Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tarzinio_
    Original poster 4 posts

I warmly welcome.

I have a problem launching the game. I've played this game more than once, but today I don't want to start. During startup, when it throws me the message "Attention an error occurred. Assasin creed odyssey: the application has stopped working. Help us by sending a report, so we will find out what went wrong". I have checked the correctness of the files and everything is ok. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Game launched from PC, ubisoft connect

Greetings.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 328 posts

@tarzinio_

Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with crashes/freezes at the moment.

The first thing I would suggest is to attempt each step suggested here. These steps are known to resolve most of the common causes of crashing/freezing. 

If after doing so you're still experiencing issues I'd then recommend opening a support case. You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

After you've opened the case if I can also ask you to attach two system reports to the case that will assist us in identifying any potential cause. The reports we need from you are:

MSInfo
    DxDiag

Thanks.

Official Response
  • UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 664 posts

@pavel-71 Happy to see that you are now able to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey again! If you ever need anything else, please let us know.

Official Response
  • tarzinio_
    Original poster 4 posts

@Ubi-Orion
    Hi,

it is impossible to report the problem via the website because the option is disabled;)

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@tarzinio_ Hey, which option are you referring to? Please run through this FAQ if you're unable to create a case.

Official Response
  • tarzinio_
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-spud
    There is no solution to my problem there.
    Please open a case in the Polish support department because I cannot do it.

Best regards

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 174 posts

Hey tarzinio_, thanks for your response!

First and foremost - can I just kindly double-check whether the crash issue you've been dealing with has been resolved or are you still dealing with it? If you are, let us know if you had a chance to go through the troubleshooting steps suggested by Ubi-Orion and if you have, yet problem is still there, can you let us know what graphics card are you using?

Secondly, in relation to reporting a problem, as Ubi-Spud stated, could you clarify what problem and what option are you referring to? Are you possibly having difficulties with creating a support ticket after selecting meta-data?

Let us know and we will take it from there.

Official Response
  • tarzinio_
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-karl
    Hello,
    I played the game about a month ago. I tried on drivers recommended on the internet 21.2.3. I will not install older ones because I know that everything worked on this driver, and the recommended 20.12 is from 2020, it is very old.

The game still doesn't work. I've been loading various drivers, but the problem persists.

As I wrote, I myself cannot set up a case in support. Someone already started the case for me by reporting on facebook, but they offer the same as here, and it does not help.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 295 posts

@tarzinio_ Thanks for clarifying all of that! When you opened a ticket through Facebook, did the agent happen to give you a case number or ticket number for submitting those system files? If so, would you be able to provide that?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics