Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MeneerD3Uil3
    5 posts

Hi @ubi-milky,

Thank you for initiating an investigation.

I tried what you asked multiple times but did not work unfortunately.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

I appreciate you trying those workaround steps I gave you meneerd3uil3, thank you for letting me know it did not help.

We are receiving quite a few reports of this and have added save files and videos to our investigation, hopefully, this will be addressed in the game soon for you.

Official Response
  • guest-aRbF6RIw
    5 posts

Hi, I have an unusual problem, but I simply cannot use the line after building the fishing hut. I see line as an option, but when I try to select it, it just says "Not currently available". I've already tried:

Verify game files
    Restart the game
    Removal of any items from inventory (head, torso, weapons, etc.)

The last time I was able to use the line was during a world event with Tarben that involved fishing, but this happened before I was able to successfully build the fishing hut.
    I also tried to navigate in norway but nothing, the only place where I can use it is vinnland

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    1105 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

Moving some threads over here that have been receiving the same issues. Thank you, @VirtualAwesome and @azullFR, for the assist. This issue is still being investigated with our team at this time. There are no further updates at this moment, but rest assured we will keep everyone posted once we have further news and announcements to share. We truly appreciate you all for bearing with us in the meantime.

@princeromeo2012 Thank you for sharing this here. I will be adding this workaround discovered with our team's research. If you have any video clips of you trying this, too is greatly appreciated. 🙂

@Kenshi121 and @guest-aRbF6RIw, I'm extremely sorry for the frustration this has been. Please know we have provided all new reports to the development team. Once we have further news to share, we will let everyone know o our public channels and News & Announcements forums

Official Response
  • princeromeo2012
    8 posts
    Moving some threads over here that have been receiving the same issues. Thank you, @VirtualAwesome and @azullFR, for the assist. This issue is still being investigated with our team at this time. There are no further updates at this moment, but rest assured we will keep everyone posted once we have further news and announcements to share. We truly appreciate you all for bearing with us in the meantime.

@princeromeo2012 Thank you for sharing this here. I will be adding this workaround discovered with our team's research. If you have any video clips of you trying this, too is greatly appreciated. 🙂

@Kenshi121 and @guest-aRbF6RIw, I'm extremely sorry for the frustration this has been. Please know we have provided all new reports to the development team. Once we have further news to share, we will let everyone know o our public channels and News & Announcements forums

Eivor doesn’t have a fishing line mount in the settlement? It’s a suggestion to hopefully try getting the fishing line working again.

perhaps another idea is if the devs could allow to reset the romance with tarben the baker, and reverse the fishing hut build giving back the build supplies, removing the fishing ability.. and we could try build the fishing hut again (without having a relationship with the baker) , getting back the fishing line , hopefully being able to fish everywhere.. 🤗

Thank You

• MeneerD3Uil3
    5 posts

@ubi-milky,

Thanks for your help!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the confusion, @princeromeo2012. I think that's a pretty cool suggestion, though! 🎣 We'll pass it along to the dedicated teams for further consideration.

The development team have confirmed that they won't be introducing a "Reset / Restart Quest" feature at this stage of production. You can read their full statement below:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

Once we have any updates to share from the investigation into being unable to use the fishing line, we will let you all know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • EjadJer
    1 posts

@shod Your case is absolutely 100% with mine. Except I'm playing on the PS4 Pro.

Don't know what to do anymore with this issue, feeling frustrated at the moment since there are few PSN Trophies related with fishing activity.

Ubisoft please do fix this one soonest possible. Many thanks.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 439 posts

@ejadjer We'll share updates here as soon as we can and will also post patch notes in the News and Announcements section, so you can check to see if any updates have made any changes to this.

Official Response
  • musical_bear031
    1 posts

Hi Ubisoft staff, I'm sure you have made the connection already but it seems like the most likely cause of this bug is due to doing the hangout with Tarben where you fish before you build the fishing hut. This was the case with my game and looking at a few other cases going into this detail, it seems that is also why they get this bug. I can relate to all screenshots and videos as it says currently unavailable no matter where I am close to a body of water or even literally in it. I believe that may be the area most worth looking into. Love you guys.

• CyberConejo
    1 posts

I have the exact same problem:

• PS5
    • I was able to fish with Tarben (currently in a relationship with him) during the Sigrblot festival
    • Fishing hut built after fishing with Tarben (during romancing)
    • Near water (on boats also) the fishing icon is grayed and the legend "Not currently available" in RED when selected.
    • Unable to finish mistery about "girl's brother turned to fish"
      • Catching fish with weapons won’t count towards quest objective
    • No custom buttons or settings used

This resumes all posts in this thread

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello there @musical_bear031 & @CyberConejo! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to use your fishing lines after building the fishing hut. The development team are aware of this issue, and they're taking a closer look. Thanks for also sharing your suggestion that it could be linked to building the fishing hut after first fishing with Tarben, @musical_bear031! We've notified the development team about this, and they have been including this information in their ongoing investigation.

We don't yet have any updates to share at this time, including any news of a fix. Rest assured that as soon as we have any new information available, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • criselchingon33
    1 posts

Whenever I try to use the fishing line, it gives me a currently not available in red. I've tried in multiple places. I got no results. I've seen othe players having the same issue. I'm hoping there's a patch in the works. I'm on pc btw.

• princeromeo2012
    8 posts

Have tried to unequip all armour, weapons and unassigned all abilities. The fishing ability stays unavailable, though Eivor appears wearing the fishing line if not wearing any armour.

Tried to change to male Eivor while not wearing armour.. and the ability to fish stays unavailable.

Hope we're being able to catch fish again, it's needed to complete a mystery with a girl at a pond (bow and arrow) doesn't do the trick there and for getting the achievement to catch all fish with the line.

Going for all achievements in Valhalla. 😊

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

@criselchingon33 - Welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to share your report of this issue with fishing with the fishing line with us. As previously communicated, the issue remains under investigation at the moment and we'll provide updates as soon as possible within this megathread. I've passed forward your report to the developers for them to review now, so thank you again! 🙂

@princeromeo2012 - I am sorry to hear that you are also impacted by this issue with fishing with the fishing line! Thank you for sharing the different steps you've tried to try and work around the issue. As I've mentioned above, this issue remains under investigation at the moment, so we'll be keeping everyone updated here in this megathread. If we require any additional information from affected players, we'll also be sure to let you all know. Thanks again for sharing your report, as it's now been forwarded! 🙂

Official Response
  • ajae717
    1 posts

@shod same with me fishing line unavailable.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Thanks for sharing your report of this issue here in the thread, @ajae717, and welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you are unable to cast and use your fishing line at the moment.

As I mentioned above, this issue remains under investigation by the development team at the moment. We'll communicate any updates from the team here in this megathread as soon as they become available. Thank you for your understanding and patience in the meantime! 🙂

Official Response
  • MowMiSamcze
    1 posts

Ok So seriously u keep saying its under investigation but its over 2 months. It takes away pleasure from the gamers to play this buged game. Awesome game but for 2 months u keep saying one thing.

Any fix? Solution?
    Pls dont write again its under investigation.
    Money for game taken So devs are seriously lazy.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics