ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 464 posts

So just to mix things up I've been trying the Pistolero directive last few days. It's new (to me) in its current iteration, so hopefully this isn't a dumb Q.

So I've noticed that when starting a mission, and with zero ammo, the first 3 or 4 hostiles I kill indeed drop a healthy amount of ammo. It seems to be enough to take me up to about half my normal maximum capacity.

However, after reaching that level no other hostile in that mission will ever drop any ammo. Even if I run one of my primary weapons down to 30 rounds remaining. More sidearm kills produce no additional ammo.

First time I thought it was a fluke, but did three more missions and same thing. Once I get up to about half my normal capacity for a particular type of ammo, no other hostiles drop ammo for the rest of the mission - even if I run that ammo type very, very low.

Is this by design? Is it "fill to a certain cap once then that's it for the mission?" or do I have to run the ammo type down to zero (haven't tried that yet)? Or is this a bug?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

The Pistolero directive works like this: you start with no ammo in your guns, just your sidearm have ammo and the first enemy you kill, he drops an amount of ammo for your two weapons (which isn't much), the secret is to kill as many enemies as possible with the sidearm before collecting any ammo (I usually kill about 4 or 5 NPCs, easy if you have a good sidearm like the exotic ones or the D50), when you pick up the ammo, the NPCs will only drop ammo again if you empty the primary and secondary weapon ammo, they don't drop as long as any of them have something (actually they drop, but it's very rare) the "normal", at least here for me, is empty ammo for both weapons for NPCs come back to drop more ammo, only ammo for characteristic weapons keeps dropping normally.

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 464 posts

@l3and80 Ah-ha! Your sentence "when you pick up the ammo, the NPCs will only drop ammo again if you empty the primary and secondary weapon ammo" is the key. it matches the behavior I saw and definitely explains my complaint.

The game doesn't do a good job at describing this, but since I now "know better" I'll approach it a little differently next time.

Suggested Topics