Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager Original poster 40 posts

Hello,

Because we've seen users expressing they would like a dedicated place to provide feedback on the new forums, I've made this thread 🙂
    Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions and feedback.

Please be mindful that this is feedback & suggestions on the forum and the structure, not the game.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    267 posts

Horrible to type in mobile as the keyboard covers the whole text, worse options in general to quote and post links or images, the infinite scrolling kind of deal makes hard to go back up, peoples names and avatars are too small so its hard to identify who posted since many people use default ubi avatars.

In general i would say its less of a forum and more of a bad message board format, oh and its bad to have time limit to edit stuff since i do make a lot of typos and only realize way later. So for me this is a downgrade over the previous forum that looked like a forum

• dagrommit
    507 posts

Both of these are under the latest version of firefox on Windows 10

Bug: Need to login daily

I had an active login on the old forums that seemed to work when the forum switch happened. However, I've had to login again every day since. Simply visiting the old forum removed the need to do this, though I would occasionally (less than once a week) be shown a prompt to confirm I am dagrommit.

I have since cleared all ubisoft cookies and logged in again. We'll see if it sticks this time.

Bug: List View toggle

Logged out of ubi and cleared all ubisoft cookies, then logged back in via discussions.ubisoft.com. The "list view" toggle shows as enabled (as it was before I logged out), but the forum displays in "card" view. Changing the toggle to "card view", then back to "list view" finally sets it to display in "list view".

Suggestion: Preview function when creating a new comment

A return of the "preview" function would be appreciated. Making long posts with multiple embeds and quotes is painful without this, especially with the short edit window.

Suggestion: Increase the edit window

I get why a time limit is enforced on edits, but it should be increased given the lack of a preview function. Putting together the PSA threads on item power and farming DZ boxes was painful.

• Noxious81
    305 posts

I can second what @dagrommit said about the List View. I additionally have to regularly deactivate and activate it after switching forums.

And I personally am missing the "Mark thread/forum as read" feature.

Also I only found ways to either quote a post or tag a user – but no way to use a quote while at the same time marking its origin or poster. I'd love to see that.

I also like to switch back and forth between the English and the German forums. I have to scroll all the way down to find the option to change languages at the very bottom right of the site. But when I click on the drop down menu, it will appear – veeeeery small – at the very top right of the site. Which is.... confusing.

The sub-forums are imho presented in a very bad way. Nearly noone uses the "Gameplay" or "Story" forums within the "General Discussion" section. Maybe that's because the navigation simply is not being recognized as such.

Being able to tag threads is a nice things. But as we are not able to apply filters using those tags, they are not too useful. Especially when I'm browsing the "Player Support" or "Looking for Group" sections I found it much easier to navigate with sub-forums per platform. No there's no way to filter or sort threads (or I didn't find it yet).

• Virtual-Chris
    463 posts

My biggest frustration with the old forums, carries over here... the authentication is horrible. I have to login every visit, even on the same device on the dame day. I use a Mac with Safari, an iPhone, and an iPad. Whatever your auth system is doing is broken on Apple devices.

Essentially, this NEVER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

• Virtual-Chris
    463 posts

One other suggestion... why is editing limited to 5Min? In a slow forum, where there are only a few posts per day, it makes little sense for me to have to write another post like this to make an additional point, rather than edit my previous post above... right?! This has happened on numerous occasions, where I've thought of something else I want to add, but the editing time has elapsed, and no one else has replied yet.

• POP_King_Delica
    18 posts

I don't even know where to start. As mentioned above I have to log in repeatedly every time I come to the forum. I need to refresh the page EVERY time I click on a different link to get the List view to work .... EVERY time . The Navigation is horrendously cluttered and confusing. There is no really direction or flow as to where threads or responses are. There is soooooo much white space for no apparent reason. The forum reloads itself 3 or 4 times whenever I open it.

The navigation "tiles" at the top are beyond terrible. Why hide primary links off screen or behind "click here" arrows. The new forum is so cumbersome and unwieldy to use. At least with the old one the navigation made sense and the layout was readable. Beyond that it is just plain hard to workout what I am looking at 90% of the time.

I would suggest aligning the presentation and layout closer to the old forum.

• LateNiteDelight
    339 posts

@xcel30 I get this most of the time: "horrible to type in mobile as the keyboard covers the whole text"

Sometimes it works correctly, but rarely 😑 Android Chrome [Pixel 3]

• dagrommit
    507 posts

Additional Suggestion - remove Suggested topics from the bottom of threads. They add no value as they are often from a completely different game. This may also help with performance as there won't be a need to generate the suggested list every time a thread is loaded.

• xcel30
    267 posts

@dagrommit Pretty sure since it's using AC valhalla as a base it ends up connecting to that forum by mistake, unless there's some secret "Odin" armor set here in division 2 that i haven't heard about

• DopeScopeNova
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xcel30
    267 posts

Man these forums are really confusing if someone wanting to complain about siege ended up here in the new forums

• dagrommit
    507 posts

@xcel30 for me, it seems to pull a mix of threads from both Valhalla and Division forums. Right now, there are two from Valhalla, and one from Div 2 attached to this thread, but it varies. I suspect whatever plugin they're using doesn't/cannot filter on a specific game. The lost soul from the Siege section is further evidence of this.

• POP_King_Delica
    18 posts

@xcel30 ... I get that weirdness too ... AC Valhalla appears in between link clicks and page refreshes. It flashes up briefly then disappears. Occasionally the landing page for Division 2 forum will be AC Valhalla for me as well.

• dagrommit
    507 posts
    Bug: Need to login daily

I had an active login on the old forums that seemed to work when the forum switch happened. However, I've had to login again every day since. Simply visiting the old forum removed the need to do this, though I would occasionally (less than once a week) be shown a prompt to confirm I am dagrommit.

I have since cleared all ubisoft cookies and logged in again. We'll see if it sticks this time.

To follow up on this, I had to login again this morning, so the old cookies were not the problem.

• Sgt-Clubba
    7 posts

The URL for this forum doesn't exist on main website, when I click on >Help>Forums I get taken to the old forums selection page and when I select Div2 I get taken to the old forum where I have to click another link to get here. Thankfully I'm not on a metered connection but those that are will be wasting their allowance on 3 uneccessary page loads to get here.

Also as mentioned above I feel the "suggested topics" block should be totally removed,
    1, it's a waste of resources.
    2, I am seeing suggestions from December 2020 and Feb 2021

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    49 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RaciaIAdhesive-
    49 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DutchLMB4ever
    89 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DutchLMB4ever