ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DukeOfTheWikked
    1 posts

Still not fixed! months later. Poor services.👎

• theDuDeStandard
    2 posts

I understand the standard "working in it". Can you please escalate this issue to increase priority and get back to the group with a response from the Development team. It might also help to ensure they understand we know the exact actions that cause the problems.

In about a month you will be asking us to buy expansion content for a game we cannot fully play, I want to buy it but if we can't fully play it doesn't make sense.

PS: We are aware we could start over do things in a different order and prevent the bug, but at this point we have accumulated rewards from every season that cannot be gained in a new playthrough, so even the workaround isn't ab option.

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

I have same problem on PS5 - fishing line not available everywhere 😞 I wanted to collect 100% and platinium trophy in Valhalla but it's impossible right now!

• Kylacasper
    4 posts

@thedudestandard The way I see it, everyone with the "unavailable" fishing issue is told to post it here. However, it's been almost a year and the devs haven't addressed what should be a reasonably easy fix.

I think this has taught me that before I buy another Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red, or Bioware (EA is mostly at fault for the Andromeda tragedy) game, I'll let the games release for 6-12 months. Then, I'll Google forums for bugs and issues, specifically GAME BREAKING elements. If I see this kind of trend (not fixing something so simple as a fishing mechanic, which is actually required to do several missions), I won't buy the game. Here I am, over sixty hours into Valhalla and can't fish. At least Orlog was enjoyable. I uninstalled the game from my PS5 last night. I'm done with it since I can't really play it in its entirety.

I feel like in the end, the company/devs don't care since we already bought the game and lined their pockets. If enough people also decided to NOT buy their games right out the door and waited 6 months to a year after release to assess if purchase would be worth it, these companies would feel the hit.

• Kylacasper
    4 posts

@dukeofthewikked My thoughts exactly. They already got their money from us, so it doesn't matter to them. Next time they release a game, don't pre-order or buy it for at least six months, then Google to see if there are bugs and game-breaking elements. Don't buy if there are issues like this. That's what I plan to do. Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red, and EA (especially for what they did to Bioware and the Mass Effect series) have gotten sloppy and greedy.

• Kylacasper
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer Yeah, but what's being done to fix the FISHING ISSUE? At this point, the devs might as well remove the fishing line from the quick wheel, remove the fishing hut from Ravensthorpe, and remove all quests and elements that have to do with fishing. Like, completely remove fishing from the game since we CAN'T DO IT.

But, hey, what does Ubisoft care? They've already gotten all us players' hard-earned money.

• Killorio
    107 posts

Bah I just fish with my Hunter Bow with that skill activated where our Crow picks the loot of the dead. Far better than using fishing line.

• JThrillington
    2 posts
    Bah I just fish with my Hunter Bow with that skill activated where our Crow picks the loot of the dead. Far better than using fishing line.

Sure, but that doesn’t count towards the trophy/achievement for fishing, or the side quest that requires using the fishing line. So you can’t reach 100% completion just using the bow.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for continuing to reach out about this issue. I do apologize for all of the frustration caused by this continued problem with the fishing line. At this time, I still do not have any updates to share at this time, but rest assured that the team is still very much aware of, and looking into, this problem. We'll be sure to update everyone here, as well as on our News & Announcements thread, as soon as we have one.

Official Response
  • wojciechg90
    13 posts

Hi @UbiStorm! 🙂
    If it can help I can tell, that I WAS able to use fishing line during Tarben's event, when I was doing his missions. (unfortunately I can't say, if Fishing Hut was built already)

• Killorio
    107 posts

@jthrillington Ah, I didn't even know there were those. I'll get there eventually.

• theDuDeStandard
    2 posts

Playing this morning I thought of a solution that might be a lot simpler than fixing it. Put all of the potential fish for sale in the vendors. That will allow people that can't fish to complete things by grinding silver.

• amelmuzz
    4 posts

Playing on ps4pro and ps5
    Same issue as everyone else it would seem , I can't fish ("currently unavailable" in red always) and have the fishing hut built and did go fishing with Tarben before the hut was built. Trying to go on a fishing date now with Tarben locks me onto the Dock and unable to fish and can only walk around, I have to quit and reload because I can't access the fishing! .
    Must say the game is the most glitchey of all the games I have played and it seems the issue I and everyone else has has been dragging on for months and months?
    I raised a ticket only to have it closed as they were aware of the issue, come on this isn't good customer service and as it seems like its affected on most of the platforms (pc, xbox and ps4&5) it seems like a glich in the code way that the story line progresses.
    Be interested in seeing if you don't fish with Tarben before the hut was built makes the difference between if you have the problem or not?
    I have reinstalled and everything and have found no solution.
    Come on ubisoft this is embarrassing for you

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

@UbiStorm
    I will buy Dawn of Ragnarök only if you fix it!!! 🙂
    I hope that dev team is working on it.

• sector_bnx
    1 posts

Hello, same with me, I can't finish the world event at oxenefordscire lake with the kid...pls help with this. Everything is set to default, I play on PS5. What can I do? Saved games are on cloud...

• Martwe_Plody
    1 posts

I'm currently downloading patch 1.4.1 and I still quietly hope, that reinstalling the files will fix the bug reported by us. 🙏

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

@martwe_plody unfortunately not 😞

• amelmuzz
    4 posts

Well I'm fully upto date with my ps5 and I'm still unable to fish every bit of water I have found.
    Should I be able to see my fishing gear in my inventory? It's getting a bit of a pain as I progress 😞

• wojciechg90
    13 posts

Hey, @UbiStorm any news about progress in this case?

• Msr2306
    1 posts

So im currently on the mission “Bloody Path to Peace” the task here is “Go fishing with Ceolbert”… I can’t get any progress in this game because you guys haven’t fixed the fishing problem it’s been almost a year!!!! You really have to step up this game has so many glitches but this one doesn’t even let me finish the mission… come on guys

Suggested Topics