Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 460 posts

Previously, I published a topic about Mastery Points in an attempt to work out the mathematics of their impact on Eivor’s stat values, but I couldn’t be absolutely sure about the math I was doing, and while trying to figure it out, I discovered that the values for Stealth and Ability Damage were being increased, but there was no labeling to account for it on any of the three ‘mastery categories’: Bear, Wolf, and Raven. I also mistakenly thought Armor was being enhanced and forgot that I had the feast buff applied. Silly me. So, this time I made sure the buff wasn’t an issue to get the right numbers...

As you can see from the video, the difference in stat values between the Eivor at the start of the game and another Eivor with only 300 Mastery Points applied (100 per category). I should explicitly note here that the following numbers cannot be simply divided by the number of points put into a given category. There is some strange math going on behind the scenes in this game. I suspect there is some rounding up involved, and also there are depreciating values as you increase your investment. Without literally tracking the impact of every Mastery Point from the beginning, I have no way of knowing if the stats get increased from the start at a set number and then decrease with every point put into the category, or if there are measured decreases in point output once a category reaches a certain threshold. Whatever the case, there are some facts I can relay unequivocally....

1. With all categories having a label for Health, the total increase is 47.2 points from 100 Mastery Points in each category.
    2. A number of stats saw value saw the same value increase of 10.5 points. These stats were Evasion, Melee Resistance, Range Resistance, Melee Damage, and Assassination Damage.
    3. For some reason, Range Damage is the lone stat that has a slightly higher increase of 10.8 points than the others noted above.
    4. The whopping increase of 30 points for Stealth Damage is incredible, and I can confirm from my findings that adding Mastery Points into the Wolf and Raven categories will net an increase in this stat. Mysteriously, the Wolf and Raven categories do not display this stat.
    5. The astounding increase of 45 points for Ability Damage is almost on par with the increase in Health, and I can confirm that adding Mastery Points into any of the three categories will increase the value of this stat. Also, this stat is not featured in label for all three categories, which is unusual given the significant increase.

A note worth making here beyond the above facts is that I cannot confirm if the three categories treat Health and Ability Damage equally or variably. I also cannot confirm to what extent the difference is in how Stealth Damage is awarded between the Wolf and Raven category, but I suspect that the Raven category is favored. Lastly, I find it unusual that Range Damage is the lone stat to have a slightly higher value total than the others noted in #2, and the increase isn’t even that significant to be noticed in the game.

I would genuinely appreciate some feedback from any Ubisoft people to truly explain the math behind the Mastery Points, and also why are there no labels for Stealth Damage and Ability Damage. Thanks for reading.

ᚦᚩᚱᚪ:ᚠᚱᚪᛘ:ᚠᚩᚱᚦᚷᛖᚹᛁᛏᛖᚾᚾᛖᛋᛋᚪ:ᚷᛖᛋᛏᚪᚾᛞᚪᚦ:ᛞᚱᚩᚻᛏᚪᚦ:ᚷᛖᚩᛋ:ᛠᚠᛏᛖ.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics