Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1265 posts

Hey there @mowmisamcze - welcome to Discussions!

I sincerely apologise for the repetition of our recent replies, however the status of the investigation as stated is that it is still ongoing. We do not have any new information or updates to share with affected players such as yourself at this time, as the developers are still looking into the issue and trying to identify a fix.

If you'd like to read a little more about the process of investigating an issue, please take a look at this dev blog that the Community Team shared a few months ago! 🙂 Thanks.

Official Response
  • kabilou29
    3 posts

Hello,

I have a bug on my ac game. I can't use m
    y fishing line : unvailable. I built fishing house in my village, done tutoriel but i can't select fishing line..
    Blocking issue for trophee..
    Did someone had the same issue ? Help

Regards

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2404 posts

Hi @kabilou29 I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to use your fishing line.

I can confirm that this issue has been reported and the development team are investigating. I have merged your post with this megathread we have created for this issue.

Please keep checking here for updates.

Official Response
  • anya1873
    1 posts

Hi,

I also have a problem with fishing line in ACV on PS5. I've build a fishing hut but it still shows as "Not currently available". It's really annoying because I can't pass the quest with Ceolbert where you need to fish. Maybe it is because of fishing with that baker guy that happened (for me) before I've built a fishing hut but I don't know. Could you fix it, it's really not cool?:(

• DVM1605
    1 posts

Hello,
    I'm playing the game on a PS4, and the issue is still present to this date. I tried to have a fishing date with the baker guy (Tarben) in the settlement to see if the issue fixed itself; I couldn't open Quick Action Wheel and couldn't end the event because the conversation options didn't show, so I had to reload the saved file. Thought the issue would be resolved with the new update. Hope it's fixed soon.

• Mfinkelstein22
    2 posts

I have the exact same problem as well. I was able to access the fishing line once when I built the fishing hut and have been unable to access it since. (says fishing line not available, as others have stated). I have been unable to access it anywhere within the game map and it is now hampering my progress.

UPDATE 15/10: I can use the fishing line in Vinland but it is unavailable anywhere else in the game.

• Mfinkelstein22
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@anya1873, @DVM1605 and @Mfinkelstein22 - A big welcome to Discussions to all of you! Thank you all for sharing your reports of being unable to use the fishing line in Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS4 and PS5, and I am sorry to hear that you are affected. As my colleague @Ubi-Keo has stated above, the issue is reported and is currently under investigation by the development team. As soon as we have more news to share with regard to this issue, we'll do so here in this megathread. Thank you for your understanding, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy the rest of the game in the meantime. 🙂

Official Response
  • xXDarkpierozXx
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis hello! Have you fixed the bug?? I'm blocked for this!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @xxdarkpierozxx

There hasn't been an update for this yet, but we will let players know here and via patch notes whenever one is released in the News and Announcements section once it is.

Official Response
  • kkingl21
    1 posts

The issue still exists. When will they solve this glitch? It's very embarrissing!!!

• Mattyrich78
    1 posts

My fishing line says unavailable from any location. The only place I can fish is vinland as of now. No luck in England or Norway just keeps saying not available.

• Ubi-Woofer

@kkingl21 - Welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue with being able to use your fishing line. Please rest assured that the investigation into this issue is still ongoing at the moment and we'll update this megathread as soon as we have any updates to share.

@Mattyrich78 - Hey there, and welcome to Discussions! I've merged your post into our megathread for this issue with using the fishing line; I hope that you don't mind! Please refer to the information I've written above, and do let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Fanitullen78
    1 posts

Same issue here aswell, "fishing line currently not available"

• quickdex
    2 posts

It would appear I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I built the Fishing Hut a while back and did the little tutorial fish session with whomever it was. I didn't do any fishing after that, however, I'm starting to hit the point where I'm trying to 100% and finish everything up and I was confused when the fishing line was showing up as "Not Currently Available" on my item/skill wheel. I thought maybe you could only fish in certain areas, so I tried next to different bodies of water, docks, on boats, but alas, nothing is working. I figured I'd jump in to let support know that this is still and issue and hopefully track this to completion so I can finish up the Completionist trophy for this game that I have almost 100 hours in! Not sure if it matters, but I play on the PS5.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions and/or need more details. Thanks in advance for the help!

• Vangel0vvv
    1 posts

I am fishing with my bow 🙂 I shoot the fishes.
    After i shoot the fish my raven gets it and then I turn it to the fishing hut.
    But I need a lot of different fishes to turn in.
    Any idea does it count for the achievement?

• quickdex
    2 posts

@vangel0vvv That's brilliant, I might give it a shot! I don't see why that wouldn't count, if you fish with your bow and they're added to your inventory, that should definitely work. Thanks for the clever idea, I'll give it a shot in lieu of a bug fix (which I still have hope is coming!). 😆

• jacefox
    1 posts

I cannot believe the game has been out this long and still so many of us can't use the fishing line!! What a disappointment.

• RavensNevermore
    1 posts

Same issue with my game, it worked fine on the first play through. This is my second play through and now my line doesn't work.

• azullFR
    1338 posts

@ravensnevermore

on your second play through, did you talked to Tarben before making the fishing hut (issue know by Ubi for a long, long time...) ?

Suggested Topics