Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello!

Missing music & ship songs don't seem to be known issues, but we can investigate.

Would it be possible to provide short videos, showing your in-game audio settings & the issue itself?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • brunky4cereal
    1 posts

@ubi-raziel undefined I am having the same issue with the noticeable lack of contextual music. These are my settings. If it matters, I am playing on the Xbox Series X.

• Ubi-Raziel

@brunky4cereal Hey! That is very helpful, thank you.

Would a short video presenting the issue perhaps be possible?

Official Response
  • maskedmenace93
    1 posts

I'm playing on the Series X as well and I've noticed a lack of music during cutscenes and story sections of the game. Very frustrating as it makes the game super awkward as these scenes are just pin drop silent... Please look into this Ubi.

• eivor2
    1 posts

Same for me, no combat, exploration, or cutscene music, the only partial fix I have found temporarily is too reload the game, but this only works for a couple hours at most before it cuts out again. I'm trying to link a video, but it says I need "special permissions" to do that

• CzarliONpl
    2 posts

@maskedmenace93

Same. At XSX after reaching England there is no music (soundtrack) in gameplay (almost 5 hours!).

There was no problem in Norway.

• Relkan
    2 posts

Same here - how on earth does an issue like this go unfixed through all the testing? It's my biggest disappointment with the game. Unfortunately, it makes dramatic scenes seem flat. To be clear, the music can be heard, but it's very very quiet. The only workaround seems to be disabling the music in game and playing the soundtrack via Spotify, which is rediculous for a AAA game

• Legalweapwn
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel

Same problem here as well. On the series X, since last patch there has been no music at all for two whole story arcs.

• Ayser47
    7 posts

@ubi-raziel This should be a known issue, if you want to reproduce the issue simply find a Zealot and bask in the absolute silence of that encounter. There's also no ambient music at all after the patch. You can see for yourself simply by fast travelling to ravensthorpe, the settlement ambient music doesn't play at all now.

Settings are exactly the same as the person above me, music frequency is set to high as well. Please fix this, it kills the intensity of fights and renders them extremely awkward.

• Annaire
    1 posts

I have the audio frequency option in the game turned up on high, and it's not unusual for me to play an hour and only hear about 5 minutes of music the entire time. What gives? It sucks a lot of ambience out of the game to be wandering around in complete silence.

At this point i've resorted to using the Witcher 3 soundtrack in the background.

It seems a shame because when the music does play in the game it's quite good.

Is there some file I can modify to increase the frequency of music, or is this something that has to be fixed in a patch?

• coolstijn
    1 posts

Restarting my ps4 fixed this bug

• VampireKitty109
    1 posts

I am also having this issue on PC. My settings are the same as the other player and I haven't heard any music yet and my request for songs from my crew is ignored. How rude!

I have found reddit posts complaining of the same issue.

• i7kX_HoeNiR
    3 posts

@vampirekitty109 I'm playing on Xbox Series S and I have this problem where no music plays in game at all. Only menu music plays and that's it. As of right now I'm at aprox. 20h game (all after v1.0.4) and no more than 5 minutes of music even tho my settings in Music Frequency is at High... it's totally kills the vibe.

Also, yes, Reddit has a post with 2600+ upvotes from a week ago (and others with the same subject but less interactions) bringing this issue up but it isn't even listed to the Known Issues thread in the forums.

• CzarliONpl
    2 posts

Hello Ubi! Any solution? Or you gonna leave us with this problem?

• PlainBlack
    1 posts

Had this problem on the Xbox Series X as well. Fixed it by changing the Graphics Mode to Quality. Not sure if that was the thing that did it, or just that the game fully reloaded when I changed the setting. I would try both if you’re experiencing this issue.

• i7kX_HoeNiR
    3 posts

I did try a lot of different things so I'm not sure what did the job, but I'm playing at Performance Mode with music on High and after "turning the game off and on again" ambient music now plays. I'm currently in England, maybe Norway is bugged and if you doesn't fully turn off the game - since Xbox has Quick Resume which keeps the game running on background when you turn the console off - it will keep silent.

• jesusalfn
    3 posts

@ubi-raziel I too have the same issue. Raida were fun with music. Just without it it is not as fun. Has there been a fix yet? Playing in xbox x series.

• raVageZA
    3 posts

I experience this issue as well.

• Music will get stuck in a continuous loop - have to exit to the main menu to reset it
    • Fight scene music and other encounter specific music doesn't play anymore, the Zealot encounters is a good example
    • Content specific music is not loading in when it should

It really detracts from the game. Music makes a big part of the encounters and gameplay immersion.

A fix would be welcome Ubisoft! Such a great game in any case! 🙂 Really love it.

• VENOML0RD
    6 posts

@surgebinder same here no background music (I listened to the ost on Spotify and its great but in game I didn't hear 1 song).
    I have the game set on high for audio and still nothing.

• Ubi-Raziel

Hello again everyone!

I'm very sorry for not returning to you sooner. Our discussions are very busy currently and we're working hard to reply to everyone.

At first I thought this issue to be specific to Xbox, however it seems some of you are also on PS4 and PC.

Our team has not experienced this at all in a testing environment therefore it's difficult to find the source of the issue. Would anyone be able to provide a short video showing both their in-game audio settings and the issue itself?

Thank you very much!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics