Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

@olivesarewin While we do not have a date on when this will be resolved, we should let everyone know when these updates occur! Just keep an eye on our patch notes and social media channels. Thanks so much for all of your patience on the matter.

Official Response
  • thomas23882010
    2 posts

@ubikobold

Hello,

Do we know when the this fix for the frequency of background/ambient music will be deployed? I thought it was in the latest patch but it is not specified. It has been about a month since you mentioned a fix would be released soon.

It is quite frustrating to play and only here sword clashes and grunting and yelling with the music sometimes. Usually just a bunch of exploring in quiet.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

@thomas23882010 Hey, and thank you for reaching back out about this. I can see that this should have been resolved in a previous patch. However, since you are still missing some background/ambient music would you be able to provide a recent video from your gameplay? Just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then provide me with the link here. Also, just to make sure, are you playing on PS4 or PS5?

Official Response
  • RecklessPanda
    10 posts

@ubikobold Hello,
    on PC it is also still missing. I am just wondering. There was nothing to found in the patch notes about music, just missing sfx. Is music treated as sfx? Maybe the fix just wasnt deplayed yet?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hey there @recklesspanda - I have checked the latest update we received on the report @UbiKobold was referring to, and as they mentioned, this issue was meant to have been fixed in a previous patch according to the information we have available to us.

If it is still an ongoing issue, we'll need videos showing this to reopen the investigation and provide evidence to the development team that they need to investigate the issue again. If you're able to provide a screen recording from your PC showing the issue persisting, I'll be happy to take a look at this and forward it to the development team for further investigation. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • thomas23882010
    2 posts

@ubikobold

Below is the link to the recording as requested. If you need another recording, let me know. It was my first time ever recording a video on console.

Also, I am playing on PS5.

• KapybaraSuomi
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I just yesterday installed the game again, after a break of 4 months in the hope that the bug is finally fixed. But still, when loading different saves and in different gameplay moments, I do not have any music at all. Neither background nor combat. I left a post on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/AssasinsCreedValhalla/comments/psqlh7/music_bug_in_assassins_creed_valhalla/), there is also a short video there (If necessary, I can upload it here by YT). I can make another video if you need to before uninstalling the game again. Using the Xbox Series S.
    It's a shame that while some are enjoying DLC:s, after half a year from the purchase of the game, I can't go through the main game.

• KapybaraSuomi
    2 posts

@thomas23882010 Yeah, exactly the same case as mine. No soundtrack other than the menu. And in the game, there is only specific short music when synchronization points are activated. Terribly disappointing.

• RecklessPanda
    10 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Hello,
    I will upload a Video, if I find the Time to do so. But nothing changed since the last patches, so this video is still up to date.

Funny enough, I have the Problems in Englaland and Nordvege, but riverraids work perfectly fine. When you finish a place in a raid, the music stops and you are supposed to go back to the ship, you are still able to fight enemys, which are left and stealth around. The fighting music and stealth music works perfektly fine and every time here. Maybe this helps.
    PS: I read about a Main Quest, where some people had the permanent drums playing after finishing it. Restarting the game fixed that. As I recall, this could be the time, where the ambience music vanished..

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 459 posts

@recklesspanda

Thanks for the info and video provided. We appreciate it.

Official Response
  • CyCzarn
    17 posts

In the menus it asks how often you want to hear the music, I put it too "high" but it barely ever plays. Ubisoft please, you have a great soundtrack in valhalla but I seldom get to hear it. Didn't we get a patch to fix this?

• TheNorfolkian
    516 posts

@cyczarn I second this... the one thing about AC games that always retains a high standard of quality is the music. We should be hearing more of Kyd’s, Schachner’s, and Selvik’s work at a greater frequency.

• CyCzarn
    17 posts

@thenorfolkian I'm seeing a post from February this year adressing this very same issue, and Ubisoft responded to them. So I guess they know about it and just don't care?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1831 posts

@cyczarn @TheNorfolkian I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this. According the development team this should have been fixed in the 1.3.1 update released this month, however we have received reports from other players that the issue is still occurring, therefore we have reopened the issue to be investigated again. I have also merged your post with this mega thread we have created.

Can you please provide a video as an example to show that there is no music playing.

@thomas23882010 @KapybaraSuomi Thanks for the videos provided, I have forwarded these on to the development team, along with your account details and saves so they can investigate this further.

@RecklessPanda Thanks for the video. I understand that you are experiencing the same issue, however we would require an updated example on the latest update if this is possible.

Official Response
  • vinnno10942
    1 posts

I have spoken with the Support team. They promised to investigate and give me a solution, I have asked for a refund and they do not allow it. It is really sad because I saved 9 months for this game and I cannot force myself to play through it without background music. I believe many other users are facing this issue and tried to voice out but still get no response. I searched this forum and there are people who complained about it 10 months ago. I hope Ubisoft can patch this game.

Problem I faced:
    Ever since I purchased the game. It has no background music at all. I thought this was intentional since I was in the beginner Island at Norway. 5 hours into the game I realized everything is so quiet, I only got sound effects such as the swinging axe, sound of walking/running and dialogues. (The dialogues are very loud, I can hear echos in their voice, it really hurts my ear). I wasted 3 days of my time trying to find a solution and now they said that they will investigate and give me a solution.

Vote this post if you faced the same problem and get them to do something about it!

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @vinnno10942,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I just checked it for you and according to the development team, this issue should've been resolved with TU 1.3.1. However, as we received additional reports, we reopened the investigation with the team.

Can you please confirm if your game is up to date? If so, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring along with a screenshot of your audio settings in-game, so we can pass it along?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Official Response
  • CyCzarn
    17 posts

@ubi-keo Thank you, but I play on console not sure how to post a video here. Just to add more details, the music will play in ravensthorpe but very rarely anywhere else.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1831 posts

@cyczarn Thanks for the update. With regards to a video if you can record it on your console then use the share feature available to upload it to YouTube, you can then paste the URL link here in the thread.

Official Response
  • CyCzarn
    17 posts

@ubi-keo I'll try to figure that out but to be honest I don't want a youtube channel. What am I suppose to record? There's no ambient music outside of combat so do you just want me to walk around a bit?

• RecklessPanda
    10 posts

@ubi-keo
    Heyho
    here is the video as wished. It don't show the missing random music in free roam, because that would be a 30 min video just running around and hearing nothing 😄

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics