash screen issues on there now and then.

I have another 1TB HDD which i use for a few other games but it doesnt matter which drive they are on same issue will appear.

I'm gonna try and re-install Ubisoft Connect app as everything else is up to date (graphics, OS and file verification comes back with no errors)

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

@coach811981 Thanks for the confirmation. If you have already exhausted all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide as well and still receive the same splash screen, could you create a support ticket with your system files attached so we can take a closer look over this with you? You can also create a support ticket on our Facebook and Twitter support page.

Official Response

Suggested Topics