Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 87 posts

Credit where credit is due to Ubisoft Toronto. Watch Dogs Legion was poorly optimised at launch so you know what the devs did? They delayed all DLC and additional content until the fundamentals were fixed FIRST. For the most part they have fixed the game breaking issues and only the annoying little glitches remain. Ubisoft Quebec, naturally, released a polished game in Immortals Fenyx Rising. The same can’t be said for Ubisoft Montreal who is rigidly sticking to whatever roadmap they had planned regardless of whether or not it’s ready.

Valhalla is mechanically broken. The stealth is abysmal. We’ve been saying this since November. Enemies are spotting you from miles away. Their detection meter doesn’t even fill the bar before you’re instantly caught, let alone reaching the two other stages of detection. Assassinating someone auto triggers detection for some reason which means chain assassination is a no no. Enemies can detect you even if their back is towards you. Why has this not been fixed since November? Are we too busy worrying about cosmetic microtransactions in the live store to actually work on the game??? Priorities!!!

It’s bad enough that you’re not fixing the stealth but then why are you ADDING mastery challenge content when you KNOW the game still has a ton of issues. Either fix the stealth and dumb A.I. OR don’t add the challenges. I wouldn’t even care but there are trophies related to getting gold on them. To be clear, I haven’t even started the challenges but I KNOW they are a nightmare based on player reports and because I’ve just endured the Wrath of the Druids DLC which is a reminder of how bad the core mechanics are. Not only is the stealth virtually impossible but you’ve added “King’s plea” optional objectives around it which is a laughable attempt to copy the optional constraints from the old games. It doesn’t even make sense in context (why would the king ask that you don’t take damage?) I replayed Revelations this year and it’s amazing how mechanically polished that game is in comparison to Valhalla. A game from 2011 lol. Everything just works, from the stealth to the parkour.

Also, I platinumed Valhalla on PS4 and returned on the PS5 to play Wrath of the Druids. The auto popping of trophies is STILL not fixed which meant I had to get the platinum on PS5 again by reloading some old saves which took almost 20 hours to do so. Watch Dogs Legion and Immortals Fenyx Rising does not support auto popping either but the difference is their dev teams aren’t running around pretending that they do! That means we know what to expect and in the case of Immortals Fenyx Rising can PLAN out our double platinums with some strategic manual saves. What is the point of Ubisoft Connect and all the achievements it tracks if it can’t be used to auto pop trophies??? On top of that there are bugs in the DLC like cairn challenges not allowing you to interact with them. Again, non interactable activities is something that was reported back at launch – why has this still not been fixed? Yes, we know there is a reload old save workaround but the point is we shouldn’t HAVE to do that!!!

Lastly, I believe it was the poster pesto who mentioned this but stop asking us to make videos! By now you have enough videos and reports over the course of 8 months to replicate the bugs yourself. It won’t be hard given the amount in the game. If players are telling you they can’t progress in a mission and how, believe them. Stop stalling.

To be clear, this is not a “player request”. This is a customer demand. I’ve paid money for this miserable game (against my better judgement) so bugs and performance issues are NOT acceptable. It’s a joke that Cyberpunk could get temporarily removed from the PS store and Valhalla is allowed to remain there.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

I can certainly understand a lot of that frustration, mate. The technical aspect of the game has been anger-inducing but I think what truly makes players angry is the way Ub. Montreal has been handling them.

1. When so many base-game (I must emphasize "base" game) content needs polishing, the studio still pushes add-ons, and sometimes they create new technical issues.
    2. All that microtransactions and reskinned items are keeping coming out, showing that the studio values money more than the quality of their product (I NEVER pay for them as a result)
    3. They keep asking for videos and screenshots; it infuriates me sometimes - the studio itself should know better than any player about the mechanics and quests. (To illustrate, they want videos to show the settlement is always raining at launching the game, but really, just what can be proved and shown by a video like that? Is the always-raining issue not simple enough for the dev. team to understand what is happening?)
    4. It takes the studio SO LONG to fix some of the seemingly easy issues.
    5. New patches almost always creates new problems.

A lot of the gameplay mechanic changes, I can put up with them as I understand each new game in a franchise can be a little different than the previous ones, no matter they are good or bad.

I bought the game Day 1 so I had no way to know that there were so many issues. Still, thankfully I was able to 1000G and complete all base-game quests, so I do not have too much of a problem with Ubi. Montreal this time. But I truly hope the studio can reflect on all this.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 87 posts

@imaginaryruins Yeah, all of these points is pretty much what I was trying to say although your post is more concise 🙂 btw did they really ask for a video of it raining the settlement? Ridiculous lol

• jacqulina
    2 posts

@animuslover im sorry but i have to disagree with the stealth and assassination part of your post.there is nothing wrong.i have tried every assassination possible the only one cant do is double blade,cause no double.i have over 8000 assassination kills so far.im not sure why some players are having trouble.

• MarkusMouM
    1 posts

@jacqulina wow, you must be trolling🤣 really funny, lol. Almost had me there for a second, but then I thought, he can’t possibly be for real. He just can’t🤣 this game is bad, I have uploaded loads of clips on YouTube. The mastery dlc challenges are the absolute worst. The enemies spawning outside the map so you can’t get gold, headshot doesn’t count half the time even though there clearly headshot🥴 enemies kill them selves so you can’t get gold and have to restart. Imagine having to get 28 headshots and every time you shot it’s literally a coin toss. So yeah, I actually don’t believe you are serious🤣

• show_stoppa
    52 posts

@animuslover I dont understand why it has to be one or the other. Why is new content not welcomed? Should the devs fix issues, definitely, should every single new content piece be delayed until every last person has every single thing fixrd, I dont think so. They should keep with the new content schedule while also focusing on issues. Most studios, especially as big as Ubisoft have multiple teams, so the team working on the bugs could be, and likely is, totally different than the team working on new content.

I agree with you on the trophies part as I still havent been able to get all my trophies transferred over from PS4 to PS5, which I don't know will ever happen or not.

As for the mastery challenges, I actually really enjoyed them. I got gold in all of them (except 2 hunters where I had silver) when the mode came out. The assassination challenges were super fun and hard to get gold on and required alot of planning. River raids were the ones which I wasnt too excited about, but I can see why some people would like that due to mindless hack and slash.

• Freestepper
    111 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Freestepper
    111 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Freestepper
    111 posts

@imaginaryruins

They keep asking for videos and screenshots; it infuriates me sometimes - the studio itself should know better than any player about the mechanics and quests. (To illustrate, they want videos to show the settlement is always raining at launching the game, but really, just what can be proved and shown by a video like that? Is the always-raining issue not simple enough for the dev. team to understand what is happening?)

Yea, this annoys me too. If they simply played the game, they would easily run into bugs we are reporting. And as you said, simply describing the bug is many time a self-explanatory. And i keep repeating that this was the last game i bought on day one. If they want me to beta test the game (which is what we are basically doing), then they should pay me. Then i can waste my time by recording videos or taking screenshots of glitches, etc... But if i paid good money for the game, i just want the entertainment i paid for, not working for free for them.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics