ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OBu42
    Original poster 215 posts

I post this here in the support section since I strongly assume that this traffic behavior is a bug:

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2249 posts

Thanks for getting this video across to us, @obu42 - that car really had it in for you! I'd like to look into this.

Please make sure you've done the 'verify game files' step from our troubleshooting guide: (https://ubi.li/pcts), just to make sure your game is fully updated and nothing has gone awry with the files. Can you also tell me if you've notice this happening on any particular roads or game modes?

Was the video part of a longer piece of footage you'd recorded? If so, I'd love to see a few minutes beforehand, just so we can get a better idea of what was going on.

Thanks again for this report, we really appreciate it!

Official Response
  • OBu42
    Original poster 215 posts

@ubi-thrupney

The video was taken using the "video proof" feature right after this happened... I just wanted to demonstrate why so many people constantly complain about the traffic in TC2. Therefore I deleted it locally after upload. The rest of the race ("New York") was more or less normal, just the usual random pop-up traffic, cars roaming in from the right and crossing over to the left lane, etc.

If someone really wants to address those issues, I'm more than happy to collect videos over the next weeks showing misbehaving traffic.

And yes, since I report bugs more or less on a daily basis (at least this is how it feels to me), my game files are checked several times a week just to avoid this question.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2249 posts

Thanks for confirming all that for me, @obu42 - I've passed your video onto our teams now. If you could continue to capture evidence of this sort of traffic issue for the time being, that would be very helpful.

Let me know if you run into any further issues in the meantime 😎

Official Response
  • CREW_ITALY
    67 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    For months I have been reporting this big traffic bug that stands still and gives you a shot passes in your lane to block you and you find them on all the curves, they say they have solved but in reality it continues on some races like the new york in addition to the fact that the vehicles are slow frizzy locked in both speed and power. The feeling of driving a vehicle with a caravan attached .. all very sad but no one does anything

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@crew-it-kitty-p they haven't bothered fixing it since the first The Crew, as traffic can spontaneously change lanes for no reason particularly on highways.
    Probably pathing jank with no code argument line that would tell the cars to not change lanes unless there is something blocking the path infront.

Jesus christ, some of the people in that studio had 1st hand experience on working on Driver San Francisco, which features ton of traffic with 0 frustration all because traffic only follows the lane its in without ever changing lanes, so its 100% predictable.

• CREW_ITALY
    67 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Everything happened with the update of 21/4/2021 they decided to import some sort of traffic with artificial intelligence but in reality it is just a real disaster. As soon as you enter the game, vehicles are added to you which will annoy you throughout the game. Ubisoft says it has solved. but it didn't actually solve a damn thing. it also heavily weakened the hiper car vehicles.

• echolecter
    220 posts

Traffic in The Crew isn't what we all think it should be, they are simply obstacles that try to slow you down by all means. Indeed in the first game there are places where cars simply decide to cross the opposite lanes. They do a 90 degree turn and drive straight into a forest. Besides this they can't turn left on intersections, something that I also noticed while playing the beta of TC2, it's just silly. Not an owner of this game and never will, first game is all I need to drive around and map layout is much better. There are only two games that really nail traffic for me and it involves driving trucks, very old by now but still receiving updates and lots of new stuff.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

Hello everyone! Thank you for your update on the feedback about the traffic in game. We do apologize for the frustration this has caused you. If anyone has further videos to add about this it would be appreciated!

Official Response
  • Anykeyer
    170 posts

I too consider this behavior a bug. Most states have "keep right" laws, exactly because of what happened in this video. Going left on a highway for no apparent reason is illegal.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for noting this @anykeyer , we'll pass this onto the team!

Official Response

Suggested Topics