ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

I have tried re-mapping keys, changing horns, no horn, no matter what I do. The horn stays on during a race. Returning to freedrive the horn stops, but if a waypoint is set, then the horn starts again.

Apparently there was an update for PC. As the map button is now working, and can modify parts now, could do neither previously. I have no idea why this game is so buggy 3 years after release. I first purchased via steam, but after not getting any support, asked for a refund, and purchased directly from Ubisoft. In the hope that there might be better support. Still waiting for refund from steam not holding my breath. Purchased game money, but it was never applied to the game, went to my steam wallet. Apparently steam & ubisoft are incapable of working together. There is absolutely no support for this game on steam, from steam or ubisoft, never received a reply from numerous contacts to support, forum post's went unanswered. Hence the reason I purchased directly from ubisoft.

I had not posted previously, was waiting for next update to see what happens. It is better now that the map works and can actually modify parts. But that horn blasting all the time is really annoying.

Is there anyway to get the horn to stop? I have checked all keys on keyboard & buttons on my wheel. None are stuck, if one was, then it would also be blasting in freedrive. Since the horn starts after setting a waypoint, it is clearly some sort of bug.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

@vulgarone Ok it is not just setting a waypoint. It is simply open the map, and return to car and horn is blasting. This is really annoying as I cannot find any method to turn the dam horn off. It is really ruining gameplay. Apparently devs did not beta test it prior to releasing patch. How they could miss such a thing, open map and get horn, start race get horn.

MY EAR'S ARE BLEEDING PLEASE HELP ME TURN IT OFF OR PATCH IT !

• VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

@vulgarone Really no reply from Ubisoft Support?

This is horrible, it is unplayable with the dam horn blasting constantly. I have paid good money for the product, it is defective. It is customary for ethical business's to provide support for the products they sell. Apparently Ubisoft management has a problem with ethical behavior, which is apparently why a 3 year old product is so buggy.

Really not one representative from Ubisoft is able to reply in the support section?
    Not even the smallest effort to provide support?

Not even a suggestion about how the horn can be turned off, as I doubt any kind of patch is going to be released to fix the problem any time soon. I guess I just wasted $70 (purchased $50 in in-game funds) because I am not going to play this game with the horn constantly blasting. I really do not want to have to file a complaint with the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division, every state has one. But if Ubisoft is not going to provide for any kind of support of any kind. Then what choice do we PAYING Customers have?

Rather than discounting the price of the game to bring in new paying customers. Perhaps Ubisoft should look at providing support that will improve paying customer retention. No matter what the game costs, if it is so buggy that it cannot be played. Customer retention is going to suffer severely. It cost's less to retain existing customers than it does to find new ones who will leave after the novelty wears off and reality sets in.

• OBu42
    217 posts

@vulgarone

Well, I heard of many bugs, but this one seems to be new. Does the problem also occur when you are using a controller or just a keyboard? Just trying to narrow things down a bit...

• VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

@obu42 I use a keyboard & one hand game board with steering wheel with 3 pedals (logitech G29) with an H shifter, but do not use the shifter, just leave it on auto trans. I also use CH Products Combat Stick joystick for aircraft.

Prior to the last update, the map did not open via bound keyboard key or any button on the steering wheel. I had to esc then select vehicle and click on performance to get the map to open. After the update bound map key & button work, clicking on vehicle performance now takes me to where it should. It is obvious that this game, like all PC games that started out as PC only, not sure if crew as pc only. But when the games are changed to incorporate console controllers, the PC controllers get screwy, and are never the same again.

Right now, cannot connect to ubisoft connect. Hopefully they are doing an update. When crew 2 first came out on Steam, tried the trial, but was so buggy decided to wait. Now 3 years later, took advantage of the sale on steam, no support real buggy, constant crashes. Decided to purchase directly from Ubisoft, same bugs, same no support, but crashes less frequent. With both the steam & ubisoft version F9 F10 did not work prior to the recent update. Both forums with posts from paying customers having issues, no replies from Ubisoft. Probably should have waited another 3 years.

Wish they would allow to custom bind every thing, like esc, and a couple others. Gets annoying to have to reach out and hit esc on the keyboard when I should be able to simply bind a key on the steering wheel. Then there is no TrackIR support. Crew 2 is like the only racing game in existence without TrackIR, we were using trackir 15 years ago in Aces High a CFS.

• VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

@vulgarone What is up with this cannot edit nonsense.

Great timing on Ubisoft Connect Being Down on a Friday Night. I have already seen as many times down and more crashes in 17 days with Crew 2 than I have seen in 21 years of online play with Aces High. Not a very good sign. Probably the reason I have only 1 Ubisoft game after having been a member for 17 years.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Hello @vulgarone,

I'm sorry to hear about your previous experiences, and also that you're experiencing these horn and crashing issues. When did you first notice this horn issue start to occur for you?

Official Response
  • VulgarOne
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-mercury Apparently things have gone back to the way they were. Keys & Buttons bound to the the map no longer work again. Have to hit ESC then vehicle then performance which then goes to the map. Fortunately the blasting horn is no longer blasting. F9 & F10 did not work, then did work when the map bound key/button worked. I will have to go see if the F9 & F10 key have reverted back to the way they were like getting to the map via esc, vehicle, performance. When the map key/button was working I could customize the vehicle performance addon's. But now that the map key/button does not work again, cannot customize performance addons.

The horn thing started a couple days prior to my initial post. Apparently there was an update. Apparently another update has returned things to the way they were. Not the best method to get to the map having to hit esc and click on vehicle then performance, but an improvement from having the horn constantly blast.

It is apparent to me that the key bindings, game, user interface has been designed to facilitate console controller users. Those of us with Steering Wheels, Pedals, Flight Joystick, Keyboard, Trackball/Mouse are second citizens. It shows because in every other game, besides having a primary bind, there is also a secondary bind. Which allows people with Keyboards, that also use Steering Wheels, Flight Joystick's etc. To have things bound to the keyboard and what ever device that is also being used. Crew 2 only allows the ability to bind to one thing, while some things are hard set, unable to change the binding. Since the enter key is used so much, I would really like to be able to bind the enter/return key to a button on my steering wheel, but that is not possible. Plus the hints of which button to push keeps changing, starts with what the default is, then when I push that key/button it changes to what I have bound it to.

I have also found that for aircraft things like Extreme & NItrous do not work bound to a Flight Joystick. Also the bindings clear out and have to keep rebinding.

I have been playing PC games since 1981. All I know is that ever since PC games have been ported to gaming consoles, or gaming console games brought to PC. The PC player has nothing but trouble with controls. I have stopped playing PC games that moved to the console, simply because everything gets dumb'd down and control's are never the same again, completely hosed. Crew 2 displays exactly what I have experienced time & time again.

It is a reals shame, as Crew 2 has the potential to be a great game. Yet 3 years after release, to still have so many issues, combined with lack of company support in both the Ubisoft & Steam forums, is evidence that it is not going to get better.

I am simply going to write off the purchase as a loss. Like so many games I have wasted my money on over the past 40 years. Your welcome to my financial support, but you will not be getting anymore. I am simply not going to support a company that fails to provide basic support for it's paying customers. Fool me once your fault, fool me twice my fault. Considering I decided to not purchase after the initial release, due to so many bugs, and there being so many now 3 years later. Well I know better, I have better things to do than waste my time attempting to get support, bye bye.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2268 posts

I really appreciate you being so comprehensive about your feedback here, @vulgarone - it sounds like you've had a frustrating time, and it's really unfortunate you're not looking to play The Crew 2 anymore.

If you change your mind, please be sure to have a look at our troubleshooting guide, and in particular make sure to verify your game files, make sure your OS is up to date, and reinstall any supporting drivers or software you've got running. If you do try that, I'd appreciate you letting me know if this improves the controls setup for you at all.

You mentioned using a flight stick - it'd be really helpful if you could also tell me which model of flight stick that is, just for our notes 🙂

If you do come back to the game, please consider getting in touch more directly with our support teams, as they'll be able to help you gather some support files you can send over to us to help us diagnose the problem. You'll find links below for those teams, and here's our article describing those support files, too.

Let me know if you've any further thoughts or questions at all.

Official Response

Suggested Topics