Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RCViper047
    17 posts

Hi,

i'm still new to Division 2. But I noticed that Division 2 tend to crash/freeze more like other games I have played. I've red a lot to the topic crashes and freezes.

So, what I noticed after I bought this game were freezes and crashes (first freeze, than windowed mode and crash), without any error reports. Not able to play 5 minutes. I tried some changes, even to DX 11 - worked for two days. Then again freeze/crash windowed mode, no error reports. Closing only via Task Manager.

Deeper look, noticed that the Anti Cheat Software is spamming my system reports all 5 minutes. Started game with suggestion as Admin and verifying game files. See there, worked and with Admin I have only one or even no system report from the Anti Cheat Software.

Worked for 2 days. Started Game as Admin, but now I got freeze, wasn't able to get into the Task Manager. After few moments the game crashes with error report for the Divsion 2.exe. (Only when in Admin Mode, without Admin Mode I got the freeze/crash without any crash report).

I noticed that the freeze/crash happened when I had an System Update (Windows) before. Even Updates for Apps at Microsoft Store causes Division 2 to crash.

I played last days first without verifying games files after System Updates and Division 2.exe (in Admin Mode) freezed/crashed after max. 5 minutes.

Played now with Admin Mode and verifying games files after every System Update ( doesn't matter important Update or Microsoft Store App Update ) and had no crashes/freezes since then.

First I thought my PC is the faulty part....or is it just an imagination from my side? Because, I don't no the connection that even after App Update Divsion 2 tend to freeze/crash. Has someone else similar experience or I'm alone with that? Or I'm wrong to think that Windows Updates causes Divison 2 to freeze/crash.

In short what I did to play without freezes/crashes (until now)

1. Start Ubisoft Connect as Admin
    2. Verifying game files before I start (after every Windows Update/App Update)
  • UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello there, @RCViper047! Thank you for reaching out about the crashing and freezing you have noticed particularly after a Windows update. Thank you also for the detailed information you have provided about the steps you have tried to resolve this. Just to confirm, I saw that you mentioned that after your most recent update verifying your game files and running the game as administrator helped resolve these crashes and freezes for you? Is this correct?

Official Response
  • RCViper047
    17 posts

@ubisushivamp

Hi,

yes, I confirm that this method works currently. The game installs, after verifying game files, again the needed files for directx, etc. After that is done, the game runs again without crashes and freezes.

But what the connection between Windows Updates (System and/or even Microsoft Store Updates) with Divsion 2 is.....I don't know.

This method I have to do every time after an Update and/or I had an freeze/crash.

And what I also noticed regarding freezes/crashes (when they happen):
    Running game without Admin, the game freezes -> windowed mode -> only via Taskmanager to close. No crash report. But Anti Cheat Software spamming the Sytemreports, entries every 5 minutes
    Running game as Admin, the game freezes -> full window stays -> can't access Taskmanager-> crash. Crash report Division2.exe. Only one entry of Anti Cheat Software or even no entry.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@rcviper047 Thank you so much for that information! I am not currently seeing any known issues in regards to Windows updates with the Division 2. However, this is all very interesting! If the crashing occurs again, please update this thread letting me know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there!

@GhostHell - Thanks for sharing your own experience with us, and for including what troubleshooting steps have helped to resolve the crashing issues you've encountered in-game. It's certainly worth giving these steps a try!

@OLD_KANUK - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes in-game. Just to confirm, have you been able to try all of the basic PC troubleshooting steps? If so, please can you let us know what other troubleshooting steps you have tried, as well as any error messages you have encountered following these crashes? This will help us to investigate the issue further.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • OF-2
    4 posts

@rcviper047 It may be of little consolation, but I am having the very same issues for several weeks now. At first the proposed anti cheat fix seemed to work for a while then the crashes came back. The suggestion to use Windows8 compatibility mode did not help. And now ubisoft connect does not recognize that the game has closed down after the freeze and the "PLAY" button remains disabled until you do a restart of your machine. I had even changed my nvidia 1080 for a 3060ti (for other reasons) but even that did not solve the problem.
    As this bug has been going on for several weeks now I have no hope for a quick solution.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 731 posts

@of-2 Hi there.

Thank you for jumping in here to let us know that you've been seeing this issue with crashes.

Could you please try following the steps given in our article for PC troubleshooting here. I'm sure you may have already tried some of these steps, but if you could run through everything provided and let us know if the crashing/freezing remains, it would be much appreciated.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Official Response
  • Ms.Luna._.Jay
    5 posts

Crashes to Desktop just came back after the latest patch (again).
    This is a serious issue and needed to be fixed urgently.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

@ms-luna-_-jay Hey there, thanks for reaching out about this!

Have you already given our basic PC troubleshooting a try? If so, please create a case on our support site and include your MSInfo and DxDiag files.

Official Response
  • RCViper047
    17 posts

@ubisushivamp

so, luckily te Ubisoft Connect Client seems to work again. I gave already a feedback. Sadly, the freezes and crashes continues. I bought Division 2 on 12.09.21 here in Ubsoft Online Store. I was able to play without any problemes until 30.09.21. From this day I have almost every playthrough a freeze/crash.

I had always before Updates Windows/Micorsoft Apps. My thought, there was a connection. Now I have the same problems without an Update before.

Currently, I have to start always as Admin -> verifying game files -> then start the game. Without these steps, a playthrough without freezes/crashes is impossible.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 643 posts

@rcviper047

Hey there.

Sorry to hear that these crashing issues have persisted. If you haven't already done so please submit your system files to us on a support case so we can investigate further.

You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

After you've opened the case if I can also ask you to attach two system reports to the case that will assist us in identifying any potential cause. The reports we need from you are:

MSInfo
    DxDiag

Thanks.

Official Response
  • RCViper047
    17 posts

@ubi-orion

I found "currently" a working solution without freezes/crashes. Maybe it's connected to the Ubisoft Connection Update?

What I do, I start the client as admin and afterwards the game exe itself as admin. I don't start the game via client.

I didn't veryfied the game files since last thursday and had no single freezes/crashes. Also the AntiCheat don't create/spam any kernel errors since then. My hope.....it's not just luck, but a working solution for the future

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 960 posts

Hey @rcviper047 ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Thank you for sharing the workaround that worked for you!

Please keep us updated should you run into any more issues or of course have any other queries!

Official Response
  • Vykyng666
    62 posts

@Ubi-Mushy  We have been there before. You're just spamming the same "troubleshooting" stuff. We all tried that already and IT DOES NOT WORK.
    Freezes / Crashes are completely random. I just played for 3 hours straight with no crash. Sometimes there are like 3 or 4 crashes in one after another after just a few minutes of gameplay. Other times the game is stable for hours.
    Apparently there is a memory leak. We want to know what are the DEVS doing about that and when we can expect a FIX.

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

@UbiSushiVamp @Ubi-Orion @Ubi-Nacho @ubi-theberry Stop relying on players to find half baked (may or may not be working) workarounds and pretend like it is the first time you have heard about this problem.
    What are devs doing about this? When can we expect a fix? When can we play the game we paid for?

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

@ubisushivamp It has been 13 (thirteen) days since your post. How is that "resolution for crashing" going? Can we expect it anytime soon?

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

@ubi-borealis Stop spamming "Troubleshooting". It does not work. Are devs working on fixing this issue? When can we expect to play the game we paid for without crashes?

• SaschaVykos
    10 posts

Wanted to get back into the game to play the Warlords Add-On, but I get freezes about 10 minutes in.

I7-7700K, 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@vykyng666

45 days now... no resolution.
    Be serious, nobody is looking into this or "investigating".
    ... and please stop with the lies about "new content".

• Vykyng666
    62 posts

Since last week when I started playing Division 2 I am watching every thread about crashing I could find (about 10 or so of them) and liking EVERY new post and posting myself.
    Guys do the same.
    Maybe they will notice our disappointment and eventually do something about it.

Suggested Topics