Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Linkfire111
    Original poster 7 posts

Every time the game loads a save or enters/exits a new location (like England to River Raids, England to Mastery Challenge, etc., anything that causes a new world to load in or out) the main longship resets all cosmetics to their default looks (everything goes back to the Raven Clan scheme). This does not happen to the River Raids ship, just the main one. The shield glitch from before has been fixed, but it's just been replaced by an even more severe one.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Linkfire111
    Original poster 7 posts

@linkfire111 Edit: It appears I was wrong: the problem does happen to River Raids ship as well.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @Linkfire111,

Sorry to hear that your ship's settings are resetting.

Can you please verify your game files with this link? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • JamesLogan491
    82 posts

Same thing happening to me on PS4.
    You can't write that [censored] up. Takes forever for Ubisoft to fix the Jomsviking gear reset only for the same glitch to start happening to the ship itself.
    It happens on both main ship and the river raiding ship. (why the hell we needed an specific ship for river raids instead of just using our main one is still a mystery to me)

• B00MSIE
    328 posts

Same on Xbox Series X. Good they have so many beta testers. Shame we get paid so bad.

• Youldinho
    19 posts

Since the latest update every time I do a mastery challenge the cosmetics on my longship reset back to the Raven clan original (I believe this happens on the normal longship too) please advise?

• LithiumXsTp
    5 posts

This is happening to me now on PS5. Fix one thing and two more things break. I waited to play this game since Ubisoft releases are usually riddled with bugs. Played a bit then quit due to bugs. Waited for bugs to be fixed, instead old bugs are just replaced with new ones.

• TYUHYUN
    20 posts

I have the same problem. The platform is PC.
    This happens to all Longship (Main, River Raids) whenever you do a Mastery Challenge.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello Vikings,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this on multiple platforms.

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a few screenshots before and after loading your game? Does it affect all of your customizations or only selected shields?

Official Response
  • TYUHYUN
    20 posts

@ubi-mark All cosmetics in the longship are removed.

In my case, this problem only appears when I go to the Mastery Challenge map.

• JamesLogan491
    82 posts

@ubi-mark My problem is exactly the same as shown on the video @TYUHYUN posted.
    I can also confirm that it only happens when doing a Mastery Challenge.
    Justin case it matters, I play on PS4.

• Ubi-Ray
    Ubisoft Support Staff 30 posts

Thank you @jameslogan491 and @TYUHYUN for that update! Did you start to notice this reset after completing a specific Mastery Challenge or has this impacted all Mastery Challenges for you?

Official Response
  • TYUHYUN
    20 posts

@ubi-ray All Mastery Challenges affect resets.

The video I recorded as an example only contains the Trial of the Bear from Wenlocan Outpost, but it happens in every Mastery Challenge. Each time you visit a map dedicated to the Mastery Challenge, the Longship is reset.

• Sophie_K
    2 posts

Hi there.
    My longship customization gets reset frequently. I can't tell for sure what triggers the bug, but when it happens a) the ship looks like reset to default, b) all current items at the ship customization vendor turned black and c) i have to customize it again from scratch. Known issue?

• RCDeschene
    19 posts

Does anyone else often get their longship cosmetic reset back to Raven Clan after a file reload? I'm trying to make everything in my Settlement as ISU Knight themed as possible, but after I either return to my game the following day or after traveling places on the map, I notice that both my regular and river raiding longships revert back to default with the equipped skin slots themselves emptied.

• KamikazeSG12
    30 posts

I noticed this same issue.
    Both my main longship and my raids longship reset their customizations every time I exit the game and restart.
    Same with the customization of gear on my Jomsviking.
    The customizations stay set during a single gaming session, but when I start the game for my next session, they have all reset to default.
    The longship reset is new since update 1.2.2. The Jomsviking reset has been occurring for a long time.

• KamikazeSG12
    30 posts

This happens every time I start the game after having completely exiting a previous session. Both long ships and my lieutenant reset their cosmetics.

• Kormac67
    622 posts

My JV is fixed, but now first my normal ship reset to default, and today my river raid ship.
    Also both ships often display only a few of the shields, the others are just missing.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 42 posts

Greetings Vikings! I am very sorry to hear that your Longship customizations are being reset. Could you both please try to verify your game files to see if that makes a difference at all for you?

If this issue persists, could you please try to take a video of when this happens and then upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and provide me with the link to further look into this for you? Thank you so much!

Official Response
  • RCDeschene
    19 posts

@kormac67 Exactly my issue. My lieutenant is now working exactly as intended, but it seemed to have botched the longships in the process.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics