Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MR.OPERATOR.
    Original poster 15 posts

I have no idea who designed this fight but this is freaking impossible. I have read on the Internet that she is 90 power level, I approach her with over 160 and still can barely hit her to approximately 50% of HP. She has a combo of 4 - 5 heavy attacks in a row (glowing red), which I can neither parry (impossible by design) nor dodge (not enough stamina, I can dodge like 3 or so at max). If she hits me with the red attack, I often die to 1 (in words: ONE) hit. 160 power character gets killed by 1 hit from a 90 power level boss... for real? I parry her attacks (those that can be parried) and sometimes she loses her poise so I can do damage to her but sometimes (like 25% times) she immidiately regains her poise and uses heavy jump on my back (she literally do this: I parry, she loses poise so I click to hit her but when the attack animation is playing, she magically teleports on my back). This cannot be evaded nor parried by any means and every single time it happens it kills me with 1 (again: ONE) hit. HOW THE F AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT a boss like this? She glows orange on her back but there's no way to hit it since she is totally invulnerable to ANY abilities or ranged damage. When I shoot her, she teleports somewhere else (for example right at my back!). When I use abilities such a Valkyria jump, she does the same. No point in using ranged attack, no point in using abilities, no way to dodge her all attacks, no reliable way to parry her 'normal' attacks. She takes me down with max 3 hit, I need like 50 to kill her (with 70 power more!).

The second stage: she releases clouds of poison literally making the battlefield smaller and making it even harder to just run around or dodge (remember: impossible to parry her 4 or 5 attacks in a row!). Who the F placed this boss in Mercia? She isn't even close to a reasonable challenge at this point in game (55 hours or so.....).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MR.OPERATOR.
    Original poster 15 posts

By the way, I have just crushed Wuffa, a 160 power level zealot. Was like 100 times easier then Goneril....

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Don't know what difficulty you are playing on but, if that fight is too hard drop the difficulty level to easy for the fight. If you research it is recommended that the player be at least power level 300 or better to take her on. Another option is try using duel spears and relentless fire attacks. Duel spears in this game are op. You have speed, and distance. I killed her on Drenger difficultly but that is the way I play the game. She can be defeated.

• MR.OPERATOR.
    Original poster 15 posts

@chuckkatse 300 power? that would explain my difficulties. I found somewhere on the Internet that she's 90 power so I expected to beat her with 150 - 160 power myself. Thank you.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ChuckKatse
    283 posts

@mr-operator Just because the game says power level 90 that can be deceiving. Like I said wait until you are power level 300 or better then go take her on. Good Hunting.

• Maledicus
    51 posts

@mr-operator

Goneril is one of the Daughters of Lerion, my first attempt to beat these three ladies was when i reached somewhere around 390, at that time i had 6 heal rations, my armor-set had 9/10 upgrades as well my weapons, i was able to beat every one of them within the first try on normal difficulty BUT they were tough as hell. I doubt i could have beaten them earlier.

The game is non-linear, so don't wonder if you find special bosses with a higher difficulty compared to the region you meet them.

Best regards.

• BILL_265
    4 posts

@mr-operator I feel your pain, with the lerion sisters power level does not seem to matter. I forget their names but this 'weak' sister was not the easy one for me. The 'middle' one was the easiest battle for me.
    I do not like boss battles I just want to explore the world with pretzels and beer. To this end I waited till I had the points for 275? 325? (I forget, sorry, to continue...). I applied all the built up skill points I had, changed the difficulty level down then wiped my messy maps clean, beasts, Lerion sisters, zealots, drengr all in about 2 hours. Changed game level back up and continued on.
    It should fun, not stressful. For myself if I loose a battle 3 times I am about over it. If it takes 10 times then I am not even pleased when I finally succeed I just think "It's about FKN time. For me the boss sticking point was the zealot Eorforwine, that is when I quit dealing with them until ready.

• TheNorfolkian
    604 posts

@mr-operator I agree with @ChuckKatse here... I adopted the two-spear approach early in the game and found Goneril to be challenging, but beatable. Facing her made me feel bold enough to take on Regan and beat her as well... but I got too cocky and went directly to Cordelia without realizing how out of my league I was. She killed me pretty quick... I think I was something like 100 less power than her, and I made sure I was fully prepared the next time I faced her. It was challenging, but very rewarding to finally beat her.

If you want to ensure the best possible advantage against the three sisters, follow the advice @Maledicus laid out... max out your gear and level up your Eivor as much as possible. Then you can go back and kill each one of those crazy ladies.

Suggested Topics