ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DareYo87
    10 posts

Guys,

Do you have any tricks how to finish a fishing poem side quest, where you need to fish with a fishing line for little girl in a small lake, in order to “save her brother” ?

Location is the middle of Oxenforda and Leah Villa Garrison in Oxenfordscire.

I tried with a bow but I cannot trigger brother to come out of the bushes.

Any workarounds?

• DareYo87
    10 posts

@joeyortiz6 no mate, I don’t have any other problems except the fishing line. I did have some other bugs, but usually reloading did the trick.

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@dareyo87 tried everything for that pound, reload, quick save, took all equipment off couldn’t use fishing line, change genders, talk to hut kid, trigger tarben

then i murder the entire pound with bows still nothing but blood lol

• DareYo87
    10 posts

@joeyortiz6 hahahaha as one guy said: “ I swore to Odin that I won’t kill a child, but these two… ” 😂

The only side quest that i have left and apparently when you go back the little girl it’s just sitting, you cannot reload this side quest as usual.

So frustrating when you’re compulsive collector and I’m into 205 hours of playing…

Crying in Trophies 🏆

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@dareyo87 124+ hours, finished that country besides mystery, I’m on to Asgard but lost the urge to play but daily opal side missions, new game so far is only way to fix it unless we wait months to a year

• DareYo87
    10 posts

@joeyortiz6 I agree, it’s a vibe killer but the game is sooo good it’s pity that this is still a problem, I usually buy games after some time in order to avoid these bugs.

• Cg4328
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis is there ANY update? This issue has been open for well over a year and is no closer to being resolved.

Spending £50 on a game that is filled with bugs and doesn’t allow players to actually 100% complete it / achieve the trophies, then surely we should receive our money back / compensation?

This is pathetic. Can SOMEBODY give us an update rather than just saying “it’s being investigated”. Are your dev team / programmers just mugging us off?

• Bilhikus
    3 posts

Seen the big new patch come out today and thought at last I will get my fishing pole back (which I’ve only been able to use once in entire game) and be able to finish the side quest by the lake. Headed out to Oxenefordscire bow in hand, axe in the other in case the brother ever did show up. Five fish later gave up, still no fishing pole, no way to complete the side quest and after the fifth time she said “Your no help….”. I thought yep, she hit the nail on the head there.

• Joeyortiz6
    7 posts

@bilhikus such a disappointment, I’ve lost hope, here’s another cyber punk, game became a shopping mall with mediocre cosmetics

• Axl_Warlock
    1 posts

@ubi-gizmo where is fix?!?? New 1.4.2 Update - and this BIGGEST bug still exist! Many people suffer from this, especially on PS5!

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey everyone, I want to assure you that the team are still working on the issue. I want to apologize to you all for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience and understanding while the teams continue to work on resolving the issue. Should anyone have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response
  • vivid5dreams
    1 posts

@shod I’ve also been having an issue. I build the fishing hut and now I can’t fish anywhere at all, despite being able to fish with that potential love interest at the settlement.

• vanyaindigo
    2 posts

Hello,

Until now, after all the patches, I can not fish in the game. I can't select fishing through G, it's just not active https://imgur.com/a/xejqVlA

I have a standard layout, I did not change it. The only time I could go fishing was on a date with a baker in the village, when he gave Eivor a special fishing line and then took it back.

The problem is that I can't fish on PC. I don't have a fishing rod either. So there are several mysteries and quests (like fishing with Caelbert) that I can't complete. I'm stuck in this quest now.

Please fix this already.

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

@vanyaindigo

fishing with Caelbert

you can do it by bow in this case.

But there is world event in Oxenefordscire called Fishing Lesson, which can be done only by fishing line 😞

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into the missing fishing line. The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be deployed in-game. As soon as we have more definite information to share, this will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes. Please keep an eye out in these locations for more information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • vanyaindigo
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Great news, that's great to hear.
    But is it really so difficult to make 1 additional line in the dialogue with the fisherman so that he gives a fishing rod if Eivor does not have one?

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you! Great news! 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

You're welcome, @vanyaindigo & @wojciechg90! 😄 As soon as we have more details to share regarding an ETA for the update, they will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum. Please keep an eye out in these places!

As I'm not a member of the development team, @vanyaindigo, I would be unable to speculate on the investigation processes. If you'd like to learn more about the update pipeline, then I recommend checking out this Dev Blog for more information!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DarkModulus
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you're most recent update!
    I hope the fishing patch, which is hopefully coming soon, covers the PS5 version; as-well. I certainly want to eventually, obtain 100% completion on AC-Valhalla, and not being able to fish, would; certainly, prevent all-of-us from being able to obtain that goal.
    I'm glad I was able to Platinum FarCry6; but, I am nervous about putting in all of the effort, to try and complete the game; in full, without a patch coming soon.
    Please keep us all posted, on any positive momentum, regarding this issue @Ubi-Borealis. 🙂

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi!
    Any news when update will be released?

It will be before Dawn of Ragnarok premiere or it will be toghether? 🙂

Suggested Topics