Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 613 posts

@Ubi-Keo In the Forum Rules you published, there is the following...

4. No Flaming
    This includes any kind of personal insult, flame or intimidation. Responding in kind to a flame message is viewed as equally unacceptable, regardless of who started it. If you believe you are being insulted or otherwise flamed by another poster, please send a private message to any forum community staff rather than responding. This applies to both written text and image posting. 
    There is no need to turn disagreements into heated arguments. Rather than letting these threads become flame wars please agree to disagree or the thread is likely to be locked.

I’ve noticed on this Discussion Forum UI that I cannot actually message you or another mod directly. Here are images to prove that no message button exists when hovering or in the profile (I’m using @Ubi-Borealis as an example).

So, what is the recourse for this dilemma? Do we have to rely on flagging posts alone and not engage with other users who are using language designed to provoke a negative response?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

ᚦᚨᚢᚱᚨ:ᚠᚱᚨᛗ:ᚠᛟᚱᚦᚷᛖᚹᛁᛏᛖᚾᚾᛖᛊᛊᚨ:ᚷᛖᛊᛏᚨᚾᛞᚨᚦ:ᛞᚱᛟᚺᛏᚨᚦ:ᚷᛖᛟᚢᛊᚲᛖᚨᚠᛏᛖ.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey @TheNorfolkian! I've moved your thread to our dedicated "Forum Feedback" section, as I felt it was better-suited to being here than in the Player Support section. I hope that you don't mind!

In terms of privately messaging support staff (such as myself, @Ubi-Borealis or @Ubi-Keo) or a community staff member (such as @Ubi-WhiteRoom, @UbiT00n or @UbiQuB3) it is possible, but it is us who need to start that conversation. You can tag us in a thread and request to message us privately, and then we can open that conversation with you if there are any grievances or private matters you need to discuss with us.

In terms of problematic content posted to the forums, or instances where you feel a player's posts require moderation, flagging those is the best method of bringing them to our attention. We receive notifications when new content is flagged and handle these reports as soon as possible. So, if you would be sending us a private message to bring a player to our attention - flagging the content that is problematic does the exact same thing. If you'd still like to talk to us directly, when flagging the content, you can use a custom reason and mention this in your report if you like. 🙂

To answer your final question - as the rules state, please do not engage with any attempts to provoke a negative reaction or an argument. It isn't productive, positive or appropriate for our forums, and we encourage all players to be civil, respectful and polite when engaging with others. If this is not the case, we will assess these interactions and take any further action needed.

I hope that this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any additional feedback, questions or concerns. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 613 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for the feedback. I didn’t notice there was a Forum Feedback board in the first place. I just went back to the home page and looked closer to see that there is a slide button that revealed the board. I genuinely did not take notice of that before. Thanks for moving the topic post, and the advice... I will not engage.

By the way, is there going to be such dedicated sub-forums for the other AC game forums in the future? I have seen ‘off-topic’ threads posted elsewhere that could have been placed in such a discussion board.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Don't worry about it, @thenorfolkian - it's a little tucked away at the moment, but we intend to relocate this section to somewhere a little more visible as we continue to move more brands to the platform.

In terms of other Assassin's Creed games, we've moved the brand over already! Here's a list of the currently available subforums per game for you -

Let me know if you need any additional information. 🙂 If you could also flag any threads that you feel are in the wrong place, we can look to get those moved to more appropriate sections! Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics