ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OBu42
    Original poster 222 posts

I just got a notification that @Ubi-Milky has moved the thread collecting feedback about the new form.

When I click on the notification, I end up on a page telling me that I do not have access to the content.

I hope that this is an internal section of the forum and I really hope that the huge amount of work invested in collecting all those bugs is not wasted.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• VulgarOne
    13 posts

Probably censorship. Though I just logged in and posting from my Linux (Gentoo) Workstation. What a difference from the Windblows version. Have no idea why the windblows version is different and so bad. But from now on will be logging in from my Linux workstation. I only use windblows for gaming nothing else. I use either Chromium or Vivaldi for browser, both are the same core engine, have no idea why the big difference and great improvement with the Linux version.

• VulgarOne
    13 posts

@vulgarone I just looked at notifications, someone posted in that thread, the link is a dead end.

I was pretty harsh on them in my post. But now realize the primary reason for all the issues is due to Windows. Using my Linux box is a Big Improvement. Windows is always manipulating things, they need to take a look at what is going on there. I think the issue might be that windows manipulates the browser to mimic desktop theme. Which interferes with how the forum/website looks. Not all websites or forums get manipulated. But this one most certainly does. Therefore depending upon the theme and or desktop layout a user has set in windows will manipulate and change how this forum looks and works.

They need to block windows from changing the layout and look of this forum.

• Ubi-Fanch
    Community Developer 18 posts

@obu42

Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion, the feedback thread has been moved to another sub-forum.
    You can read and continue to participate here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99566/thoughts-on-the-new-forums?lang=en-GB&_=1626700169165

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Cpt.KNT
    8 posts

@ubi-fanch

Nope, when I click on your link I'm hit with a "You seem to have stumbled upon a page that you do not have access to."

• OBu42

@cpt-knt

Nope, when I click on your link I'm hit with a "You seem to have stumbled upon a page that you do not have access to."

which I was already mentioning in my initial post - seems like @Ubi-Fanch did not read the whole message...

• OBu42

Oh, something changed, we (or at least I) now seem to have access. Thx.

(posting this here one more time just for the completeness of this thread.
    For all interested: The topic is now here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99566/thoughts-on-the-new-forums?lang=en-US)

Suggested Topics