Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 60 posts

This new forum looks good but it has made the biggest problem with the old forums worse... authentication. It NEVER remembers me and I have to login multiple times to get it to work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@virtual-chris Yeah, I get real tired of that problem. And it gets magnified 10x on mobile, where the stupid forum feels it's necessary to reload the entire F**CKING page 5 times every time you change to a new thread. And logging in on mobile is a nightmare.

• the_Kettle
    43 posts

Here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/679?lang=en-GB I agree these are a huge pain to navigate on mobile, everything's really slow and half the time when I tap on a thread link it takes me to a different thread, as if the engine hasn't caught up with the visible display.

• dagrommit
    101 posts

Funnily enough, a visit to the old forum (where I'm still logged in) fixes the login problem here. This is on firefox, but YMMV.

• tcarlisle2012
    34 posts

I have not seen these problems. My first thoughts would be around other plugin/extensions that might be interfering. Someone or something clearing site data, etc.

• chicagolongball
    2 posts

It's horrible. Slow, wonky and on mobile it covers the text I'm typing with my online keyboard. The old forums we're 10000000x's better. These suck.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@tcarlisle2012 My first thoughts would be to not have a half-baked set of forums foisted on us.

• moesuvious
    4 posts

@sircowdog1 yeah, this forum makes little sense as far as upgrades go. I dont think i like a single thing about it better. Def get tired of logging in.

• the_Kettle
    43 posts
    Here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/679?lang=en-GB I agree these are a huge pain to navigate on mobile, everything's really slow and half the time when I tap on a thread link it takes me to a different thread, as if the engine hasn't caught up with the visible display.

I copied this link over from the ubi response to a similar request in the Player Support forum, but didn't actually think to try it until now, I get an 'access denied' error, so I guess we don't have a specific place to put forum issues yet.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 60 posts

The sad thing is, the old forums were the worst I’ve ever used on the Internet’s... Until this! It’s mind boggling that they actually found something worse. Although I’m certain it’s mostly Ubisoft’s auth solution.

• qapnugget
    20 posts

This forum software is terrible. Would be better to have poster's name and avatar beside to the left of posts like pretty much every other forum software out there and better font like Verdana size 10

I mean look at forums from other websites that look more clean.

MacRumours
    Overclockers
    Eurogamer
    Suprbay

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager 24 posts

Thanks for raising your points in regards to the new forum.

We are of course open to your feedback and suggestions so do keep sharing those, I believe there's been a link shared by another community member where you can share more 😊

Official Response
  • tcarlisle2012
    34 posts

@sircowdog1 It wasn't my decision.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 60 posts

@ubi-lucipus That link isn't working. Irony?

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@virtual-chris "Access denied".

Ubisoft is such a clown show.

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager 24 posts

@sircowdog1 I don't know the reason why you can't access that link, my apologies. However, I don't think that we deserve to be called clowns for it, these things happen. Please be respectful.

Because I see there's a desire to have a dedicated space for this kind of feedback I've created a thread here where you can submit your thoughts, feedback & issues encountered. Again, please be respectful when giving us this feedback.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Sircowdog1
    77 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@ubi-lucipus With all due respect, Ubisoft as a company has been acting in a pretty ridiculous manner for quite awhile. And while I appreciate that specific individuals on the front line aren't responsible, the overall appearance and behavior of the company as a whole has done very little to reinforce ANY sort of player-friendly attitude or practice.

Throw on top of that an absolute failure to provide anything meaningful for Division players for almost a year, along with what amounts to basically planning to ghost the entire community about the end of the game.... how exactly do you think we, as players and customers, are supposed to remain respectful in the face of such actions?

I'm sorry, but no. It sucks that you're the CM that has to deal with this, but your company and its actions get exactly the kind of reaction it deserves. If you want players and customers to respect and act civilly, then by all means maybe kick it up the chain of command that they should go first. Until then, you might want to google the phrase: "Garbage in, garbage out". And quite honestly, I think it would do you some good to hear raw unfiltered reactions instead of sanitized "respectful" responses.

• dagrommit
    101 posts

@sircowdog1 You might want to consider that these are human beings too. CM teams have to trawl through toxic nonsense all the time. Aside from official forums, they keep an eye on youtube, reddit, twitter etc - platforms where they have no control, and not exactly known for rational discourse.

At least on here, the group of regulars is small enough that you can occasionally get a response. Yet you want to resort to name calling? JFC.

• Aspoiu
    112 posts

@dagrommit

Your comment is beside the point. The CowDog called out (and called names) the company and its behavior. He made it VERY clear it was not about individuals, certainly not the ones trying to help with the forum.

And I agree, Ubi's behavior, choices and pretty much everything else seem part of a slow-moving but inexorable down spiral.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics