Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Prairy
    Original poster 4 posts

Is it at all possible to somehow have HC characters returned to us if our HC character dies due to game bugs and not player error? I was playing the tanker mission in NYC in HC and when fighting in the end area, one of those flame/tar turrets was set up by an enemy. It shot it's flaming tar ball and i backed away from the obvious red-zone where it would land while continuing to fire at the turret. I took out the turret while the flame-ball was in mid air. After I did, the flame-ball disappeared and it's red landing zone likewise disappeared. So, i walked forward to hunker down into cover again, but instead was suddenly caught in flaming tar - the same tar that had disappeared mid-air and never landed a moment before. Once i was caught in there i was taken out in bullet fire. That's not player error. That's the game just killing my character off. I've lost HC characters before because of my own fault and that i understand and learn from. This is just ugly. So, is there any way we can have these characters returned when it's a game error? Figured I'd ask because where's the fun in playing HC knowing at any point the game can simply erase your character.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 262 posts

@prairy Hello! I am very sorry to hear that your hardcore character has died due to a bug that you have encountered. As it stands we do not have a way to restore the hardcore characters I do sincerely apologize for this. However, would you happen to have a video clip of this happening to forward this to our team to investigate for you? Please let me know!

Official Response
  • Prairy
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubisushivamp i wish. i rarely record my gameplay. But I will see if some are willing to try while in a group next time. If I catch a vid of it, i'll send it your way. How about having a 1 item bequeathment for your hardcore character. As in after death, you can choose 1 item to leave behind for your next agent to come up. it would be nice. even just 1 item.

• Prairy
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubisushivamp the mechanic was actually quite easy to replicate, which means it's surprising if it's not known. I did the exact same thing in the same spot, only this time with my main "softcore" character and just on hard difficulty. Just wondering how I get the clip to you? When I try to upload it in this message, it says I don't have the privileges for that.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 262 posts

Hey there Prairy! You can upload that video to a video sharing website, such as YouTube, and then post the link here! Thank you so much!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics