Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 608 posts

I am aware of the issue that “signatures are not always displayed under posts by players who set one on their profiles”, but I’ve noticed that other information is not updating on the profile when attempting to add information. When I go to edit my profile and try to update my location or user info, in addition to a signature, the page will confirm at the bottom right corner that the profile is updated, but when I go back and check, nothing was updated and the profile remains blank in all fields except the name.

Is there any further investigation into fixing this bigger issue?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone,

I'm pleased to confirm that this issue with personal profiles not updating despite confirmation being issued should now be resolved! I have verified this myself this afternoon by attempting to update my profile, and I can see that both the quote I added to my bio and my signature have been successfully updated.

Can you please try again to update your profiles and let me know if you experience any issues? Thanks! 🙂

FAO: @TheNorfolkian, @SpirantCrayon22, @JCar4327, @longjohn119, @azullFR and @reaby

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer

Hello again @TheNorfolkian! Thanks for creating this thread to report issues with profile information updating correctly. I've been able to reproduce this myself on my own profile, so I'll report this forward to the forum developers for them to look into as soon as possible. Would it be possible for you to provide a short screen recording demonstrating that the details you save are not published to your profile? It would be much appreciated if so, to demonstrate the issue on more than my own account.

The issue with signatures that you have mentioned is slightly different in that the signature is correctly set, but does not display reliably under every post made by the user. For instance, my signature does not appear under every post that I make at the moment, but does appear under many in my post history.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-woofer Here is the screen recording you requested...

As you can see in the recording, I attempted to update the profile twice, reloading the page in between attempts. For reference I was using Chrome, but I have experience the same problem while using Edge and Safari.

• Ubi-Woofer

Thank you for providing this recording and information regarding the browsers you tested, @thenorfolkian! 🙂 I've added the link to the investigation I've opened with the forum development team. They'll review it soon, and hopefully will be able to identify the root cause of the issue.

I'll keep you updated here in this thread with any news I receive in relation to their investigation. If you notice any other issues in the meantime, or have any feedback on how we can improve the Discussions forums as a whole, please don't hesitate to create other threads to discuss these! 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-woofer Do you know if there have been any word on fixing this problem? I still can’t update my profile.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey @thenorfolkian - not yet I'm afraid. I have requested that the team check whether they can reproduce this issue, and that is still what they're working on at the moment.

As soon as I have any news, I'll be sure to update this thread. Until I do, please assume that the investigation is still ongoing for the moment. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubi-woofer It’s been some time since you said the team was investigating this problem. Is there some kind of backlog of tasks that’s holding up a resolution of this issue?

EDIT 1: @ubi-woofer I know you said you would update this thread if you have any news, but seriously... it’s now been a month.

EDIT 2: @ubi-woofer Can you please resubmit a request to have this issue fixed? It’s been over three months since I first reported this problem which affects EVERYONE on the forums.

EDIT 3: @bielik01 @azullFR @longjohn119 @SpirantCrayon22 @JCar4327 Can you confirm on your end that the edit profile function in the forums does not work?

• TheNorfolkian
    This post is deleted!
  • TheNorfolkian
    This post is deleted!
  • TheNorfolkian
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    637 posts

@thenorfolkian

I get the same behaviour. I changed my location to "milky way" and it appeared to save. I logged out, closed all browser windows, reopened Chrome, went to the site and logged in but when I looked at the profile it had not retained the change.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@thenorfolkian I haven't really messed with editing my profile information, but for the sake of this post I went to check it out. From what I seen I can only change certain information. Location information and birthdate it requires me to contact customer support. It appears I can change my email, name, and phone number. I have recently moved and will be changing my recovery phone number in a few days. I will check back in here and update if it went through.

• longjohn119
    787 posts

Not working for me either ... I tried adding location and my YouTube channel URL but neither took

• TheNorfolkian

@jcar4327 This is about changing the profile on the Ubisoft Discussions, not your actual Ubisoft account profile.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@thenorfolkian When I click on the 'Your profile' link it just takes me to the Summary page that shows best posts, latest posts, and the most liked by and most liked categories. I don't even see where you can see location, and I assume the signature would show at the bottom of each post. If this post has a signature then it worked, but if no signature then it is not working.

Edit: No signature, so it does not appear to be working.

• azullFR
    1369 posts

@thenorfolkian

I've checked just now in the Ubisoft Discussions Profile : the only things I can't change are :

• Name
    • Group Title (I didn't have one)
  • TheNorfolkian

@azullfr @JCar4327 Exactly... you can’t update your location or signature, hence why most users don’t have that information when they post.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@thenorfolkian This forum has been a mess since they switched us over to it. I wish they would have just stayed with the old forums because this forum is much worse than what we had. Not really even sure what great new features this forum brought that the old ones didn't have.

• azullFR
    1369 posts

@thenorfolkian
    here a test, I've just edited :

• Signature

🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr Yup, nothing got changed.

Suggested Topics