ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

Hello guys!
    I'm facing some issues with The Division 2 running on my PC ( Zephyrus G15 with Ryzen 7 5800HS + 3060) The game runs well, good performance but sometimes after 15 or 1-hour playing (looks like it's random) the game freezes, I can't close with ALT+F4 or open Task Manager to End task (I can't make it visible, the game still frozen and not responding in front of any other application!)

I checked my Nvidia driver and it is Up to Date. I tried to close all overlays, etc... still having issues. Temperature is pretty good around 70C for CPU and GPU
    Tried also verified the Files on UPlay.
    This is the only game I'm having issues with on my PC.

if need any other information please let me know!

Thanks, guys!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OmegaDoom_
    3 posts

My game froze for about 5 seconds during a Dark Hours Raid Run on Normal, during Boomer phase

Sometimes my game freezes when doing random activities... can't seem to find a common cause.

I suspect it's a server issue... not on our side.

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts
    My game froze for about 5 seconds during a Dark Hours Raid Run on Normal, during Boomer phase

Sometimes my game freezes when doing random activities... can't seem to find a common cause.

I suspect it's a server issue... not on our side.

Here I tried to wait a little bit, nothing happens. And in the Task Manager, it says it is NOT RESPONDING.... 😞

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 964 posts

Hello Agents! I am very sorry to hear that your game will randomly crash or freeze while playing. I also appreciate the steps you have already tried. To look further into this for you, are you noticing any common error messages when this happens? Please let me know, thanks!

Official Response
  • LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubisushivamp Hello my friend!

It doesn't show any message, or even the UPlay Send report popup, nothing. It doesn't allow me to see anything else in my desktop, Can't close or even use task manager, So I need to logout to be able to use win again. Since my Asus use the Armoury Crate, and have different profiles (for silent or overclocked and others) I tried different profiles, nothing changed.

I'll try now to uninstall and install again. See if it works!

If need anything else, let me know 😉

Thanks!

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubisushivamp I just uninstalled and installed it again!! just happened after around 20 minutes of playing!

What can I do now?

• Imagine_Brata
    419 posts

@lelot3 U can try and uninstall all visual c++ redistributable files and install them again https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@imagine_brata all right! I'll try this, this week, I'll post here the follow up.
    Thanks!

• Father-Jack
    32 posts
    I can't close with ALT+F4 or open Task Manager to End task

The trick with Task Manager is in its Options menu, tick on "Always on top". When TD2 crashes (as it annoyingly frequently does), press Shift+Control+Escape to open TM, which will now be on top of TD2, even in full screen mode. Then you can close TD2.

• Imagine_Brata
    419 posts

@lelot3 here is the new nvidia hotfix driver see if it help https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5212: (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5212)

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@father-jack Thanks for the tip!!! I just activate here!! (Hope I don't need to use again hahahaa)

@imagine_brata Thanks, I'll download it right away!!!

• fastnickPL
    7 posts

hi, i have this same problem. today i got new problems, after loading the game and trying entry to main base i got crash... non stop when i starting again the game its same problem

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2201 posts

Hello @lelot3,

Thank you for your updates! Can you please confirm if downloading the hotfix resolved this issue for you?

@fastnickPL - sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing. Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? It will help you to eliminate any software conflicts.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts
    Hello @lelot3,

Thank you for your updates! Can you please confirm if downloading the hotfix resolved this issue for you?

@fastnickPL - sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing. Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? It will help you to eliminate any software conflicts.

When I was about to download that fix. I saw a new driver from Nvidia so instead to go for the 471.22 I downloaded the 471.41!
    I'll try tonight how it goes!!!

I'll update here!

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-mark

Just tried now.... it still have random freezes. Now the last one was in the transition between gameplay and cutscene. (when you save the president and enter in his office for him to say thanks!) Just one example of the latest freeze.

I saw in the Taskmanager, doesn't say it's Not Responding... just don't have ANY Activity.

• Father-Jack
    32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Father-Jack
    32 posts
    @lelot3
    new driver from Nvidia so instead to go for the 471.22 I downloaded the 471.41

I don't think that will make any difference. I did have 451.67 installed for my GTX 1080 and updated it to 471.22 the other day, and that made no difference to the freezing.

• Father-Jack
    32 posts
    @LeLoT3,

the last one was in the transition between gameplay and cutscene.

It can happen anytime anywhere, free roam, missions, cutsecenes, in menus and so on.

BTW, please edit your post and hide the spoiler behind spoiler. I haven't completed the game yet so thanks for blowing the ending. 😠

• LeLoT3
    Original poster 9 posts

@father-jack sorry.... didn't realize, but this is one of the first missions! not the ending. No worries about that!

• Jimmy_DA
    38 posts

Eliminate what software conflicts? A game or any piece of software for that matter should not conflict with any other if developed/coded properly and stringently tested! How about stop blaming everything else and your customers, Ubisoft instead takes note that these crashes / freezes have been reported by players of the Division 2 for over 12 months! In this instance it cannot be a software conflict with the amount of times config files etc are requested to "review" for said conflicts. Would've thought by now a pattern would appear and the conflicts resolved!

Suggested Topics