Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nicko384
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi, first time posting to a forum, so I hope I’m in the right place. I submitted a request to the help line but they recommended I try here, so here goes. (I apologize if someone has already brought up this issue, I could not find it).

I can no longer use Odin sight or my raven (up on the directional pad on an Xbox one). I have tried restarting, resetting, clearing the Xbox cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and nothing works. I know it is not the controller, as the button works on other games, and within the AC Valhalla menu, just not gameplay. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have an external hard drive attached, I don’t know if that is relevant but I figured I would include it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    873 posts

@nicko384
    1. What raven did you use?
    2. Did you modify your control settings?
    Probably reading Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Known Issues [Updated July 13] would solve your problems...

• nicko384
    Original poster 3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @nicko384!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to use your raven, and that you're having trouble with Odin Sight. As shared by @bielik01, we're aware of an issue wherein players who were using the colorful raven skin will be unable to summon their raven, due to the skin being removed from the game. You can learn more about this issue in this ongoing Megathread. You should be able to summon your raven again after changing the cosmetics at the stable.

You mentioned that you use the "up" command on the directional pad to use Odin's Sight. Is this correct, or are you using another custom control?
    If you have changed the default control for Odin's Sight, it sounds like you're encountering the known issue with custom controls. You can learn more about this issue in this ongoing Megathread. Can you please try the following workarounds to see if this helps to resolve the issue for you:

• Reset your control bindings back to the default settings
    • Reassign the Interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action

If you are using the default controls for Odin's Sight, and you're still unable to use Odin's Sight after trying the above workarounds, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

The development team are aware of these issues with both the Ostara rewards and the custom controls. They will be deploying fixes in TU 1.3.0, which is currently scheduled for a release in July 2021. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for the next Title Update. I recommend checking the linked threads and the News & Announcements forum regularly for further updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics