ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BurtMaclin.GOAT
    Original poster 3 posts

Is it possible to prevent my teammates/randoms from looking at my loadout/inventory?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@burtmaclin-fbi

Why would you want that?

• BurtMaclin.GOAT
    Original poster 3 posts

@aspoiu It just annoys me when people I'm playing with, randoms or not, look at my loadout and start making suggestions on how to "fix" it.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@burtmaclin-fbi

Wow! Everyday there is something new... That never happened to me. I like to check out others builds, but never crossed my mind to make unsolicited suggestions.
    And no, there isn't a way to hide your loadout.
    Simply ignore them, or block the ones that annoy you too much.

• BurtMaclin.GOAT
    Original poster 3 posts

@aspoiu oh well. maybe they'll add that to farmland/Division 3 or whatever they call it. Thanks.

• N3mB0t
    931 posts
    @aspoiu It just annoys me when people I'm playing with, randoms or not, look at my loadout and start making suggestions on how to "fix" it.

how about posting a pic of your build so we can tell you what to do to fix it?

JK😀

but seriously , some people are probably trying to help you , its not easy to know what you are doing in this game without a large bit of knowledge , dont take those advices so harshly , they might be very beneficial to your enjoyment of the game.

• tcarlisle2012
    183 posts

Rather than call for a development change, perhaps it might be better to take the opportunity to diplomatically tell others to mind their own bee's wax?

I get it though, I really do. Because that has been my experience playing with people I don't know very well. It can be miserable playing with others, and in my view it is rooted in (my anecdotal observation) that the majority who play video games in a team setting, most have a serious problem with actually being part of a team.

Its a control issue. A lot of the player base just wants to tell you exactly how they want you to play. What your build is, what you playstyle is, etc. And either way, whether you try to appease them or not, when the game kicks the teams [censored], it will be pointed out that it is all your fault.

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts

If someone tells me to change my gear/build i tell them to go and change their nappy 😆

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Huh, outside of the raid (which is fair enough), I don't think I've ever had a rando critique my build. Then again, I never have audio chat enabled either 👀

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

Something new every day. 🙂 I specifically recall that inspecting players was a highly requested feature during the Division 1 days.

I understand the reasoning for not wanting to show it all the time, but in PvP situations I think it's only fair you get to see what your opponent is equipping, maybe in raids too

• DadKev
    6 posts

I wouldn't raid with anyone I didn't know unless I could see their build.

• BT3241
    131 posts

I have to agree there is nothing more annoying than people telling you what your build should be - take this as a hint - no one wants your advise.

Now if a player asks for help that's a different story. The only talk in battle should be about the battle itself . I disable the mic of those people or just leave.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@dadkev

So, you see their build, and then what?

• Oatiecrumble
    612 posts
    @dadkev

So, you see their build, and then what?

He pulls their underpants down 😳

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@oatiecrumble

Hmm, couldn't find any underpants to buy with my pile of useless textiles, so that could be a serious problem.
    And this is why I don't play Raid, no underpants.

• Hazard.Headshot
    10 posts

@aspoiu there is a very good reason and another thing that proves that PvP needs to be more carefully looked at.

There are leaderboards in PvP, ones where u can find good players, others can simply scroll down the list looking at, observing every build, learning from it but build making in this game isnt so cut and cry as many people think, its very intricate.

Many people have come up with such unique builds that it almost seems like its their intellectual property, might sound silly but it sucks when u put together a masterpiece only for a bunch of players in the ensuing days to inspect it copy it and then u see your hard made smart build used by randos.

Build making is a skill, allowing anyone to inspect at any time is not cool.

On the contrary allowing us to inspect builds has allowed the playerbase to better adjust, or even to expose the use of a broken item etc or if the guy is suss the hallmarks of a cheater build (yes cheaters run certain builds/talents because its what makes their cheat work)

When i enter a server i need not to fight a few people to learn what they are using, i can just go to social and see what everyones using right off the bat, IMO this should be stopped

Inspecting a build should come as a reward for interacting with such a player, be able to hide from group members.

if you fight a player over several deaths more and more of the build should reveal itself as a kind of reward for staying, if you want to learn from someone you should have to spend time with them, not just click a button then copy paste.

I like the feature, it needs to return but not be so open and available as it it now in The Division 2.

Thats my opinion anyway - Cryptonomous +70000 SHD kills on PC.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Many people have come up with such unique builds that it almost seems like its their intellectual property, might sound silly but it sucks when u put together a masterpiece only for a bunch of players in the ensuing days to inspect it copy it and then u see your hard made smart build used by randos.

Yes, this is a silly attitude. Just because someone knows what your build is doesn't mean they can replicate it easily, or know how to use it as effectively. The grind is real.

• Hazard.Headshot
    10 posts

@dagrommit this is true but the template is 80% of the work, and people can learn fast.

Also its not just about copying but its about countering it, why should they be able to look at your build then switch to a counter right before a fight? Or maybe you havent had this situation happen because u play against NPCs who dont do such things.

If everyone on spawn inspected the enemy and switched to a direct counter it would turn into a kill die kill die kill die simulator.

People have to figure out things by themselves, not be spoonfed.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Also its not just about copying but its about countering it, why should they be able to look at your build then switch to a counter right before a fight?

Aside from the social menu only revealing nearby agents (as opposed to everyone on the server), anyone using it is putting themselves at a disadvantage in the event another agent comes across them. It also doesn't help when there are multiple agents in the area with different builds. And what's wrong with countering someone? If someone is such an original thinker, they will have multiple builds to counter others. Rock, paper, scissors.

[edit] LOL, just saw your saltiness in the pvp/skills thread, and I'm out. Some of you guys take this waaay too seriously. Thank god the game doesn't track k/d ratios because the salt would be sky high.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

No it's not possible. I wouldn't trust what it showed me anyway to be honest. It's buggy as hell.

Suggested Topics