Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    402 posts

@aspoiu I am responding to the last sentence of his comment - i.e. the implication that the CM team don't already have to deal with "raw" reactions. I made no comment about the argument that Ubi as a whole is a bit of a mess. This is well known by now https://kotaku.com/first-it-was-an-assassins-creed-expansion-now-its-ubis-1847326742

• Adrian-11
    457 posts

@dagrommit

Sorry, that wasn't exactly clear.
    Thanks for the link. No surprise there, at least is laid out now.
    I think Ubi has some good studios and creative people. The problem is at exec level, it seems the entire C-suite is made of amateurs at best.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@aspoiu This is exactly what I meant, despite the misinterpretation of Dagrommit(who was known for exactly that sort of thing on the old forums).

However, the entire idea that CMs have to "trawl through toxic nonsense" I take issue with. First: It's their job, and no one is holding a gun to their head to do it. Second: Not all of it is "toxic nonsense". How many times has respectful, well-written, well considered, experienced feedback been ignored?

The entire point of my post was that it's about time both companies and customers stop playing this game of trying to sanitize feelings towards products. When a game or piece of software doesn't work, or a product is faulty, both sides need to recognize that for what it is. Consumers need to stop making excuses for it(and stop paying for it), and companies need to stop pretending that it's ok to release it in a broken state.

You're correct that CMs shouldn't have to deal with "toxic nonsense". But the lion's share of that "toxic nonsense" wouldn't exist if the product itself wasn't bursting at the seams with failure. And paying a CM(almost certainly not enough) to smooth things over rather than actually fixing the source of the problem is a bad solution. Customers being "respectful" about those failures instead of shining the spotlight on them doesn't help anything either. Customers SHOULD be angry about those problems, and SHOULD generate a stink about them until it's fixed.

I'm 110% done accepting apologist crap for giant corporations that want respect, but clearly don't reciprocate it towards their consumers.

• dagrommit
    402 posts
    However, the entire idea that CMs have to "trawl through toxic nonsense" I take issue with. First: It's their job, and no one is holding a gun to their head to do it. Second: Not all of it is "toxic nonsense". How many times has respectful, well-written, well considered, experienced feedback been ignored?

Ah, the "I get to abuse them because they're paid to be abused" argument. Aside from demonstrating a sense of entitlement and lack of simple empathy, it ignores that the CM team don't get to decide what feedback gets actioned. There's a difference between saying "XYZ feature sucks" and "you (in the proverbial sense) suck". Enough people saying the first gets action (e.g. gear score increase, Gear 2.0, loot quality, rainbow rolls, M1A nerf and rollback). Resorting to the second just gets your "feedback" ignored.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts
    Ah, the "I get to abuse them because they're paid to be abused" argument. Aside from demonstrating a sense of entitlement and lack of simple empathy, it ignores that the CM team don't get to decide what feedback gets actioned. There's a difference between saying "XYZ feature sucks" and "you (in the proverbial sense) suck". Enough people saying the first gets action (e.g. gear score increase, Gear 2.0, loot quality, rainbow rolls, M1A nerf and rollback). Resorting to the second just gets your "feedback" ignored.

What part of my post is abuse? This is why I put you on ignore back on the old forums. And after this post, you're there again. Giving honest, unfiltered responses that are highly critical of blatantly broken content and products is not abuse. Quote me where I personally called out any specific CM or went after their personal behavior. I did not say "Ubilucipus, you suck!" or any other form of that. In fact, I even went out of my way to point out how much it sucks that front line CMs such as Lucipus have to bear the brunt of the reactions that I described.

I'm sorry, but whatever it is that you think my intent was is not that. And this is the last time I'll ever respond to you. You've proven time after time that you have zero intention of discussing anything in good faith, and continuously show that all you ever want to do is twist the intent to seek fault so you can take a crap on whoever you're responding to. You want to talk about toxic behavior, but you're the biggest culprit of that particular offense.

Good day sir, and I hope I never see you again.

• dagrommit
    402 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

@Sircowdog1 and @dagrommit, please remember to abide by the forum rules when posting here on the forums. The ongoing discussion you are having is growing increasingly provocative and negative, and has been brought to our attention via the flagging system. Please do not continue in this manner, and remember to respect each other and all other users here on Discussions. We want this to be a positive and engaging space for all of our players to interact with each other. Thank you.

To address the original topic of this thread briefly, it should be possible for everyone to access the following forum feedback spaces -

Ubi-Lucipus has also created the following thread within this General Discussion section for feedback to be shared, should there be any issues with the formal sections above. Please utilise these to share any additional feedback you have on the Discussions forums themselves, and how we can improve them.

I'll lock this thread now, but please don't hesitate to reach out to us elsewhere. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics