ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 937 posts

@jimmy_da I do apologize for the frustration this has caused you. Please create a support ticket with your Msinfo and Dxdiag for our teams to take a look into this further for you? Thank you!

Official Response
  • madbombr633
    3 posts

If you are still having crashes to desktop here is how I fixed mine
    uninstalled all the c++ redist. rebooted machine.
    started division 2, the launcher will reinstall the versions of c++ that came with the game.
    game menu loads turn off dx12, save settings and shut game down.
    if you have Nvidia's overlay on turn it off.
    restart computer start division 2
    it is worth noting that there will be an occasional 1/4 or 1/2 of a second stutter, but no crashes at least this is what worked for me.
    i have been running the for the past couple weeks and the game hasn't crashed once. the stutter is not that big of a deal and has not affected the game play

• Jimmy_DA
    36 posts

@ubisushivamp already have a case open and have submitted the files multiple times, like others. How many times does Ubisoft require these for a issue with the game that's been reported by players for over 12 months, clearly its not client based but a fundamental issue with the game itself!!!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1496 posts

@jimmy_da Sorry to hear you're unhappy with how your case has been handled. If you were given a case number, you're welcome to share it here so that one of our player support staff can look into it for you.

With issues that have already been reported, we are always seeking more information to support the investigation. We will be able to share an update on this once we have more information from the game team.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1496 posts

@madbombr633 Hi there!

Thanks so much for sharing this workaround and what's helped you to overcome this game crash issue.

If anyone experiences this, and the workaround above does not fix the issue, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Jimmy_DA
    36 posts
    @jimmy_da Sorry to hear you're unhappy with how your case has been handled. If you were given a case number, you're welcome to share it here so that one of our player support staff can look into it for you.

With issues that have already been reported, we are always seeking more information to support the investigation. We will be able to share an update on this once we have more information from the game team. -- this very statement was made over 6 months ago and still there is no fix!!!

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@jimmy_da I do understand the frustration, and I apologize for that. While it has been a while, I can assure you that the teams are investigating all open issues as quickly as possible. When it comes to that case that you opened, would you be willing to share the case number so that I can take a closer look into it?

Official Response
  • MassiveVijayjay
    55 posts

@ubi-nacho yo still crashing. created the help ticket two weeks ago and went through the whole gamut of sending msinfo32 reports etc, etc, etc, and it resulted in zero with no acknowledgment that the issue is solely on ubi's side. under directx 11 it's a stuttering mess, and under directx 12 it's a crash fest.

• Jimmy_DA
    36 posts

@ubistorm It's redundant for me to state case number and constantly supply additional files. Your development team just need to do their jobs! This isn't an individual issue and affects many, the problem seems to be;

1. The games handling of DirectX 12
    2. An issue with Smart / Resizeable BAR

Both of which a multitude of other games handle perfectly fine, bar Ubisoft developed software. If a particular feature, technology or API etc is going to be included - I recommend ensuring said such actually works before releasing a product for sale! Just ripping off customers at this point

• UbiSushiVamp

@massivevijayjay I do sincerely apologize for the frustration this has caused. Our teams are currently working on a resolution for this crashing and I appreciate your continued patience and understanding in the meantime!

Official Response
  • UbiSushiVamp

@jimmy_da I sincerely apologize for the frustration this has caused. Our teams are investigating the crashing players have expiereinced and are working towards a resolution. I appreciate your continued patience and understanding during this time.

Official Response
  • Drizt-Do-Urden
    1 posts

@ubisushivamp Error messages, seriously, my game has been stable for ages now I cant get 5 minutes and to make it worse the WHOLE thing crashes out not just the game, ubi connect gone as well.
    It is a joke.

• fCore_
    1 posts

Same issue here. Game freezes and goes to windowed mode. Fastest way is to log off from windows and log in again. But all your progress is ruined. I've started Lincoln Memorial 3 times and could not complete it yet cause everytime it freezes at some point of the mission. Sometimes it's the checkpoint sequence, sometimes just in the middle of a fight.

I'm using an NVIDIA RTX3080 & Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K. Latest windows updates, latest drivers, all files are validated, no other programs opened.

What helped me to reduce the number of crashes:

• limit fps to 60 (which is ridiciulous since I bought a 144 Hz curved monitor for this game)
    • deactivate directx12
    • close discord and other applications that could be a target of easy-anticheat (since it's showing an ingame-overlay or something else)

But it still occurs daily. I will try to experiment with VSync and other graphic options now.

• X-RAY-86-
    1 posts

I have the same problem since the beginning of this year. Before, the game rarely crashed but now it always crashes at some point. It has improved a little. Whereas in the penultimate patch it crashed after a short time like 5 to 10 minutes a round can now last 5 minutes or an hour. I even tested multiple GPUs.

• ShashankAv
    1 posts

I just got my new laptop and installed The Division 2. My specs are a Ryzen 5 4800H with a RTX 3050, so the game should run smoothly. But when I start playing it the game crashes without any error. I can move around for a bit but crashes right after. First my settings was ultra but tried with low and medium as well but it had the same issue. I have no idea what's wrong and I really wanted to play this with my friend. So any kind of help would be very nice.
    P.S I'm new here so pls tell me if any other details are need and how can I get them so that this problem can be resolved.
    Thank you.

• DraCleave
    5 posts

@shashankav mate you can't solve it in the game not us or our pc.

the only way it will be fixed is that ubisoft fixes it themslves as its there fault and problem since they made this happen from 29th june and they had that much time to solve it and yet...... they havent even tried to fix it so youll have ot live with it for now unfortunately.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5674 posts

Hello there @Drizt-Do-Urden, @fCore_ & @X-RAY-86! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes whilst playing The Division 2. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and reports with us. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that have helped to reduce the number of crashes you've experienced, @fCore_.

If you have not already, I would recommend trying all of the steps provided on this PC troubleshooting support article. These steps help to combat a number of common causes behind technical issues, such as crashes.

If the crashes continue to persist after completing these steps, then I would advise opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. Taking a look at system files can give us a better idea of your unique system, and can help us to provide further troubleshooting for the issue you're encountering.

When opening a support ticket, please include a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag, as well as images of any error messages you have received when these crashes have occured. Additionally, please include all the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those provided in the linked PC troubleshooting article, so our team know what steps you have already tried so far.

If you require any further assistance with opening a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out to us within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5674 posts

Hello there @ShashankAv! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes soon after launching the game. Thank you for sharing more information about your system specs, as well as what troubleshooting steps you've tried already. If you haven't already, I'd also recommend trying all of the steps provided on this basic PC troubleshooting support article. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues, such as crashes.

If you continue to experience crashes after trying all of the steps shared on that support article, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can continue to take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GhostHell
    3 posts

@dracleave Agree try to turn off OVERLAY and CLOUD save in Uplay settings menu works for me but random crashes still happen on 2 to 3 minutes..after that i verify files and works again..to be honest these are quick fixes so...good luck to every1.... : )

• OLD_KANUK
    3 posts

@shashankav Yeah same here. Game ran smooth as silk since the beginning. Now crashes all the time. Can't even play for 5 minutes.

Suggested Topics