Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KTC
    Original poster 2 posts

During the quest "War In The North", after fighting off enemies you have to regroup with the character Faravid by the cliff but the game freezes when you go towards him, like the game is attempting to start a cutscene but doesn't manage to do so.

It only lets me access the cinematic pause menu so I have to exit to the title screen and reload the game. Doing a reload of the game, loading a previous save or fast travel or meditation doesn't make the game move on.

I've started the Wincestre arc instead but I really wanna know if there is something that I can do on my end to move the game onwards.

Many thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KTC
    Original poster 2 posts
    Best Answer

@ubi-woofer thanks for your help, unfortunately none of the troubleshooting solutions worked but I have solved the problem.

On Xbox Series S, I fast travelled to the nearby tower and walked the small path around to Faravid and when the game went into the freeze state I paused the game, then I hit the share button on my controller and immediately the game unpaused and loaded the cutscene. Unfortunately the clip i took ends too soon to show the cutscene starting.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hey there @KTC - welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to report your experience of this issue here on the forums. I can see other similar reports of struggling to speak to Faravid during "War in the North" in this thread here, however it is unclear to me at the moment whether you are at the same point of the quest as the other players who have submitted those reports?

As such, could you please provide me with a short video clip to demonstrate the objective you are stuck on, and the issue at hand in-game? You can upload this clip to a hosting site such as YouTube and then share the link here, which will mean that we can easily forward the thread and your video link to any relevant team members for review.

Three potential workarounds that I have seen recommended elsewhere are to crouch while approaching Faravid to see if the interaction prompt becomes available, change Eivor's gender and sleep in their room in the Ravensthorpe longhouse before returning to the quest location, as well as lowering your graphics settings (if playing on PC) to a lower setting, reloading the game and trying again.

At the moment, we do have a couple of issues with speaking to Faravid during this quest under investigation, so as soon as I know which issue you're affected by, I'll be able to give more specific information. I will also then be able to merge this thread with the existing thread linked above if your issue is the one already reported in there, to ensure that we keep all of the relevant reports together in one place. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • KTC
    Original poster 2 posts
    Best Answer

@ubi-woofer thanks for your help, unfortunately none of the troubleshooting solutions worked but I have solved the problem.

On Xbox Series S, I fast travelled to the nearby tower and walked the small path around to Faravid and when the game went into the freeze state I paused the game, then I hit the share button on my controller and immediately the game unpaused and loaded the cutscene. Unfortunately the clip i took ends too soon to show the cutscene starting.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

It's great to hear that you have been able to resolve the issue, @KTC! Thank you for sharing your solution here as well. I've pinned it as the thread answer in case it might help any other players with a similar issue.

I'll lock this thread now, as you've advised me that the issue is resolved. If you need any additional help in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know in another thread! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics