ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Megodk
    1 posts

I have the same issue (on PC). Did the fishing quest with Tarben before building the fishing hut. Was able to fish there, not afterwards. I WAS able to fish in Vinland, though. I'm fairly deep into the story so I have no desire to start from the beginning just to make sure I build the fishing hut first.

• gavredking
    2 posts

I've got the same issue as pretty much everyone here, I'm on PS5.

Can't use the fishing line, have 145hrs in the game and everything done bar catching the fish and finishing that lake world event.

There's no way I'll be starting the game again for those trophies but it's unbelievably disappointing that it isn't sorted yet.

I can fish in Vinland but not anywhere else.

I've changed the character from Male/Female and loaded different maps, no fixes.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience, and in preventing you from achieving 100% completion.

I'd like to assure you that the development team is still looking into this issue further. We have been forwarding all of the reports that have been posted within this thread to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation. Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with us in this thread!

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation into the fishing line, including any news of a resolution. Once we have any new details to share with you all, they will be posted within this thread as soon as possible. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • DareYo87
    10 posts

@evanstonwitnes yes mate it’s annoying, games is literally out for so long and these bugs still exist.

• Jari1987
    5 posts

Assassins creed valhalla ps5

Fishing wont work. I cant fish. Why. It is on my selection wheel but i cant use it anywhere. Have try to do all thing to work this. Google says there are big bug with this. Pls fix this. 😑🤯

• Jari1987
    5 posts

Assassins creed valhalla ps5

Fishing wont work. I cant fish. Why. It is on my selection wheel but i cant use it anywhere. Have try to do all thing to work this. Google says there are big bug with this. Pls fix this. 😑🤯

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

Hello @jari1987! Are you unable to cast the line at all, or is something else preventing you from fishing? Also, did you remap any of the controls in Valhalla?

Official Response
  • Wascaliwabbit
    40 posts

@jari1987 did it used to work? have you built fishing hut?

• azullFR
    2036 posts

@jari1987

If you have already made the quest were you are fishing with Tarben before buildind the fishing hut you will have to wait for a fix of this day one issue ...
    More infos in this megathread :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100602/unable-to-use-the-fishing-line-post-here?lang=en-US

Good luck to you

• Jari1987
    5 posts

@azullfr problen is this. How in the hell this bug is still even here. XD

• Jari1987
    5 posts

@ubi-dino problem is like here. How the f ubisoft can fix this. https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100602/unable-to-use-the-fishing-line-post-here?lang=en-US
    Its like ubisoft dont care 😁

• Jari1987
    5 posts

@dareyo87 i got same problem. Ubisoft wont care.

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@jari1987 Same problem here currently stuck at some mystery that requires fishing, brother goblin fish, doubt it will be fixed any time soon since it’s been months close to a year, they say that are being worked on, but in reality making dlc’s and cash grabs to fill their store, instead of fixing the very fundamentals of the base game,I save often to avoid any conflicts towards my gameplay

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2304 posts

@dareyo87 @Jari1987 @Joeyortiz6 Hey! Rest assured this is still being looked into.

We do not have an update to share at this time, updates will be posted above on the link provided by Ubi-Borealis.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@joeyortiz6

my health runes started disapearing also, even if I buy from the shop few hours later or next login it’s just gone,

bet if the helix store was glitched with free items it would be fixed in the matter of days

• DareYo87
    10 posts

So guys apparently fishing line can be used when you travel to Vinland for a search for Gorm. Which was very surprising.

Hopefully I was thinking when I go back to England I can use it there too, but nope. Fishing line still unavailable.

Damn Tarben! this must be a punishment for having gay relationship and no fishing hut first 😆

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@dareyo87 never thought this game would have many bugs a year later, load a game save and I’m falling from the clouds to my death lol

Are your runes disappearing from your armor also ? Even inventory

• gavredking
    2 posts

@dareyo87 I can fish in Vinland but not anywhere else and the Brother Goblin is bugged out for me so I can't 100% the game due to the fishing line being bugged out in England/Norway.

It's ridiculous that game is still broken this far out from release but that's not going to change anytime soon.

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@gavredking another weapon pack in helix store but can’t fix fundamental mechanics that are aware of and get the same reply as always
    we are aware of the issue and developers are looking in to it lol for months now, while runes are disappearing and loads of stuff

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2118 posts

Hey everyone, I have just looked into this from my end and I'm afraid we don't have updates regarding this. I understand that this may not be the update that some of you were hoping for, and I want to apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused. I want to assure you that the team are still working hard on the issue and it's still currently under investigation.

Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics